Great Works

Hydromancerx

C2C Modder
This topic has been briefly touch upon with having specific books or even holy documents made as Great Person produced Wonders. I would like to expand upon the idea with the following Categories ...

Book Wonders
Req Building: Library
Made By: Great Artist or Great Prophet (possibly others)

These books would be the most famous books of our history. Could give :), :culture: and whatever pertained to the specific book listed.

Painting Wonders
Req Building: Art Gallery
Made By: Great Artist

These painting would be the most famous paintings of our history. Could give :), :culture:. Sculptures like Michelangelo's "David" or Rodin's "The Thinker" could also be done too.

Play Wonders
Req Building: Theater

These plays would be the most famous plays of our history. Could give :), :culture:. Possibly even Hit Musicals resource.

Music Wonders
Req Building: ?

These songs would be the most famous songs of our history. Could give :), :culture:. Possibly even Hit Music resource.

Movie Wonders
Req Building: Movie Theater

These movies would be the most famous movies of our history. Could give :), :culture:. Possibly even Hit Movies resource.

I am not sure if we should have stuff for Television and/or Video Games, but it seems like they would fit.

Note all of these would not be buildable by a city but have to use a Great Person (mostly the Great Artist) to make the Wonder. And yes they would be wonders so only one civ could have each one.

What do you think? This would help fill in some of the blank art techs and give the Great Artist more to do.

What about Great Works that would give specific bonuses depending on who's building them? For an example, a book (and all the rest) made by a Great Scientist would give :science:, a book made by a Great Engineer would give a minor :hammers: bonus and etc.

Also, maybe with every higher, more technological entry, the bonus would be stronger? What do you think?

What about Great Works that would give specific bonuses depending on who's building them? For an example, a book (and all the rest) made by a Great Scientist would give :science:, a book made by a Great Engineer would give a minor :hammers: bonus and etc.

Also, maybe with every higher, more technological entry, the bonus would be stronger? What do you think?

Yes books (and possibly other pieces) could give other values depending upon what the wonder was. For instance Darwin's "On the Origin of Species" would be a :science: type of book.

There was a discussion on this way back in the RoM days from before there was RoM:AND. Recently Platyping put out a module containing a bunch of book wonders.

Book Wonders
Req Building: Library
Made By: Great Artist or Great Prophet (possibly others)

ALso you can give hit books resource with printing press tech since with this tech books becomes available to all citizens. Before printing press books was rewriten by hand and was very expensive so only rich people could by it.

In the long run you guys could maybe make it so that great works produce tourism, which gives you gold...

Idea from the nw civ 5 expansion Brave New World

In the long run you guys could maybe make it so that great works produce tourism, which gives you gold...

I heard about that, but i have no idea what it is all about, or even how to initiate something like that.

There is already a concept in Civ IV for exactly that. It is not as straight forward as in Civ III/V but it is there and it is used somewhat.

Obviously, the "Video Game Wonder" would be Caveman to Cosmos.

+1. C2C is the only game (electronic or otherwise) that fits the bill as a "Wonder" - up to now at least...:D

+1. C2C is the only game (electronic or otherwise) that fits the bill as a "Wonder" - up to now at least...:D

And.... This one
Spoiler :

With the Great Politician, we can have some "good" Wonder Books too, like "Das Kapital". But if I remember well, C2C have a problem with GP and Req Building (Great Spy can always build his special Wonder). Maybe need to correct this bug first?

Actually nothing much about great minds, when BNW was announced, I simply extracted the one and only interesting feature :D

So it is more of a C&P idea

Tourism and great works.
Nothing else of interest

@Sargon

Feel free to brainstorm you ideas in this thread. Me and others can look over and discuss your ideas until we get something for you to code/mod. We have not really done wonders like this before except for say Heroic Epic or National Epic. I am also thinking some existing wonders such as the Art of War should probably be converted into this since it water a literary work.

Top Bottom