News: TSG75 Announcement

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 75
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the Seventy-fifth game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of features in Civilization 5 Brave New World to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Culture. All VCs are enabled but results will be published by fastest Cultural victory turn.

In this game you will play as Brazil and lead the Brazilian Empire to victory. It's a standard-sized mystery map played at Prince difficulty and at standard pace. Culture is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until January 15th to complete the game and submit.

Civ V BNW - TSG75 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: - Pedro II - Brazil
Number of AI Opponents: 7
Number of City-States: 16
Map type: Mystery**
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Prince
Game pace: Standard
Game options: Quick Combat is enabled. (You may turn it off using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.144. NO DLC are required for this game but the Gods and Kings expansion is required.

In this game, you will be playing as Pedro II, you possess Carnival. Tourism output is +100% during their Golden Ages. Earn Great Artists, Musicians, and Writers 50% faster during their Golden Ages.

You can train the Pracinha, a Modern Era infantry unit that earns points toward a Golden Age when it defeats an enemy. May only be built by Brazil.

You can also build the Brazilwood camp, a Unique Brazilian tile improvement that can only be built on a Jungle tile generating extra gold while leaving the jungle intact, and will also generate +2 culture once Acoustics is researched.
[/B]
This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Opening Actions thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots and videos.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note, you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.

This game runs for a month and ends Wednesday, 15 January 2014.

The Save can be found here.

Hmm. When I play Brazil, I never roll starts that look like this. A riverside hill? With grassland and other hills around, and not just flat jungle? Looks like you just settle in place and go from there.

Observatory: +50% science.

Cultural Victory: (Generally) limited by what turn you tech The Internet, and even w/ Brazil, short of Sacred Sites exploitation, tech > culture for CV.

In other words, for me, moving the settler is almost always an obvious choice on this map, regardless of VC. However, On Prince, Sacred Sites is virtually guaranteed to work, since the AI isn't competitive at Reformation Beliefs. So, maybe not... ;)

i m allmost sure that fastest win wont include a observatory built ....

for science win or higher diffciulty moving to mountain d be no brainer.

Really Prince ... honestly this game is 3+ years old now . whoever havent lost interest yet is way past prince lvl i guess.
Espacially it seems like every gotm is something like prince or king now.

On like immortal the brasil special stuff d be really interestding but on prince - meh ...

lol, it's amazing to see you guys (Cromagus and tommynt) hitting it here again.
The observatory might be the key to a victory.

I did say that on Prince it's probably better to go for Sacred Sites. Observatory is obviously key towards early Internet otherwise. /shrug.

On that note, I've always wanted to try a domination CV where you capture all but one city, pillage it to hell, and bulb a musician on like t150. Maybe this is the map to try that. ;)

i m allmost sure that fastest win wont include a observatory built ....

for science win or higher diffciulty moving to mountain d be no brainer.

Really Prince ... honestly this game is 3+ years old now . whoever havent lost interest yet is way past prince lvl i guess.
Espacially it seems like every gotm is something like prince or king now.

On like immortal the brasil special stuff d be really interestding but on prince - meh ...

Agreed, even at Immortal level as Brazil you can win by culture before Internet with a late game Carnaval, On Prince, it would be interesting to see how many people win before entering the Atomic Era.

Finally have time to do another GotM, and so this couldn't have come at a better time! Thinking I'll move the warrior to the jungle hill next to the spices to see what lies over there, and if nothing good there I'll just settle in place (for Brazil, that riverside hill is a pretty good start.)

This one looks like fun. I guess this will be my 4th GotM. Maybe I can do something truly impressive this time...

I do think that observatory is important, despite what some others have said. I have never played a "sacred sites" game, and in fact do not even know what it is. Maybe I will read up and try that?

I'm going to try this GOTM, but I have a question.

This map type is "mystery", but I've known the type when I load this save file, because CIV shows a map type in "load a game" screen(cursor to map type).

Is this an exploit, or everyone should not move the cursor to map type in "load a game" screen?

I'm going to try this GOTM, but I have a question.

This map type is "mystery", but I've known the type when I load this save file, because CIV shows a map type in "load a game" screen(cursor to map type).

Is this an exploit, or everyone should not move the cursor to map type in "load a game" screen?

It is more likely a bug they missed when releasing BNW. It has been known since our first post-BNW Gotm. But generally, impulse control or actual preference for mystery will dictate whether players look at the map icon before loading the save. It isn't game-breaking to have had or not had this advantage.

We may abandon this particular feature until they fix the bug. TSG76 has revealed the map type ahead of time and we may continue to do this for upcoming gotms.

HR

Top Bottom