NEWS: TSG67 Announcement

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 67
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the Sixty-seventh game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of features in Civilization 5 Brave New World to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Diplomacy. All VCs are enabled but results will be published by fastest Diplomacy victory turn.

In this game you will play as Morocco and lead the Moroccan Empire to victory. It's a standard-sized mystery map played at King difficulty and at standard pace. Diplomacy is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until September 15th to complete the game and submit.

Civ V G&K - TSG67 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: - Ahmad al-Mansur - Morocco
Number of AI Opponents: 7
Number of City-States: 16
Map type: Mystery
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: King
Game pace: Standard
Game options: There are NO RUINS in this game. Quick Combat and Quick Movement are enabled. (You may turn them off using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.18. NO DLC are required for this game but Gods and Kings expansion is required.

In this game, you will be playing as Ahmad al-Mansur, you possess The Gateway to Africa. You receives +3 gold and +1 culture for each Trade Route with a different civ or City-State. The Trade Route owners receive +2 gold for each Trade Route sent to Morocco.

You can train the Berber Cavalry. This mounted unit specializes in Desert warfare and protecting Moroccan lands. They receives combat bonuses when fighting both in Desert tiles and Moroccan territory. May only be built by Morocco.

You can improve tiles with the Kasbah when you unlock Chivalry. It provide +1 :c5food: +1 :c5gold: and +1 :c5production: and may only be built on desert tiles.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Opening Actions thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots and videos.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note, you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.

This game runs for a month and ends Sunday, 15 September 2013.

The Save can be found here.

I think this calls for settling on that coastal river hill. It doesn't matter if there isn't enough food for that spot, the sea trade routes are just too good to pass up. I think I'd move the warrior to the grassland hill.

It looks like there's desert to the south, so there might be a good coastal desert city location down there.

Last night I was trying to guess what this GotM would be. I guessed correctly on diplo. I was way off on difficulty level, my guess was Warlord. I suspected it would be Venice, but had Morocco as the 2nd possibility. Now I just hope I can do better at winning the game than I did at guessing what it would be.

Thanks for making this a no ruins game.

Well, I think I should be able to get a win out of this. It's my hope I can play a crisper game and start to not have 400+ games. Esp on King.
Little disappointed that there are no huts =/ Makes the early game a lot harder for me and I might not build a scout first now. Only reason to explore now it for City States?

I play this guy on immortal more than anybody else. Focus on your trade game, the rest will just flow.

No ruins? Sucks. No (real) desert? Also sucks :(

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to his, as I'm limited (by myself) to play TSG and Gauntlets only
(and the latter being "unavailable" as it's not BNW yet) - so I'm a bit stranded concerning CiV :lol:

I'm thinking about moving the warrior on the incense to see if there is food to
the north and maybe some sea resource and if there is not I might wander
south in hope of finding some flushing dry meadows desert tiles^^.

---------

What's up with that big red note here?
"Please note, you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play,
the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system."

Maybe you should rework that or else some people might play an additional
turn rather than submitting on the turn the victory screen appeared.

I was just thinking about giving Morocco a go, and then I thought, well, maybe I should finally try a Game of the Month. That's convenience for you! So here goes my first (and probably failing) attempt at a GotM...

I've not had chance to play much Bnw. Anything new I need to know about diplomacy VC?

I think this calls for settling on that coastal river hill. It doesn't matter if there isn't enough food for that spot, the sea trade routes are just too good to pass up.

This.

I am not sure sea is really needed. I will scout south and maybe settle on the cotton. Will see.

Huh. A Morroco start where i can definitely see nearby Desert :eek: Have to try this one out.
I've wanted to try Morroco for some time, but no matter how many restarts, i've never seen a Desert tile :wallbash:

I think this calls for settling on that coastal river hill. It doesn't matter if there isn't enough food for that spot, the sea trade routes are just too good to pass up. I think I'd move the warrior to the grassland hill

There really is no food there though. I can't see how you would get that city big at all and since diplo requires a science focus, surely that matters?

wow, no ruins, that sucks :/ i guess that will change my BO quite a bit. i think i will move my warrior southwest and hope for more desert and maybe some sea resources. if i don't see any i will probably settle on the cotton.

Going Liberty/Wide might be a better plan than my usual Tradition with the lack of food. It might be harder to tech, but will lead to more gold for CS alliances.
And yeah, no ruin changes plans. No hope to get free culture, those monuments will really come in handy.

I wish they could make it so that all of us would get the same rewards for each hut. I think some dont like it because since we are comparing scores it could make the difference between a 220 turn win and a 222 turn win. I still would rather have them, but I can deal with it as long as we get hut games too :D

is a scout first still worth it?
Especially when speculating on a continents map?

Cool!
Lurker for the last year, gonna try my first game of the month!

I'm usually pretty confident on King, but my first game in BNW I got crushed as Morocco. I'm excited to try Morocco again, hopefully redeem a diplomatic win! :D

Top Bottom