Leader text error in civ mods. Help!

Hiram

XML Plebian
This morning I was playing civ and I found that many of the mod civs in my game were having their leader names replaced with TXT_KEY_...etc on the score board and in the diplomacy box. The names displayed as normal in their diplo screens and when choosing civs at the beginning of the game.

Please help, I have no idea what is causing this and it's not appearing in the logs.

This morning I was playing civ and I found that many of the mod civs in my game were having their leader names replaced with TXT_KEY_...etc on the score board and in the diplomacy box. The names displayed as normal in their diplo screens and when choosing civs at the beginning of the game.

Please help, I have no idea what is causing this and it's not appearing in the logs.

No way!!! This just started happening to me too! What gives?

Playing around with worldbuilder today I've found that it's hit units and city states too. I think it's affecting all of the "DESC" text entries. Probably due to this it has broken my custom difficulty level such that i can't use it in a scenario without setting it for the civ i want to use in worldbuilder. I can't choose it ingame unless i go to advanced setup, which you can't do with a scenario.

There IS a strange thing in the database log:

EDIT: don't mind me, had another mod which generated that... so yeah, no log things...

What is even more confusing is it only seeming to affect some people and some of the mod civs I use are strangely unaffected too. There's also the possibility that it's affecting spy names which could cause crashes around mid game. I just had a crash in my most recent game which occured in between turns with a particular player which I could not progress further from. I'm going to play another game with a farm replacement mod just to make sure it's not the supposedly fixed farm bug.

Edit: I'm pretty confident my crash was farm bug related as my civ was able to get a spy with no trouble and if the issue affected all mod civs' spy names then the civ I was playing as would have been affected.

What mod isn't affected? I have mine affected...

Well I know my Egypt one has it. Until I saw this this thread I had done something wrong cuz I just made a new version.
Edit - My Israel is affected too.

First of all, Don't Panic! Apparently we're all in the same boat right now. I loaded up my mods and whoop, it's all screwed up in-game.

Interestingly, the leader list in Civilopedia seems to be fine (same with the basic "new game" screen, not the "advanced" screen), whereas the leader details revert back to default.

Weird. It was fine yesterday, so it has to do with the patch.

Additional information about my problem:
- Mine is not in the TXT_KEY format, but rather reverting to default.
- My logs also don't show anything. It appears that everything loads fine but is forcefully overwritten by the base game.
- Civ names not affected, only leaders are affected, and only in-game. Names don't appear to be affected on the main menu.
- Leader iconss are also affected, but not everywhere (main menu and loading screens are affected, Civs that are selected at the main menu are affected, but the Civ list when clicked is not affected).

Ok... if it will help I'll post every part in which is affected. First, all custom leaders have that issue here, on the following UI:
  • The MP Score thing on the right
  • The Global Diplomacy tab, specifically on policies and on trades
  • The mini Diplomacy overview roll down thing

And one that isn't affecting leaders, but the civ name
  • In the Culture Victory overview screen, where one checks if one civ is revolting, on the Most Influenced By tooltip.

Haven't noticed any other issues. The farm crash is fixed here.

First of all, Don't Panic! Apparently we're all in the same boat right now. I loaded up my mods and whoop, it's all screwed up in-game.

Interestingly, the leader list in Civilopedia seems to be fine (same with the basic "new game" screen, not the "advanced" screen), whereas the leader details revert back to default.

Weird. It was fine yesterday, so it has to do with the patch.

Additional information about my problem:
- Mine is not in the TXT_KEY format, but rather reverting to default.
- My logs also don't show anything. It appears that everything loads fine but is forcefully overwritten by the base game.
- Civ names not affected, only leaders are affected, and only in-game. Names don't appear to be affected on the main menu.
- Leader iconss are also affected, but not everywhere (main menu and loading screens are affected, Civs that are selected at the main menu are affected, but the Civ list when clicked is not affected).

I have the same problems as you. (Minus the first one.) Again, is there a thread about the patch somewhere?

for me:

-Text key entries for leaders are in pop up statements like when a city is captured (in lua print statements as well, where I have put (print Player:GetName))
-likewise for city states I've added ( in lua print statements as well)
-One civ icon has reverted back to vanilla. Oddly, only the one, although I have altered many for my scenario.

My civs are all updates/alterations of regular ones, not created from scratch.

I have the same problems as you. (Minus the first one.) Again, is there a thread about the patch somewhere?

This thread has the patch notes, but I've been through it and couldn't figure out what may be the cause; nothing seems relevant.

I also noticed that civilization adjectives (The Ottomans, The Romans, etc.) have also been affected, but not with all my civs. I'm having this with the Ottomans for instance. I'm running a custom, unshared mod that has heavily modified names for all civilizations.

I can't really point any specific place and say where the bug is "repeatable", it's quite complicated :p

Oh, also, the leader name for the civ I'm playing is not affected, but I believe that comes from the savegame. Haven't tested with a new game.

My civs are all updates/alterations of regular ones, not created from scratch.

Yeah that's an important detail I suppose, same thing with my mod. All modified, none from scratch.

Top Bottom