MacTruck

hugojackson18

Warlord
Hey guys. So I finally made my first unit! It's a MacTruck from my student movie Electroshock. I made it so I can replace the Caravan for late eras.

This unit is not a conversion, it's been created from scratch. It uses custom animations, there are animations for Run, StopRun, Idle and Death. I've managed to rig some smoke through the fx_triggers file. I took the smoke from the Fighter unit and rigged it to the exhausts of the truck and it works well!
The textures are the ones I made for the original model, but if someone intend to make it as a flavorCiv unit (like Gedemon's RED for example) and need some textures for like WalMart, Carrefour trucks or anything, just ask me and I'll be happy to do them!
For now, the unit's civ color is covering the whole cockpit, but again, if need be, I can make it a different way, like just in the flames or something. Please give me feedbacks on the look and I can make custom textures for whatever you need or might use it.

It's using the Civilian_State.fsmxlf for now, and it seems to not play the Death when the unit die, but when I switch to a OMNI_State, its visible, so if someone knows why that might be, I would like to know =)

Spoiler :

Download link is on the bottom! Looking forward to hear your feedback!

Awesome work! Really impressive to see a wholly new unit created from scratch!

It would be great if you could explain hooking up existing effects (like you've done with the exhaust) to new models in a quick tutorial. I don't know if anyone has ever done this before with a CiV unit.

Thanks guys for the nice comments!

S3rgeus, I will do a tutorial if you think it would be helpful. It's really not that hard, you just have to have the right bones and the biggest part of this is finding the right effect for what you need through the hundreds of effects already available!

Top Bottom