Does War Weariness Go Away During a Golden Age

WW is also affected by whether or not you were attacked and how much you are fighting back. It also helps being Militaristic iirc. So there could be several reasons you're not experiencing WW.

Does War Weariness Go Away During a Golden Age

In my eyes War Weariness doesn´t go away during a Golden Age. Your observation could be a mix up of occasion and result of the WLTK-Day. When looking in the civilopedia these are the

provisions of the WLTK-Day:

- the city can not be starving
- the city can not have any resisters
- the city can not have any unhappy citizens
- There must be more happy citizens than contend citizens
- the city must be large enough (typically size 6)

These are the benefits of the WLTK-Day:

- Chance of city converting is halved
- Waste in the city is reduced
- effectivness of propaganda missions is reduced

So the need of having no unhappy citizen in the city seems to be one of the triggers of the WLTK-Day.

As posted above WW is a very complex theme. Here are two links to threads about WW at CFC:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=61628
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=53114

If you understand German, there is a short but interesting summary about WW in the German CivWikipedia: http://www.civwiki.de/wiki/Kriegsunzufriedenheit_(Civ3)

Civinator: WLTK-day is a result of happy cities. If he experienced WW he could not get WLTK-day. But you can't conclude from that he gets no WW because of WLTK-day, as you seem to imply. :confused:

Civinator: WLTK-day is a result of happy cities. If he experienced WW he could not get WLTK-day. But you can't conclude from that he gets no WW because of WLTK-day, as you seem to imply. :confused:

As Pounder stated in post 3 of this thread, he didn´t experience WW and is asking why. The situation is as Vuldacon posted it and I tried to explain it more in the detail.

As Pounder stated in post 3 of this thread, he didn´t experience WW and is asking why. The situation is as Vuldacon posted it and I tried to explain it more in the detail.
...That is Correct Civinator :goodjob:

Am I missing something? Pounder didn't mention anything about having WLTK-day. He just wrote that he wasn't having WW in a post I've obviously already seen since I already replied to it.

How do you arrive at this conclusion:
Your observation could be a mix up of occasion and result of the WLTK-Day.

How can not having any WW be a result of WLTK-day?

If one is at War with another CIV and does not have casualties, War Weariness does not affect the population as it does when the War is Not going well and units are being lost. I have played many games with no real War Weariness due to fewer losses.

Not having War Weariness or rather the Signs of it when the Cities are celebrating WLTK Day is from the population being Happier. When a City is celebrating WLTK Day, it is a result of the Player handling all things where the Population is Happy and this includes how the War is handled.

The fact that War Weariness is possible is there but how one handles the Happiness of the Population during Wars has a direct affect on the results of it. It is Not that War Weariness actually is removed but rather not experienced.

All of the things a player does to gain Happiness for the Population counters discontentment and if the majority of the Population is Happy, War Weariness is not generally experienced. Especially if the player does not have losses and the War is going well where the Player is winning in battles and gaining Cities rather than losing them.

If a Population is Happy and at War with no real losses but rather positive Gain, why would a Population have Any War Weariness? :) WLTK Day is celebrated because the Player has handled all things where the Population is Happy. If at War and the Player is Winning rather than losing, has little or no loss and keeps the Population Happy, War Weariness is not experienced.

A Golden Age helps to lessen War Weariness, especially when the Player continues the Happiness of the Population and handles Wars in a manner that is positive rather than negative.

Try losing units and Cities when at War and don't bother trying to keep the Population Happy with Luxuries or anything else, then see how fast War Weariness takes place :lol:

A Golden Age and WLTK Day are two different things. A Golden Age is an Age of Prosperity for an entire Civilization where the things a Player does for the Happiness of their Population has Greater impact. This Age is set for a specific amount of time. WLTK Day is a Reflection of the Happiness of a size 6 or above Population in any City and at any time due to the things a Player does to make a City Population Happy as well as prevent Unhappiness.

If a Player has Cities celebrating WLTK Day, he has already handled those Populations in a manner that caused them to be Happy, so this is an "indicator" that he is handling the Population well. IF at War, he must obviously be handling it well or the Population would not be Happy. This differs from going through a Golden Age of prosperity that positively affects the Mood of the entire Civilization and is set for a specific amount of time.

Neither a Golden Age nor WLTK Day removes the possibility of War Weariness... A Golden Age simply allows a Player an easier time keeping their People Happy and avoiding War Weariness while WLTK Day in a City is an indicator that a Player is doing it.

Am I missing something? Pounder didn't mention anything about having WLTK-day.?

Yes, you are correct. Today I had a Little bit more time for reading it. May be the best is, I only post again when I have more time for it.

Top Bottom