Empires of the East: Xiongnu

Balam-Agab

God King
The first part of a series which will trickle in over the next couple of months...

A pack of ancient steppe Nomads. Raiders of China and possible ancestors of Attila and his Hunnic hordes.

Download

Credits to Kinboat, utahjazz7, CamJH, Plotinus, Micaelus, Steph, and Moeniir.

Ah wonderful. I especially like the Horse Archer. :goodjob:

Would it be possible to do a version of the horsemen pcx's where you could see the whole horse? :)

Thanks for the praise, all.

Yoda, I've attached bmp files of the full Heavy Cavalry... I figure you can do the rest..

Attachments

• Xiognu Cav Yoda.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 83
No problem. Could you upload an image of the Horse Archer too? ;)

Edit: Here they are. I did them quickly on my working computer, which has an older version of Gimp that I'm not so familiar with, so let me know if there's any trouble with them.

Attachments

• Xiongnu_Heavy_Cavalry_Small.pcx
    1.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Xiongnu_Heavy_Cavalry_Large.pcx
    6.8 KB · Views: 101
Balam-Agab, nice to see your new units, ow thank you very much! :) But where's spearman? :)

what can i say? WOOOOW, i badly needed those units, thanks...:clap:

well, wait a minute, did u say ancestors, that means there will be another hunnish pack, with some german mercenaries, or even avars?

Amazing addition. I can definitely see a lot of uses for these units. :)

Thanks, everyone.

I've updated the file to fix the lack of reins in the Horse Archer pedia (how I missed that originally, I don't know). I've also added alternate PCXs which show the full horse for those of you who'd prefer them (I'll to that for all future releases, I think). Thanks to Yoda for converting the Heavy Calvary.

well, wait a minute, did u say ancestors, that means there will be another hunnish pack, with some german mercenaries, or even avars?

Indeed there will be Huns and Avars coming. No German mercs, though, as there are enough Germans around already.

The powerful nomads. Good job~:woohoo:

a chinese scenarion becomes possible. though i would like to see some wortheless spearman added to this group, a kind of peasant with a large shield made of hide...

Top Bottom