multiplayer : crash when i'm host !!

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
I feel like in a deep pain right now. Indeed, while i'm kicked most of the time when i'm not host, when i'm host the game crashes.

I could however manage to play game when i'm not host, and the game didn't crash.

It's weird, last time I tried to host the game seemed the freeze (on TURN 1 !), the music stopped, i could move the mouse but the clicks were useless. So I did a ctrl+alt+del and saw that the program was without response. When I switch back to the game, it was a black screen whereas I could still see the mouse cursor of Civ5 and move it.

Is this something known ? How can I help myself ? Would upgrading to any expansion improve things ?

I am also unable to host, it randomly freezes up for me when hosting but runs fine when I'm not hosting. My machine is top notch so it has nothing to do with specs. It started for me when the fall patch came out. Before then, I hosted every game.

I feel like in a deep pain right now. Indeed, while i'm kicked most of the time when i'm not host, when i'm host the game crashes.

I could however manage to play game when i'm not host, and the game didn't crash.

It's weird, last time I tried to host the game seemed the freeze (on TURN 1 !), the music stopped, i could move the mouse but the clicks were useless. So I did a ctrl+alt+del and saw that the program was without response. When I switch back to the game, it was a black screen whereas I could still see the mouse cursor of Civ5 and move it.

Is this something known ? How can I help myself ? Would upgrading to any expansion improve things ?

This is EXACTLY what I am getting, have any of them worked as the host were when the game would attempt to re-sync it'd do the crash?

This is EXACTLY what I am getting, have any of them worked as the host were when the game would attempt to re-sync it'd do the crash?

I don't know if the game tries even to re-sync, I have not the learder screen or else.

CraigMak : this seems to be pretty random indeed. Sometimes it's like everything is ok (happened me once only), sometimes it crashes on turn 1...

I don't know if the game tries even to re-sync, I have not the learder screen or else.

CraigMak : this seems to be pretty random indeed. Sometimes it's like everything is ok (happened me once only), sometimes it crashes on turn 1...

Yes, it seems like the music is going to stop and you go back to the leader screen to re-sync, however only the music stops and it doesn't re-sync to the leader screen, it's very annoying.

Every time my friends and I have started a game lately all of us just crash while loading in. Its really annoying. We turned off firewalls, defragged things etc and nothing seems to fix it. Seems like firaxis has a bug to fix or something.

Okay it just happened again as Venice.

I was the host and the exact same thing happened. 9/10 games if I am host will experience this issue, this is most defiantly to do with something to the game. It has to be, my firewall has an exception for Civilization V and Steam, I have re-installed the game and validated all the files too, no problems there, this only started happening during the fall patch and it becomes increasily annoying, I shouldn't have to keep hot joining game because of this annoying bug, how can I contact 2K Directly to see if they can fix it?

Otherwise, I can't keep hosting these games, it's pissing me off.... :/

I've been having this issue too and some of my steam civ 5 friends also have this issue. If the game resyncs, it usually means that the host has crashed. I don't think there is anything that we can do, other than play smaller MP games.

Hopefully there will be a new patch that addresses this.

I have had crashes and disconnections too. It's hard to play MP when you get disconnected, you come back and then you get disconnected again.

For the love of god, FIX THIS DAMN GLITCH.

As a user who has constantly has been hosting games since 2010, I am getting pissed off with this glitch.

It has been happening since fall 2013, and every game I am getting booted out being the re-sync always fails.

I have sent 2K a message, they did NOTHING.

Fix your damn MultiPlayer, I didn't pay for price for it to be permanently like this. :mad:

My second ticket to 2K Support:

This is attempt two of me contacting you guys about this glitch.

This is not anything to do with my computer, this is a problem that multiple people have been facing, and when I contacted you guys previously, you said you would look into this, that was two months ago.

Now I am getting annoyed, as I am a user who has been hosting games on Civilization V MultiPlayer since 2010.

This will only happen to the people who are hosting the game. Basically, what happens is you're playing a game, the game unexpectly locks up and we wait for the re-sync to happen to fix this solution.

However, this does NOT happen, the host will have frozen, their monitors showing Civilization V basically in a frozen state, only being able to CTRL + ALT + DEL and exit the game. This bug is very common for people who are hosting Civilization V games, and I for one am getting tired of the constant crashing as a host.

I have proof of Multiple people experiencing this and not me just getting this, see the links below:

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...ying-As-Host-If-You-re-Host-Please-See-Thread

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=519026

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518749

They are trusted sites from CivFanatics and the 2K Forums.

Please, look into this issue. I can never play MultiPlayer as a host without crashing. If I have to ask for a 3rd request, I will not be so happy.

Thanks,

Sharples65.

For the love of god, FIX THIS DAMN GLITCH.

As a user who has constantly has been hosting games since 2010, I am getting pissed off with this glitch.

It has been happening since fall 2013, and every game I am getting booted out being the re-sync always fails.

I have sent 2K a message, they did NOTHING.

Fix your damn MultiPlayer, I didn't pay for price for it to be permanently like this. :mad:

My second ticket to 2K Support:

This is attempt two of me contacting you guys about this glitch.

This is not anything to do with my computer, this is a problem that multiple people have been facing, and when I contacted you guys previously, you said you would look into this, that was two months ago.

Now I am getting annoyed, as I am a user who has been hosting games on Civilization V MultiPlayer since 2010.

This will only happen to the people who are hosting the game. Basically, what happens is you're playing a game, the game unexpectly locks up and we wait for the re-sync to happen to fix this solution.

However, this does NOT happen, the host will have frozen, their monitors showing Civilization V basically in a frozen state, only being able to CTRL + ALT + DEL and exit the game. This bug is very common for people who are hosting Civilization V games, and I for one am getting tired of the constant crashing as a host.

I have proof of Multiple people experiencing this and not me just getting this, see the links below:

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...ying-As-Host-If-You-re-Host-Please-See-Thread

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=519026

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518749

They are trusted sites from CivFanatics and the 2K Forums.

Please, look into this issue. I can never play MultiPlayer as a host without crashing. If I have to ask for a 3rd request, I will not be so happy.

Thanks,

Sharples65.

YEP, this is exactly my situation. I used to host every single game of civ because I had the best machine. Once the fall patch came out I would freeze up for no reason as host and have been unable to host ever since. Being able to host is a pretty important aspect of the game that should be fixed immediately.

I for one am thinking about making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau as another civ player has done. BBB complaints are taken very seriously.

If it helps in getting this damn glitch fixed, please do that.

I guess the more emails we throw at them, the more they will be encouraged to fix it, because I doubt that one user can do anything, I bet as soon as I get a reply back, it will tell me solutions on how to fix the problem, even though I have told them it is not my problem.

If it helps in getting this damn glitch fixed, please do that.

I guess the more emails we throw at them, the more they will be encouraged to fix it, because I doubt that one user can do anything, I bet as soon as I get a reply back, it will tell me solutions on how to fix the problem, even though I have told them it is not my problem.

A report to the BBB is not an e-mail, it's more akin to receiving a negative feedback on eBay. In order to maintain a AAA standing with the BBB a company needs to rectify any complaints made by customers to the BBB. Having good standing with the BBB is extremely important to most companies.

In reality the thing that causes it is the coders who were and still are to lazy to fix many of the hundreds and hundreds of bugs in the game.
Every single game i play on the host ALWAYS looses connection and crashes about 10% through the game. Then following that the game CANNOT continue even with a new host since it freezes at the 0 time left timer.

In reality its just the lazy coders of the game... They make a new game filled with bugs then after a while of fixing 1-5 of the 200 they say "We should make a new game."

I have same problem also, and I have a good computer and stable connection. Its civ, not us.

I made a better business bureau claim about this issue stating that hosting is a basic feature which I paid for. It has thus far been unresolved. Perhaps a couple more claims might get the ball rolling.

Have the same Problem for over a Year...exactly the same...finaly i was able to Hpst a Game without any Problems for over 150 turns....so i just had enough and deinstaled CIV5(like i did for several times before)...but this time i deinstaled Steam too..deleted all data from bouth...did let my Nortin Utillitys Clean up the registry....downloaded Steam again...Instaled CIV5 over Steam...and just as i wanted to push PLAY..i went to the hiden symbols left click on button right of the Screen(ist the UP Arrow)...right click on my Norton Symbol and left click on deactivate inteligent Firewall...than chosed till next restart......so than i was Hosting the game for over 150 rounds till my trade Partner decided to crush me with a big Armada...so im not sure was it the all reinstalling....or deactivating inteligence Firewall or bouth....i have to go to sleep now and will try to host a game tomorow eve without deinstalling the inteligent Firewall and probably will than have the final answer...was just exited to post it here so fast as possible becose i know how u feel...i write in 24 hours again...

just made 180 rounds without deactivating inteligent Firewall...so just deinstall civ and steam and reinstall....how subscrible bevor...Have fun with Hosting again

Top Bottom