2013 Mafia/NOTW Awards

Nominations

Team Awards:

Best Mafia Performance. "God's Servants" award - Awarded to the most impressive performance by a specific mafia/cult/serial killer team in a specific 2013 mafia/NOTW game.

Spoiler :
Empire, Darths and Droids -- 3

Best Town Performance. "BLUFOR" award - Awarded to the most impressive performance by a specific town in a specific 2013 mafia/NOTW game.

Spoiler :
Innocents, NOTW L: The Immortals -- 5

Lord of the Rings Town, None Shall Pass -- 3

Town, Create you own hero! -- 1

Town, Columbo -- 1

Good Guys, Spaceballs

Player Awards:

Most Enjoyable Player. "Askthepizzaguy" award - Awarded to the player who best demonstrated his/her ability to entertain his/her fellow players in mafia/NOTW games over the course of 2013.

Spoiler :
Askthepizzaguy -- 3

Visorslash -- 2

Zack -- 1

Catharsis -- 1

Kennigit -- 1

spaceman98 -- 1

Best All-Around Player. "BSmith1068" award - Awarded to the player who best demonstrated his/her superb ability in all facets of playing mafia/NOTW over the course of 2013.

Spoiler :
Zack -- 2

Visorslash -- 1

Best Townie. "Visorslash" award - Awarded to the player who best demonstrated his/her superb ability playing on the side of the town/innocents over the course of 2013.

Spoiler :
Zack -- 3

Visorslash -- 3

Arakhor -- 2

Best Scumbag. "Mergle" award - Awarded to the player who best demonstrated his/her superb ability playing on the side of the mafia/cult/serial killer over the course of 2013.

Spoiler :
Stuck in Pi -- 3

Zack -- 3

Mergle -- 1

Best Contributor to Mafia/NOTW. "Zack" award - Awarded to the player who contributed the most to mafia and NOTW over the course of 2013.

Spoiler :
Zack -- 3

Jarrema -- 2

choxorn -- 1

Visorslash -- 1

Askthepizzaguy -- 1

BSmith1068 -- 1

Best Host. "Dreadnought" award - Awarded to the player who best demonstrated his/her superb ability in hosting mafia/NOTW games over the course of 2013.

Spoiler :
Zack -- 5

Sprig -- 3

choxorn -- 2

Game Awards:

Most Enjoyable Game. "Team Fortress 2" award - Awarded to the game, of any size, which was the most enjoyable for its players in 2013.

Spoiler :
None Shall Pass -- 4

NOTW L: The Immortals -- 3

Darths and Droids -- 2

Best Small Game. "Zack Mafia III" award - Awarded to the best small game in 2013.

Spoiler :
Praetorians Mafia -- 2

Spaceballs -- 1

NOTW XLIX: Cirith Ungol -- 1

Best Large Game. "Zack Mafia IV" award - Awarded to the best large game in 2013.

Spoiler :
None Shall Pass -- 5

NOTW L: The Immortals -- 3

Darths and Droids -- 1

Best Setting/Story/Writeups. "The DOOM Project" award - Awarded to the game with the best setting/story/writeups in 2013.

Spoiler :
NOTW L: The Immortals -- 6

None Shall Pass -- 2

Nominations begin now.

Procedure:

- Each person may nominate as many players/games for as many awards as they wish.

- Nominate a player/game using the following format:

Spoiler :
[B]Award:[/B] <insert award>

[B]Nomination(s):[/B] <insert player/game you want to nominate for this award>

<outline any reasoning for the nomination or any other comments you'd like to make; optional>

- The top x nominees for each award "advance" to the voting stage, where x is defined as the number of nominees greater than or equal to the minimum threshold n, where n = (total number of nominations) / (total number of nominees)* for that specific award. *n is always > 1.

- You may NOT nominate yourself, a game you hosted, or a non-town team you were a part of. You are, however, allowed to nominate a town team you were a part of.

- Please try to only nominate a player/team/game you truly believe is a legitimate candidate for the award you nominate them for.

- You are encouraged to go into detail of why you nominated someone/something for an award. It is by no means necessary, so don't feel compelled to do so.

- Even if you can't nominate yourself, you are still allowed to talk about your accolades and to try and convince others to nominate/vote for you.

AWARD: Best Mafia Performance

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: (none)

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Empire in Darths and Droids; Trade Federation in Darths and Droids; Star Wars Cult in None Shall Pass; Ganondorf in None Shall Pass

Empire -- This was me, so I can't nominate it. I've already posted a buttload about this game.

Trade Federation -- I'm basically voting for Mergle here. (I would nominate him, but he lost the game.)

Star Wars Cult -- Really fun team to watch. Pulled out all the stops, never gave up, aggressive enough to try and seize the game outright, put into question what it really means to be town or scum. And despite countless obstacles, they still came this close to pulling it off. (I would nominate them, but they lost the game.)

Ganondorf -- Networked like no other, killed because he was doing too good of a job being townie - although, in his last living phase, he was found out. (I would nominate him, but he lost the game.)

AWARD: Best Town Performance

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: Innocents in NOTW L: The Immortals; Lord of the Rings Town in None Shall Pass; Town in Create you own hero!; Town in Columbo

HONORABLE MENTIONS: (none)

Innocents in NOTW L: The Immortals -- Not much to say. Game was balanced in town's favor, but it was still a curbstomp.

Lord of the Rings Town -- Networked really really well, stuck to their guns, eliminated the scums, achieved victory in convincing faction despite the challenge of facing off against three equally-powerful teams.

Town in Create you own hero! -- Town was a minority and still whupped ass.

Town in Columbo -- Literally could not have performed better.

AWARD: Most Enjoyable Player

Spoiler :

johnhughthom dropped the ball this year, but I don't believe in career achievement awards. So for the first time ever, I'm not voting JHT for this award. :(

come back john huge thumb

AWARD: Best All-Around Player

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: Visorslash

He kicked booty this year.

AWARD: Best Townie

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: Arakhor

Arakhor -- He was phenomenal in None Shall Pass.

AWARD: Best Scumbag

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: Stuck in Pi, Mergle

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Visorslash

SiPi -- He did an excellent job as Vader, especially once he stopped lurking so much. :p

Mergle -- Darths & Droids.

Visorslash -- Played really well, but died really early every time he was scum (even though none of them were really his fault).

AWARD: Best Contributor to Mafia/NOTW

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: choxorn, Visorslash

choxorn - Statistics, played in freaking everything, hosted several games.

Visorslash - Took over the queue.

AWARD: Best Host

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: choxorn

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Sprig

choxorn -- Punctual, funny, good setups. Doesn't really have any flaws as a host.

Sprig -- He injected unique, original mechanics and ideas into his game... But I thought it had balancing issues, possibly due at least in part to those mechanics.

AWARD: Most Enjoyable Game

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: Darths & Droids

Easy choice for me. Nothing else comes close, personally. Probably the most fun I've ever had in a mafia or NOTW game.

AWARD: Best Small Game

Spoiler :

The ones I played in were decent, but none really stand out from the others.

AWARD: Best Large Game

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: Darths and Droids

Like I said before, I really really liked this game.

AWARD: Best Setting/Story/Writeups

Spoiler :
NOMINATIONS: NOTW L: The Immortals

Did any other game even have a story? I guess you can also nominate games for having good writeups.

Best Mafia Performance:

Nominations:
1. The Empire, Darths and Droids. Really, it was mostly Zack, but Ravus going along with Zack's bussing worked great and mechaerik didn't do great but had lots of bad luck. Still, good job, Empire.

Best Town Performance:

Nominations:

1. The Good Guys and Spaceballs, Spaceballs, assuming I'm allowed to count both of them as one town. If not, then the Good Guys.
2. The Town, NOTW L: The Immortals. For reasons Zack already mentioned.

Most Enjoyable Player:

Nominations:

1. Zack
2. Visorslash
3. Askthepizzaguy

Best All-Around Player:

Nominations:

1. Zack, purely because of that quote about Pizza in The Immortals. You're awesome.

Best Townie:

Nominations:

1. Visorslash, for The Immortals and None Shall Pass, where you were an amazing townie despite not actually being a townie.
2. Zack, again because of the Pizza quote.

Best scumbag:

Nominations:

1. Zack. See Darths and Droids.

Best Contributor to Mafia/NOTW:

Nominations:

1. Jarrema, for ensuring that we will never go too long without small games and for being consistently active. You may not be the Best Player or the Best Host, but you're always involved with pretty much every game.
2. Zack, for being awesome.

Best Host:

Nominations:

1. Zack. If your game has the second-most posts ever among games in this subforum, you did something right. And it was AWESOME.
2. sprig. Immortals was not flawless, but it was pretty damn good and had excellent updates.

Most Enjoyable Game:

Nominations:

1. NOTW L: The Immortals. Best NOTW I've played in since Dreadnought's first one. Best NOTW I've played in that was actually set in the Fall From Heaven universe since... damn, I don't know. At least the best since TFA's Chronomancy Redux, probably even the best since It's A Long Story.
2. None Shall Pass. The only other game more active than this was active largely because of spam and Earthling fighting with everyone and their dog. This was active because people got really into it and wanted to have fun. Easily the most fun Mafia Game I played in this year.

Best Large Game:

Nominations:

1. NOTW L: The Immortals.
2. None Shall Pass.

For both, see above. They were also both pretty well-constructed and well-hosted, though The Immortals had some balance issues.

Best Small Game:

Nominations:

Eh... honestly, there weren't very many truly great Small Games this year. Spaceballs was probably the one I had the most fun playing, but even it was only about a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Best Setting/Story/Writeups:

Nominations:

1. NOTW L: The Immortals. Do I even need to explain this one?
2. None Shall Pass. Funniest writeups of the year, by a longshot.

I abstain in several categories.

Best Mafia Performance:

-

Best Town Performance:

Nominations:

1. The Town, NOTW L: The Immortals. For reasons Zack already mentioned.

Most Enjoyable Player:

Nominations:

1. Catharsis

For single-handedly kicking the most booty.

Best All-Around Player:

Nominations:

1. Zack, for being wise enough to not go along with the tell-me-everything scumbag strategies.

Best Townie:

Nominations:

-

Best scumbag:

Nominations:

-

Nominations:

1. Zack

Best Host:

Nominations:

1. Sprig

Most Enjoyable Game:

Nominations:

Best Large Game:

Nominations:

Best Small Game:

Nominations:

-

Nominations:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to abstain on this on the count I've just returned to this game :(.

Best host

Nominatios:

1) Zack, for his hosting duties in NSP
2) Sprig, from the immortals. Though I was only in it shortly I reread the thread and found him to be an exquisite host

Best townie

Nominations

1) Visorslash, no competition possible

Best large game

Nominations

1) NSP (although I was not in too much games roud here, it was the most enjoyable)

Best small game

Nominations

1) Spaceballs

Most enjoyable game

Nominations

1) Non shall pas. (loved this game)

Best Mafia Performance. Not sure.

Best Town Performance. Definitely not Holy Crusade. Immortals.

Most Enjoyable Player. Kennigit.

Best All-Around Player. Once again not particularly sure on this one.

Best Townie. Arakhor played well in NSP, but I don't remember too many other standout performances. Catharsis did well in Immortals, but both of these players played 1-2 games? Arakhor.

Best Scumbag. Really not sure on this one. Not many standout scum performances besides D/D. Mergle? Zack? Zack.

Best Contributor to Mafia/NOTW. Probably Jarrema for having a game ready all the time.

Best Host. Zack.

Most Enjoyable Game. None Shall Pass. Easily.

Best Small Game. Praetorians.

Best Large Game. None Shall Pass. No discussion needed on this.

Best Setting/Story/Writeups - NOTW L - The Immortals. No comparison for this one.

Best Townie. Arakhor played well in NSP, but I don't remember too many other standout performances. Catharsis did well in Immortals, but both of these players played 1-2 games?

Best Scumbag. Really not sure on this one. Not many standout scum performances besides D/D. Mergle? Zack?
Are these nominations...?

Best Mafia Performance:

Nominations:
Empire, from D&D.

Best Town Performance:

Nominations:

The Town, NOTW L: The Immortals.
LOTR Town, None Shall Pass

Most Enjoyable Player:

Nominations:

Askthepizzaguy
Visorslash
Spaceman98

Best All-Around Player:

Nominations:

I'd say... I have no idea.

Best Townie:

Nominations:

Visorslash
Zack

Best scumbag:

Nominations:

Zack
Stuck In Pi

Nominations:

Zack
ATPG

Best Host:

Nominations:

Zack
Choxorn

Most Enjoyable Game:

Nominations:

None Shall Pass. The only game I actually got into, which was my fault. And I enjoyed it a ton.

Darths and Droids.

Best Large Game:

None Shall Pass.
NOTW L: The Immortals.

Best Small Game:

Nominations:

NOTW XLIX: Cirith Ungol

Nominations:

NOTW L: The Immortals
None Shall Pass.

Best Mafia Performance.

Empire in Darths & Droids, for reasons already mentioned

Best Town Performance.

LOTR town in NSP. Close victory in an excellent, 4 faction, well balanced game

Most Enjoyable Player.

Askthepizzaguy remains my vote for this award. His play in Immortals was awesome, even if futile

Best All-Around Player.

None.

Honorable Mention goes to Visorslash, as he did well both as townie and as SK, but he lost the SK game before he was actually forced to be anything other than be Aragorn

Best Townie.

Zack, for purging the Immortals town network of Bad Player, despite my objections

Honorable mention goes to Arakhor for leading LOTR town in None Shall Pass and Catharsis for NOTW the Immortals

Best Scumbag.

Stuck in Pi, for Darth Vader in None Shall Pass

Best Contributor to Mafia/NOTW.

BSmith for accepting the role and many responsibilities of moderator of the Mafia forum, and preforming it well so far

Best Host.

Zack, for the well balanced game given to us in None Shall Pass

Most Enjoyable Game.

While NSP was great, I personally enjoyed the Immortals more, so nomination goes to the immortals, honorable mention to NSP

Best Small Game.

Praetorians. While I don't remember this game too well, as I recall, it was fun and well balanced, much moreso than the others.

Best Large Game.

None Shall Pass. Well balanced, excellent game mechanics, was extremely fun to play through the end

Best Setting/Story/Writeups.

NOTW the immortals, great mechanics, good backstory, but unfortunately unbalanced at times. I am looking forward to the sequel!

Most Enjoyable Player.

Askthepizzaguy remains my vote for this award. His play in Immortals was awesome, even if futile

:D

'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

-Tennyson

I've only played in one game this year, so it would be slightly unfair of me to vote in any of those categories, so I'll vote for the only one I think I should:

Best Townie

Nomination: Visorslash's spreadsheet in None Shall Pass. I think it was actually created by Sprig, but it helped lynch Sam (amongst others), kept a running tally of who was in which faction and kept the number of Mafia options relevant each cycle.

Honourable Mention: Visorslash, for not actually being a townie in that specific game. :)

I've only played in one game this year, so it would be slightly unfair of me to vote in any of those categories, so I'll vote for the only one I think I should:

Best Townie

Nomination: Visorslash's spreadsheet in None Shall Pass. I think it was actually created by Sprig, but it helped lynch Sam (amongst others), kept a running tally of who was in which faction and kept the number of Mafia options relevant each cycle.

Honourable Mention: Visorslash, for not actually being a townie in that specific game. :)

It was but 80-90% of the content came from Visorslash.

I would nominate but as I have only played in one game and hosted the other...

Top Bottom