turn 74 deity pangaea domination win with proof

klaskeren

Prince
I think i might have the fastest win on deity pangaea standard speed standard speed yet? turn 74, playing one city challenge.

A hint to the other thread that doing sub 100 is not that hard with atilla.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• dt.jpg
    dt.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 5,490
  • dt1.jpg
    dt1.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 5,958
OCC *would* make things go faster... drat, wish I'd thought of that. No need to balance happiness. Ah well, no matter, I knew I wouldn't have the BNW record for long anyway. And if the new DLC comes with a patch, who knows what might change?

Grats man! :)

Nice. I myself cannot master the domination victory, maybe due to the fact that i m not a warmonger in my style. Everytime when i try to invade an innocent civ, i go all guilty. But when some idiot named alexander plop one city in the middle of my road.......

*me captured Athens*

OCC is one city for the human but not the AI. So you took all AI cities? Pretty good. Please give more details.

OCC allow you to burn cities down allowing for a smother win so I would not count that as beating Cromagnus record.

Since the AI gets an additional settler on Deity, each AI civ presumably settled one additional city, with the OCC setting auto-razing each city when conquered by the OP. Since the minimap only hints at one remaining additional city (lower left, light green -- Brazilian city?), the OP probably conquered several cities in addition to capitals, making turn 74 all the more remarkable.

OCC is one city for the human but not the AI. So you took all AI cities? Pretty good. Please give more details.

if you look closely you can see AI borders down south west. also up north west there is a city outside the fog i think, as well as north east corner, 2 AIs in middle was taken out very early with upped battering ram, and no AI in south east.

Details about the gameplay:

Got warrior upgrade to battering ram early, took first cap turn 10-12, got archer upg on scout, took 2nd cap turn 20 i think.

teched wheel -> bronze, stole 1 worker, in capitol had 1 horse tile + 2 sheep, never grew cap past pop 3, working these 3 nice tiles

capitol build up i think was: scout -> worker -> monument -> then mass units.

SP was honor right side to +15% then left side to 50%

one key thing was demanding tribute from city states, getting gold for needed battering rams, and few HA.

if you look closely you can see AI borders down south west. also up north west there is a city outside the fog i think, as well as north east corner, 2 AIs in middle was taken out very early with upped battering ram, and no AI in south east.

Details about the gameplay:

Got warrior upgrade to battering ram early, took first cap turn 10-12, got archer upg on scout, took 2nd cap turn 20 i think.

teched wheel -> bronze, stole 1 worker, in capitol had 1 horse tile + 2 sheep, never grew cap past pop 3, working these 3 nice tiles

capitol build up i think was: scout -> worker -> monument -> then mass units.

SP was honor right side to +15% then left side to 50%

one key thing was demanding tribute from city states, getting gold for needed battering rams, and few HA.

Thanks and nice game.

Looks like the challenge now is to get sub 100 w/o OCC.

It's the exact same thing as taking all the enemy cities normally except you don't ever have to deal with unhappiness.

The time you don't spend building courthouses, coliseums and circuses all goes to units. Never thought I'd see a situation where OCC made it easier.

Very nice.

I had laugh at the comment about "innocent" civs and feeling "guilty". I just can't fathom why anyone would feel that way. No opponents are innocent, even if you do not conquer them.

Lots of grumbling in here. Turn 74 is an awesome benchmark. Nice game!

It is a very nice game. I just double-checked, and OCC is allowed in the HOF! So, it's too bad klaskeren didn't submit his game. Although, I guess, on the bright side for me, my record there still stands. ;)

I don't think it's grumbling to state that t74 would be significantly harder without OCC checked. But, even without OCC checked, I suspect klaskeren's run here would have beaten my time. Congratulations are definitely in order.

The only grumbling I ever have is that without HOF submission as proof, you can't tell if people did a lot of reloading for optimal results. I'm not complaining in this case, I'm just saying that going for record times with Horse Archer rush is all about pushing the envelope, and when you push the envelope, sometimes you push it a little too far and lose. Therefore, reloading turns makes it MUCH easier.

So, I encourage Klaskeren to either submit his game if he still has the saves, or make another run with HOF guidelines in mind. (Because he probably doesn't still have the autosaves if he's played any other games)

I've been distracted by G-Major and G-Minor, but... not to be out-done, I'll probably try my own OCC run soon. ;)

wondering a bit that a single batering ram takes ai capitals so easy.
Usually there are 3 warriors guarding early on.

whatever, enabling huts totaly dumbs down game

Playing the AI totally dumbs down the game.

If you want a real challenge you have to play humans. Until chips are fast enough to calculate a civ board like a chess board at least.

Playing the AI totally dumbs down the game.

If you want a real challenge you have to play humans. Until chips are fast enough to calculate a civ board like a chess board at least.

It's useless to compare single and multi. It's 2 totally different worlds. So different that many deity players who jump into mp are looking like noobs when they begin(from veterans's eyes).

MP is too universal. That's the main reason why there is no real and solid strategies behind. It's too unpredictable. But in singleplayer that's what make this world interesting. Every settings bring his best strategy. All you need is to know how the AI react(which you can't in mp unless specific settings).

I tried a multiplayer game once. Became friends with a guy but he didn't want to buy my Luxuries for 240 gold and called me a n00b :(

Top Bottom