Where are the UnitArtInfoEraVariation defined?

ExpiredReign

Deity
I'm looking at trying to change the era in which the late model cargo ships appear.
We get modern looking trawler like work boats fairly early yet our cargo ships still look like galleons well into the modern era (I think).

I have never tried to edit these sort of variables before and I am finding it a rather obscure thing to track down.

I can see where the whole unit's art is defined but I can't quite see the timeframe trigger anywhere.

I'm not sure it'll work, but you can try changing the suffix of the art define tags from _POSTMODERN to _LATE.

EDIT: I tried changing WORKER_LATE to WORKER_RENAISSANCE, and it worked.

Apparently you're not restricted to the 3 era suffixes that Firaxis uses (_RENAISSANCE, _LATE [industrial], and _POSTMODERN [atomic]); the suffix _MEDIEVAL worked for me as well!

Hmm...

Not sure I will go down this path just yet. Although what you describe works, I think there are some minor sound glitches that will happen.

The 3DScripts that define the sounds are also tagged EARLY, MIDDLE & LATE and it may mean the sound will get screwed up.

Thank you anyway, at least I know now where/how these things are changed.
Since this cosmetic change apparently only was noticed as an annoyance by me, I can live with it until I feel more comfortable messing with the whole lot. For such a minor change I would have to question the worth of modding it.

Once again, thank you Nutty.:goodjob:

I don't think you're right about that.

It's just 2 lines of SQL. You don't need to rename the UnitMembers art defines, just the Unit art defines.
Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitInfos
  SET Type = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_CARGO_SHIP_MODERN'
  WHERE Type = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_CARGO_SHIP_POSTMODERN';
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos
  SET UnitInfoType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_CARGO_SHIP_MODERN'
  WHERE UnitInfoType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_CARGO_SHIP_POSTMODERN';

EDIT: I'm not sure what era the cargo ship should change; the middle one is too late by the industrial era, but the late one is too early for the industrial era. Maybe modern is best?

Sadly it doesn't appear to work as expected.

Although I am in the Modern era, and have been for sometime, the cargo ships still appear as they did before.

The database shows the updated information but that doesn't seem to be what affects the change.

Not to worry, I'll keep looking.

I am trying to do something similar in that I do not want the unit animations to change with the eras... for example, I still want the Great General to be riding a horse and not a Jeep.

I have tried two methods:

Code:
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitInfos
  SET Type = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL'
  WHERE Type = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL_LATE';
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos
  SET UnitInfoType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_GREATGENERAL_EARLY'
  WHERE UnitInfoType = 'ART_DEF_UNIT_GENERAL_LATE';

and...

Code:
UPDATE Units
SET UnitArtInfoEraVariation = 'false'
WHERE Type = 'UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL'

however, neither of the two has worked. Any advice as to what I am doing wrong. I am unfamiliar with sql, so there may be a problem in how I am applying the code.

Thank-you

For the second one, check the database.log file as there will be an error. SQL doesn't understand true and false, only 1 and 0, so it should be
SET UnitArtInfoEraVariation = 0

Top Bottom