What next for Enhanced User Interface ? Pick your top 3

What next for Enhanced User Interface ? Pick your top 3

• city view: drag & drop production queue, unlimited size (more than 6 items)

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • city view: save / load production queues

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • city production popup: single operating mode, direct selection of items: produce, purchase

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • notification panel: allow user to adjust the split between civ ribbon and notifications elevators

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • top panel: expand yield mouse overs with city & building effect details

• top panel: detail where luxuries come from (similar to what's done for strategic resources)

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • top panel: when mousing over an item, temporarily change infocorner display to matching info

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • plot help: show luxury / strategic resources hookup status

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Allow right click on civ selection screen UU/UB icons to access pedia

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • flag manager: add green/yellow/grey lights for player unit's movement/attack status

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • CityList (infocorner): make it more compact and useful and customizable (choose columns)

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • UnitList (infocorner): make it more compact and useful

• Allow resize/scaling of some interface elements/icons (LOT of work)

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • city banners: show the current active Pantheon/Religion beliefs & effects when mousing over

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Replace some notifications with flashing symbol on the right side civ ribbon or left side city list

• Add a centralized empire panel = citizen&food / build / great people / culture...

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Add a centralized relations panel = à la Global Relations (spinoff of Info Addict)

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Useful pedia: bring it up to EUI tooltip level (lots of work)

• Total voters
1) Compatibility with Communitas ;-)
2) The name of the currently researched tech in the main info bar (the icon is too small and I don't know them all)
3) nothing coming to my mind right now, I'll tell you later...

Yes, logs logs logs :lol: !
Also I would need a direct link and/or instructions on how to download Communitas, i am quite confused on how to do that...
Lastly compatibility is a 2 way street, and I would like to avoid customizing EUI for Communitas insofar as possible. For example, why change the game yields without providing corresponding game functionality ?
Cheers

I liked how in civ4, they actually asked you what you wanted to name a city before you build it... a little surprised when I didn't see it in civ5 the first time I played it, like "Really? Wow, uh, okay then..." :hmm:

So a vote for "CityList (infocorner): make it more compact and useful and customizable (choose columns)" here.
(That is, if I'm understanding what that's saying correctly... :think:

I liked how in civ4, they actually asked you what you wanted to name a city before you build it... a little surprised when I didn't see it in civ5 the first time I played it, like "Really? Wow, uh, okay then..." :hmm:
Well you do have an edit button in city view. For MP it would be a pain to have such a popup (EUI does work in MP, although there are a few kinks to be fixed in next version)
So a vote for "CityList (infocorner): make it more compact and useful and customizable (choose columns)" here.
(That is, if I'm understanding what that's saying correctly... :think:
100 chars max for polls! I had to shrink that one a lot... The idea is that you would choose what info (science output, food, gold etc...) appears in the list.

@punkdavid: that mod overwrites CityBannerManager, CityView, and TopPanel, nothing I can do about it.

Should be compatible even though it overrides corresponding EUI components.

You may want to ask the mod author, it's possible to change his mod to be compatible wit the EUI top panel and stay compatible with base game: make a seperate file lua/xml set called by UiAddin, hook up its "HealthString" TextButton to EUI's "TopPanelInfoStack" (found using LookUpControl) using ChangeParent. SortChildren can probably be used to put it at the right spot (function: true if either GetID's is "HealthString" and the other is not "FaithString"), that last part I have not tried.

Not even sure if this is doable, but I'd seriously love an option that would allow me to return to not the main menu, but the main menu after the mod select screen.

I have one clear request that is not on that list:

Keep EUI as the BUG of civ 5. DO not fall into the trap of "more is better". I don't want gameplay changes. None. Not a single one. Not a single piece of information that is not available in the base game in some form. If you have to sacrifice compatibility with Comunitas or anything else, so be it.

BUG is the spirit. Keep it please.

Can you make double to panel? I have 4:3 monitor and all the stuff does not have enough place there even in vanilla game, if I use mods for resources some things get completely obscured.

Top Bottom