Making aircraft less painful to use / move?

shadowandlight

Chieftain
Sorry if this is wrong forum? I didnt see one for mod requests.

Having to wake up and move a bunch of aircraft at one time is a pain in the butt.

Perhaps aircraft can be made to move easier or in groups? Perhaps attack in groups?

Or even just turning aircraft into 1 unit per title like the other units?

Throwing out some ideas... the current system sucks!

[party]:bday::banana::high5:welcome the civfanatics, shadowandlight!:high5::banana::bday:[party]
(that's just something we do to new members here; although you mostly see that in the Civ4 forums)

And I for one think the main problem with aircraft is the fact that their move animation is just so dang slow. I think someone should make a mod that speeds aircraft attack speed. It's especially painful to watch when the enemy launches ten great war bombers at you, enough time to go make yourself a sandwich before your next turn. :food::c5food::food:

that mod is helpful but doesnt truly address what is "wrong" with planes atm.
Yeah, sorry, I was posting from my phone and was just referring to AggressiveWimp's reply.

Sorry if this is wrong forum? I didnt see one for mod requests.
The Requested Mods thread is a sticky in the Modpacks subforum.

Perhaps aircraft can be made to move easier or in groups? Perhaps attack in groups?
I agree that the current interface is pretty lame, but the UI stuff is apparently pretty tough to mod. It should be possible, though. How would it actually work? A fairly simple method would be to add another selection in the air dropdown for "All Available Aircraft," but I'm not sure how satisfying that is.

Or even just turning aircraft into 1 unit per title like the other units?
I know the R.E.D. DLL can limit the number of aircraft per city, but I don't think that's what you meant... are you saying you want aircraft to be hover units like gunships, basically?

I wouldnt mind ANY solution other then the current. If they were to act like Helicopters that would be neat (maybe having to return to a city within 2 turns or something)

or move them as a stack... something?

Top Bottom