TSG78 Results and Congratulations!

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
A list of the submissions for this game is assembled here. The list is compiled by date and also by score.

TSG78 was the Japan Prince Domination VC game..

First place :trophy: goes to tommynt with a 625 BC (t90 :eek:) Domination victory. :bowdown:

Second place :trophy2nd: goes to TyfoonTurk with a 350 BC (t101) Domination victory while :trophy3rd: goes to Cromagnus with a 150 AD (t121) Domination win. :high5:

There were 322 downloads with 60 entries for this game. :goodjob:

Congratulations to the trophy winners and :thanx: to all who played this game and participated in the discussions. :clap:

Special thanks to AlanH for keeping the submission system working. :goodjob:

T90 win is even more impressive if you consider, moving to the last capital takes 50 turns :) grat.

Hi,
Just wondering if the winners of these Civ5 training games ever post a more detailed list of how they went about winning. For learning purposes it would be great to see the build order used, policies selected, etc...even if just for the first 10 or 20 turns maybe. I know the final games are available for download, but they only show the last few turns of info on the logs, and the posted logs here are general and skip a lot of turns.

I recall years ago on the Civ3 games there would be posts of everything done on each turn, down to which tiles workers were moved to in the city screen. That may be overkill now, but it was a great tool to learn.

I've been reading through the strategy guides, but a real game example would be invaluable to walk through and learn some of the tips and tricks. If there is some existing option to see that level of detail that I'm not aware of, I'd love to know about it too.

Thanks,
Sempronius

I think what you are referring to for Civ III was the Quick Start Challenge. They were great guides, but we do not do them for this version of Civ.

Some of the players post their games on youtube and, generally, they link that in their signatures. You may also find some games in Civ5 Stories and Let's Play, although we encourage players not to post their videos until the game submission date passes due to spoilers.

Some players do post more detailed info of their games in the Opening Action threads.

You can also ask questions and most players will answer.

Thanks Lief,

I'll check out the youtube videos. I played through this game today (78) and I was able to win with domination on turn 185. I know a few places where I could have made things faster, but I am at a loss on how to win this map in 90 turns, I only had 3 civs down by t90.

I'm sure it comes with practice, but I'll read up on the forums and watch some videos on strategy and tactics.

Thanks,
Sempronius

I had in end like 5 armies - 40 units or so wandering over map and then obviously rush bought stuff where i needed.
Thats my concept of domination, scout and spam units ....
So where do you find the money to rush buy anything in the first 90 turns?

dV

Top Bottom