Vicevirtuoso's Civilizations

Vicevirtuoso

The Modetta Man

original artwork by ジョンディー on pixiv

All Civilizations require Brave New World.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Civilization Pack
Download links: Steam Workshop | Mediafire
Additional Full Soundtrack Mod

Mod Support: Sukritact's Events and Decisions, JFD's Piety and Prestige, JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded, Ethnic Units, Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence, Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Community Balance Patch

Metal Gear Civilizations

Big Boss's Militaires Sans Frontiéres

Download: Steam Workshop | Mediafire

Mod Support: Sukritact's Events and Decisions, Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Liquid Ocelot's Outer Heaven

Mod Support: Sukritact's Events and Decisions, Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Armstrong's World Marshal, Inc.

Nanoha Takamachi's Time-Space Administration Bureau (The TSAB)

Hatsune Miku's Vocaloid Empire

Fate/ Series

Saber's Britain

Rider's Macedon

Gilgamesh's Sumer

Lancer's Ireland

Archer's Japan

Mod Support: Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

City of Heroes Civilization Pack

Contains the following Civilizations:

Pierce's Third Street Saints

Funny Valentine's United States
Mod Support: Sukritact's Events and Decisions, JFD's Piety and Prestige, JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded, Ethnic Units, Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence, Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Madoka Magica: Wish for the World, Community Balance Patch

Last edited:
Love this.

We now have Sumer with 100% more gilgamesh. Tremble in fear mongrols, the king of heroes is here.

Oh my. This is way too much Gilgamesh for me. Mongrels!

Also nice how you were able to fit the Fate series characters into existing civs. After all, Greece's leader already was Alexander in any case (just the pretty boy version of him), and "Hetairoi" is literally the Greek word for "Companions".

I have a question about one of them, is it ok if I PM you or do you prefer me to post here (or none of these :lol:)?

Yeah, no problem. However you wanna ask is up to you.

I couldn't find the relation of number of Policy Branches finished (iPoliciesFinished) in regards to Sayaka's trait.

This integer appears at UpdatePolicyBonusPromotions, which is supposed to grant an Unit the Promotion relative to the Tourism relation level; at OnAdoptPolicyPromotionUpdate where it actually gets it's number determination and OnMovePolicyPromotionUpdate doing the same thing as the previous (although with different kickers).

I can't find it anywhere else mentioned nor relation between the Tourism dominance and Policy Branches finished.

Sayaka actually has a different trait in G&K: earn Artist points in the capital from kills and gain +5% Combat Strength for each Social Policy completed, up to 25%.

Both traits run in the same Lua file. IPoliciesAdopted only affects the G&K trait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to post and say thanks for posting these -- I haven't actually had the chance to play them, myself, but I wanted to study how you added Kyuubey's actions to him/her/it, so I downloaded the code to study... and I'm incredibly impressed at how sophisticated you've made it. Definitely some awesome work!

Thanks! Couldn't have done it without whoward making that Witch Barrier-like UnitPanel.lua workable in the first place. The next update to the MSF will contain more examples of its usage, and I'm planning on uploading that sometime tomorrow.

With all these people looking at my code, maybe I should start putting more useful comments in it. I've got a bad habit of...well, not commenting a lot.

Thanks! Couldn't have done it without whoward making that Witch Barrier-like UnitPanel.lua workable in the first place. The next update to the MSF will contain more examples of its usage, and I'm planning on uploading that sometime tomorrow.

With all these people looking at my code, maybe I should start putting more useful comments in it. I've got a bad habit of...well, not commenting a lot.

MSF? I feel like I should know this, but it's escaping my mind at the moment...

And I don't really throw in many useful comments into my own code, myself, so don't feel too bad. X3

Yeah, I took whoward's obsolete G&K Modular UnitPanel and modified it to make it BNW compatible, as well as to make it dynamically determine if the game is running BNW or G&K for compatibility. (It also has an explicit reference to "GameInfoTypes.UNITCOMBAT_MAGICALGIRL", so you may want to delete that if you want to use it in your own mod :crazyeye:)

Looking at whoward's site, it appears he's removed it entirely. Glad I grabbed it when I could. If can get his permission, I could upload my BNW compatible version, giving him full credit for the original code.

Very Important Note, though: The AI cannot use any missions you add in this way. You'll need to add some Lua AI logic (or goofy hacks if you're me) if you want the AI to utilize your new missions. S3rgeus has a DLL replacement that is much more effective in this regard, but do note that users can only use one DLL mod at a time, so it will block out Civ IV Diplomacy, City-State Diplomacy, DLL Various Mod Components, etc.

Figured it might be better to ask in this thread, but what kind of Lua logic (or goofy hacks) can you use to get the AI to use new abilities? I'd rather avoid DLL mods if I can, and while the ability I've added isn't terribly integral to the unit, it would be nice to see the AI use it, particularly if I can expand its functionality.

MSF? I feel like I should know this, but it's escaping my mind at the moment...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169564537 :)

Figured it might be better to ask in this thread, but what kind of Lua logic (or goofy hacks) can you use to get the AI to use new abilities?

I haven't tried anything related to changing the AI's behavior in Lua, and I'm not sure how much of it you can actually affect without DLL digging. But as far as what I've done, I've basically separated the actual function that does the mission (in this case, the Incubator click mission), and had it call both from clicking the button and from an AI trigger (a UnitSetXY that checks for Player:IsHuman() to be false). The AI's trigger is "as soon as it builds an Incubator, use its Capital's population as the value to run its mission." I can post the specific code when I'm at my home computer again.

Ah ha!

I haven't tried anything related to changing the AI's behavior in Lua, and I'm not sure how much of it you can actually affect without DLL digging. But as far as what I've done, I've basically separated the actual function that does the mission (in this case, the Incubator click mission), and had it call both from clicking the button and from an AI trigger (a UnitSetXY that checks for Player:IsHuman() to be false). The AI's trigger is "as soon as it builds an Incubator, use its Capital's population as the value to run its mission." I can post the specific code when I'm at my home computer again.

I was considering just adding some Lua code that would execute at the start of a player's turn, and if the Player:IsHuman() is false and they're from my civ, go through their units, and if any of the UUs are adjacent to a city, to execute the action function.

It won't make them smart enough to actually go to cities, but at least if they end up next to one they'll get the benefit of the action...

New Civilization added to the OP!

I was considering just adding some Lua code that would execute at the start of a player's turn, and if the Player:IsHuman() is false and they're from my civ, go through their units, and if any of the UUs are adjacent to a city, to execute the action function.

I used to do the Incubators like this, but I found that the AI needs all the help it can get to make use of them. So I made them automatically trigger when they're created. It's balanced by the fact that they aren't likely to ever make more than 2 or 3 of them a game.

I used to do the Incubators like this, but I found that the AI needs all the help it can get to make use of them. So I made them automatically trigger when they're created. It's balanced by the fact that they aren't likely to ever make more than 2 or 3 of them a game.

Hmm... so where in your code would I find how you did this? I don't recall anything like that in the Lua files I looked at...

Also, the Nanoha civ looks interesting. More code to examine~ :3

In IncubatorMission.lua:

Code:
function AIIncubatorBonus(iPlayer, iUnitID)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
	if not pPlayer:IsHuman() then
		local pUnit = pPlayer:GetUnitByID(iUnitID);
		if pUnit:IsHasPromotion(GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_INCUBATOR_CONTRACT) then
			--print("AI Incubator created")
			local pTraitType = GetTraitType(pPlayer)
			if pTraitType.IncubatorSpecialBonus then
				--print("Owned by a PMMM civ")
				local iCapitalPop = pPlayer:GetCapitalCity():GetPopulation()
				GrantIncubatorBonus(pPlayer, pTraitType, pUnit, iCapitalPop)
				pUnit:SetHasPromotion(GameInfoTypes.PROMOTION_INCUBATOR_CONTRACT, false)
			end
		end
	end
end

GameEvents.UnitSetXY.Add(AIIncubatorBonus)

This calls the GrantIncubatorBonus function right below it in the code. This function is also called when the player clicks the Contract button.

Also, the Nanoha civ looks interesting. More code to examine~ :3

I did much better with the commenting in that one. Hopefully the silly stuff I did to ChooseArchaeologyPopup.lua makes some sense.

In IncubatorMission.lua:

This calls the GrantIncubatorBonus function right below it in the code. This function is also called when the player clicks the Contract button.

Ahh, I see now! Thanks!

I did much better with the commenting in that one. Hopefully the silly stuff I did to ChooseArchaeologyPopup.lua makes some sense.

I'll be curious to see how you implemented the Lost Logia... :3

Just wanted to pop in and say that you're awesome, and that playing as [REBELLION SPOILER] is so much fun. And that I've started dabbling into Civ5 modding myself as a result of discovering your work. Keep the awesome coming!

Top Bottom