Alpha testing of v3.4

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
If you're feeling adventurous, you can alpha-test version 3.4 of the project before I release the public beta test later this week.

1. Download the Civ SDK on Steam
  2. Download a ZIP of both "source code" projects:
    https://github.com/Thalassicus/cat
    https://github.com/Thalassicus/cepbasic
  3. Build both projects in ModBuddy.

Note this is an ALPHA test stage at the moment, intended for people with some basic knowledge of modding, or those who want a sneak peak at the changes.

Wait for the beta test later this week if you want to play a more stable version. You're on your own if you encounter problems with the alpha test. Alpha versions change frequently, and usually have bugs that prevent starting the game or playing more than a few turns. Those things distinguish alpha versions from beta or stable release versions. I'm working on debugging this to prepare it for the public beta test release.

The main things are:

AI/tools separated into new project.
Most tooltips automatically write themselves.
Leader uniques implemented, but not tested.

Some feedback (will edit in more as I play):

• King difficulty, Time victory disabled, Communitas map, Small size, Standard speed
  • Started near the equator near Assyria; lots of jungle and an hostile neighbor
  • AI has a lot of early happiness; their 20 :c5happy: with two cities vs my 3 :c5happy: with one city
  • Assyria expanding out quickly early game; 3 cities by turn 55
  • Germany has 13 horses in two cities turn 69; horse tiles concealed by the FoW
  • Had to get Germany to DoW Assyria; Infoaddict tells me that Assyria took more losses
  • Tried out the Honor Opening + God of War combination; 1 :c5culture: 2 :c5faith: per strength is awesome
  • AI seems pretty competitive so far at turn 100; positive GPT and good science rates
  • Just met the Celts on turn 145; they have 200+ GPT, 32 :c5citizen: capital and most of the wonders
  • World Congress founded 151; Austria has 100+ GPT, 22 :c5citizen: capital, and 67 :c5happy:

Communitas map, king difficulty, standard size and speed.

I started up a game as Carthage. Founding my capital left me at -5 :c5unhappy:.

Early pop growth was...slow.

False alarm. I initially checked to make sure that I had disabled cep 3.3.4 basic...yet somehow still had it enabled when playing. With proper mod setup the bug is not present :)

Communitas map, king difficulty, standard size and speed.

I started up a game as Carthage. Founding my capital left me at -5 :c5unhappy:.

Early pop growth was...slow.

You must not be getting your starting happiness. What does your happiness breakdown look like?

That's correct. Starting happiness is 0 from all sources. Unhappy is 4 for founding + the 1 pop.

I'm China and once I founded my religion I could faith buy the abbey and it seems i can do it multiple times. Also 200 instant Science from building paper maker? That seems a little high. Otherwise enjoying Cep.

Also do you want feedback on tooltips for techs and or wonders? I see some not completed and some wonders need a scroll function.

Oh ya I was using infoaddict, ethnic units, fast aircraft animations, calypsos colored religious icons (basic and extended).

Attachments

• Civ 5 Bugs.7z
    1 MB · Views: 113
The "Buildings" tab of the Civilopedia shows the following "entries": AI Culture Handicap, AI Gold Handicap, AI Production Handicap, AI Science Handicap, City Happiness, National Happiness, Ottoman Tribute. I suppose these should be hidden.

The entry for the Burial Tomb (former Egyptian UB) should be removed.

Two buildings are shown as TXT_KEY_BULDING_HANSEATIC_LEAGUE and TXT_KEY_BUILDING_TRADE_COMPANY.

The French UA, though called "City of Light", is still described as "+3 culture per turn from cities before discovering Steam Power". Starting as France, my first city produced only +2 culture (same as for other civilizations), so I'm assuming the UA description is outdated.

Songhai's UA shows up as "Reconquista", which should rather be Spain's.

Finishing tradition grants you Indus Sanitation (I am the Shoshone) and you are still able to construct aqueducts.

@lockstep

The 'extra' buildings showing up is because the modified "CivilopediaScreen.lua" has not been activated yet.

That file, and the corresponding *.xml are needed because Firaxis made it more difficult to remove buildings from the 'pedia' than units! Why? Who knows?!

Edit: 1

The French UA text from a previous build was inadvertantly left in. Fixed.
Spain now has the correct UA.

The Carthaginian UA doesn't allow civilians to embark. The description also needs updating - it claims to provide a free lighthouse instead of harbor (Leader page says harbor - which one is a mistake..?). On that note, both lighthouses and harbors provide city connections.

Byzantium: The basilica provides additional faith on wine and incense, like the monastery. Was this intended?
edit: The basilica does not provide the flat 25 :c5faith: boost.

AIs with expansionist flavors are really loving the changes. 3 cities around turn 45-55 seems quite common. Starting with plenty of space between civs is very desirable. AI still bad at city placement :lol:

@Toby

The Carthaginian UA should now have embarkation.
The free building is now a harbour as described.

The basilica is a temple replacement and the temple also provides additional faith on wine an incense in CEP. I think this means we should do something else with the monastery eventually, but it's intended.

Ah of course, in line with the other buildings that enhance certain resources. Thanks.

Choose Civ screen a few additions needed-
Germany- Starts with Warrior and Scout.
Greece- Starts with unique Spearman.
Russia- Starts with Scout.
Venice- Starts with Warrior and Bireme
Songhai- Starts with Scout.
Inca- Starts with unique Archer.
Eqypt- Starts with Chariot.

When we start games- city focus tab is defaults to open (one less thing to do everytime)
Stonehenge built screen- Description needs scroll
Great Library built screen, Hanging Garden, Great Lighthouse and oracle- Description needs to list its abilities

Finishing tradition grants you Indus Sanitation (I am the Shoshone) and you are still able to construct aqueducts.

It looks like the way Firaxis has the Tradition finisher setup means the engine looks for the greatest <FoodKept> value in the Buildings database when determining which building to give for free.

Since the Indus Sanitation has it at 80 it chooses this. After lowering this value to 25 and trying again it chose the next greatest which is the Egyptian Basin Irrigation at 40.

We may have to rethink how the finisher works, or give it something else, if we want to keep these two UBs for India and Egypt.

Getting a free aqueduct from policies gives you the unique one.
Spoiler :

Display error (i wish i could crap that many people out)
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ 5 Bugs.7z
    1 MB · Views: 129
Top Bottom