#nes, the NESer Chatroom!

Lord_Iggy

Tsesk'ihe
What is #nes?

#nes is an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel, where members of our community can meet to talk about... just about anything.

Currently, we are to be found at warrensofthought.com, on channel #nes.

If that channel is ever down, then we can be found on our backup, at irc.synirc.net, on the same channel.

How can I join #nes?

There are several ways to join an IRC channel.

The easiest way to join is through a browser-based client, such as Mibbit. Simply click on this link, press the server button, and then fill out the empty spaces with the following:

Server: warrensofthought.com

Nick: [your user name]

Channel: #nes

Alternatively, you could use a different client. I use IceChat, but there are many, many alternatives, including but not limited to mIRC, XChat, and ChatZilla. ChiefDesigner recommends KiwiIrc.

What should I do when I join #nes?

Well, talk of course. :p It is also a good idea to register your name with the server, so that you can get automatically voiced, and so that you can prevent other people from stealing your name and impersonating you.

How do I do that?

To register, simply type the following:

/ns register [password] [email address]

You will receive an email with a code. Simply copy this code into chat, and you will be registered. Now, whenever you want to identify yourself, you can type:

/ns identify [password]

If you have autovoice, this will automatically give you voice.

What's that line at the top of the chatroom?

That is the topic. If you have a funny quote, or an interesting link, or anything of the sort to share with #nes, then you can type:

/topic [topic]

I am having trouble connecting to #nes! Help!

That is what this thread is for. State your difficulties here, and we'll do our best to help you sort them out.

If you find trouble connecting to the server using the above address, try connecting to this IP: 54.252.92.148

You register, as described in the OP, and then ask Iggy to autovoice you.

No. It's just a tradition.

It only really has an effect in chats where only those voiced can speak.

No longer accurate; grants topic privileges.

The server is back up. For what it's worth, i've been assured that this won't happen again. Again sorry for the downtime.
As of thirty minutes ago.

Link.

Yeah, it is good he's still okay. Now we decide if we want to stick with our new server, or return to warrensofthought.

I'd like Warrensofthought.com

I can use my regular nick there (for some reason it doesn't work at the new server), and it's got a sense of familiarity.

I just got "No more connections allowed from your host via this connect class (local)" as an error. Anyone know how to fix that?

Top Bottom