Gotm 154

Ali Ardavan

Mathematician
Retired Moderator
Game of the Month 154: April 2014

Civilization: 2 American settlers
Starting techs: Alphabet, Code of Laws, Masonry
Difficulty: Emperor
Total players: 5 (white and green are out)
Restarts: on
Barbarians: Roving Bands (-25)
50x60 game generated map which is a young (3 billion year old) normal temperate archipelago with small Land mass.

Deadline: June 2, 2014

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please send the savegames only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

You can download the game here.
Have fun.

Attachments

• GOTM_154.jpg
    GOTM_154.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,041
Resource seed is 7 or 23. The starting location is 3 specials with the third one hidden under grass. There is a 4 special nearby with ocean access.

This is a great setup for OCC: 4 special location on river, no key civ holes, great starting techs, and an extra settler.

One week after the previous result! Way to go Magic. If you keep it up, results will catch up with submissions sometime in Spring.

I congratulate Major_Advantage on climbing to 4th in the HOF table, four years after joining. I've much enjoyed your posts over that time, including the occasional little buried treasure. And I think, at the risk of causing embarrassment, the high proportion of wins reflects considerable expertise and probably a slight "edge" over us other regulars. At least in anything close to a "normal" game (I know you are not so keen on scenarios.) If I might pick one thing out it would be your ability to best manage the choice of government.

I think there is already enough in the pipeline for 3rd, and as a bonus, a first blue star.

1st and 2nd are probably safe though, unless we keep this going longer than I expect!

Top Bottom