New unit: Heavy cannon (or siege cannon)

aaglo

Furioso!

Attachments

• cannon1.jpg
    cannon1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 4,029
Dom Pedro II & Steph, I'm glad to hear you like it :)

And if somebody wonders about the box in the rear of the cannon, It's full of cannonballs of course. This thing does not shoot mere rocks, you know ;)

The one criticism I would make is that the actual cannon bounces up and down too much. Early cannons were very heavy and fixed in the chasis - they didn't have active suspension!

Dwarven? Why not, the guy looks quite sturdy, even for a dwarf. But he hasn't got a beard, only moustache (I trust you can see it :p )

Zulu - criticism is wellcome - I just don't take it very well :lol:

Your critic has a point, but you wouldn't notice the difference in the game (since it only bounces in the walk animation, and it's almost too quick for the eye ;) ).

Very Nice aaglo...I especially like the details. "non historcal" little bounce and all. Actually as for "active suspension", the entire Cannon has the slight bounce, wheels and all, so it certainly is not a matter of Suspension. This little bounce is Much better than a straight line movement because it adds more activity which more clearly animates the action that it is Moving. "Artistic License" coupled with little movements in animations are what bring them to "life" and make for a Fun Unit to add to the Game. Good Job!:goodjob:

Originally posted by embryodead
Will make a great dwarven cannon for my mod :)
Two souls, one thought.:D Now, if only we could persuade aaglo to put a beard on the little guy. ;)

Nicely done, aaglo!

Originally posted by Vuldacon
Very Nice aaglo...I especially like the details. "non historcal" little bounce and all. Actually as for "active suspension", the entire Cannon has the slight bounce, wheels and all, so it certainly is not a matter of Suspension. This little bounce is Much better than a straight line movement because it adds more activity which more clearly animates the action that it is Moving. "Artistic License" coupled with little movements in animations are what bring them to "life" and make for a Fun Unit to add to the Game. Good Job!:goodjob:

Outstanding unit Aaglo btw!:eek:

I would also lend support to my colleague-in-sound here that the bouncing effect is due to the fact that you have to set azimuth and degree settings for even a primitive ballistic weapon like this.

Vuldacon, my friend, we need to pool our talents here and create even more interesting unit action sounds.

Originally posted by Arne
Looks really nice. :) But it's kind of historical incorrect. (Sorry, i'm a chaot, but a perfectionistic one).

Arne, I think youd better explain your reasoning behind this statement. Would you please explain exactly WHY this bombard is historically innacurate?

Top Bottom