Gameplay comparison

I'm still working on balancing the game, but I think the game will never be completely balanced for every style of play. Just for comparison, I'm uploading here the starting save for a blitz game I'm currently playing (rev708, but 710 should be fine as well). If someone wants to try it with the settings I'm using. Just make sure you rename your AND folder to "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn EXP" (that's my experimental folder), or the save won't load. If someone wants to try it, I'd like him to post here saves of his game every 60 turns (60, 120, 180 and so on) to check how the game progresses in comparison to mine. Just curious on how people will play a game in comparison to my playstyle (only option that you might need to change is AI Flexible Difficulty under BUG option, which should be ON).

Attachments

• r708-real-02 BC-6000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    287.8 KB · Views: 62
I was playing on Rev705 the past few days (Been waiting for 'larger' updates and all that) so just now updated to 710. Will give the save game a spin once all the files are sorted and put in their place :)

I was playing on Rev705 the past few days (Been waiting for 'larger' updates and all that) so just now updated to 710. Will give the save game a spin once all the files are sorted and put in their place :)

I was counting on you Rezca! :D

45°38'N-13°47'E;13229136 said:
"Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn EXP" (that's my experimental folder), or the save won't load.

Protip for advanced windows users, I junction linked the normal RAND mod folder to the EXP folder 45* uses and then just keep a separate shortcut to run that instead. That way both mods are the same. A junction link tricks programs into thinking the files are there, when really its just a shortcut to somewhere else (see: symbolic links in unix).

Anyway, I will totally try this save out too.

Got my first 60 turns up and played. Two rivals met (Shaka and Genghis), three religions founded thus far and none appear to be close by as far as I can tell. I'm on my way to Calendar and the accompanying religion myself though. Should get it in five turns if nothing goes wrong. :)

Got Archery nice and early from a hut my Scout walked into, but have been having *terrible* luck with animals. Lost a Woodsman II scout fortified on a hill to a lion while at full health, and lost another Woodsman I scout to a bear on the very next turn :sad:

I did find this spot for a city though...
View attachment 375630
That's a lot of Cotton! :lol:

Got just a teeny bit distracted and missed the 120 Turn mark because of a War declaration by Shaka, was more focused on shuffling my troops around to check the turn count.

T128 save is attached though.

Anyway, I will totally try this save out too.

I'm eager to see how it goes.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I've also changed some other BUG options.
Everything as default except AI Flex difficulty, Battle Effects, Enhanced Air Bombardment,
Assassinate and Bribe Missions, Holy City Relocation, New World Policy 0, NewWorld Eras Behind 0, Barb Tech Fraction 0.4, New World Bonuses 2, Resorce Depletion, Terrain Damage, 20 Rebase Range, 15 Units per tile.
Enjoy ;)

I'll post my saves later not to spoil the map for anyone willing to try. Let's just say that by early industrial era I'm the biggest civ but not the strongest or most advanced one. There are 2 or 3 other competitors and a bunch of smaller civs.

I'll DL the new rev tomorrow, so I'll be sure that the full DL is up to date.

I admit I've never played Blitz (heck, I can't remember the last time I played on anything faster than Epic), so this'll be quite interesting.

I'll DL the new rev tomorrow, so I'll be sure that the full DL is up to date.

I admit I've never played Blitz (heck, I can't remember the last time I played on anything faster than Epic), so this'll be quite interesting.

It will be very fast too ;)
That's why I use it for testing.

I usually only play on Epic as well, sometimes Normal but usually Epic. Once in a while if I'm feeling adventurous I'll go Marathon but not on anything larger than a Standard or Large map. I don't like super long games, I don't have the attention span for them :lol:

Anyways, Turn 180 and Turn 240 saves attached.

Last thing I did before rolling over to 240 was bribing some AIs into declaring on their neighbors and picking up a couple of techs that I missed out by beelining certain others (Like Perspective)

Oh yeah, and being Friendly with Genghis? Don't see that too often do ya :lol:

I usually only play on Epic as well, sometimes Normal but usually Epic. Once in a while if I'm feeling adventurous I'll go Marathon but not on anything larger than a Standard or Large map. I don't like super long games, I don't have the attention span for them :lol:

Anyways, Turn 180 and Turn 240 saves attached.

Last thing I did before rolling over to 240 was bribing some AIs into declaring on their neighbors and picking up a couple of techs that I missed out by beelining certain others (Like Perspective)

Oh yeah, and being Friendly with Genghis? Don't see that too often do ya :lol:

You're doing pretty good but how come you don't have Revolution active? It was active in my game but I don't see the revolution bar in your cities nor I see the Revolution Advisory button near the main menu button... :confused: Is it possible that civilization.ini was pointing to wrong options? Or is there something faulty in rev710 (I haven't tried it yet)? Anyway Revolution should make your game harder given all those religions that you've founded. ;)

Here i go with my first 2 saves. ill post some later!

Edit*: I have just seen that revolutions is not active in my game... played so fast that i didnt noticed it.

Attachments

• turn61.CivBeyondSwordSave
    456.8 KB · Views: 55
  • turn121.CivBeyondSwordSave
    647.6 KB · Views: 55
It may be due to people upgrading/downgrading as 709 removes 2 game options.

It may be due to people upgrading/downgrading as 709 removes 2 game options.

Problem it's definetely here. It happened before. So everyone should make sure to delete Civilization.ini and .bak before moving from rev708 or earlier to 709 or later.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13230021 said:
Problem it's definetely here. It happened before. So everyone should make sure to delete Civilization.ini and .bak before moving from rev708 or earlier to 709 or later.

Great, have to re-update the ini file with Enable Flying Camera all over again :lol:

Yeah, I noticed Revolutions was off. At first I thought it was initially like that, but I saw the civics all mentioning stability and whatnot and got a bit confused.

Though now I'm a bit curious as to what other options may have been enabled/disabled that weren't supposed to...
*Edit* Maybe this is a result of not deleting the ini and bak files before updating my revision, but all of the civilization descriptions are stuck at [Civilization] Tribe ^^

I'm getting an error saying that "Save format is not compatable(SkipElement)" when I'm trying to load. The folder is renamed, and the error is occuring when the game is trying to load the save, at the beginning. I have no problem getting to the renamed folder.

Rezca I found 2 python errors from my recent SDK changes so update to 712 and you should be good.

Triblebassat make sure you are on the latest svn.

Turn 300 (302 actually. Curse that "Just one more turn" thing :lol: ) save attached.

Wars flaring up all over, which is perfectly fine by me. :)
Wasn't the first to Liberalism but I did snatch the free scientist at Physics. In the process of sticking cities anywhere there's room that doesn't infringe on the personal space of my big production/science/money cities. Doesn't matter if they overlap or not since in the long run AND's fun buildings like the absurdly overpowered Food Processing Plant will make that irrelevant in due time. :mischief:

I also hereby dub St. Petersburg as my super-military-production city.

Turn 300 (302 actually. Curse that "Just one more turn" thing :lol: ) save attached.

Wars flaring up all over, which is perfectly fine by me. :)
Wasn't the first to Liberalism but I did snatch the free scientist at Physics. In the process of sticking cities anywhere there's room that doesn't infringe on the personal space of my big production/science/money cities. Doesn't matter if they overlap or not since in the long run AND's fun buildings like the absurdly overpowered Food Processing Plant will make that irrelevant in due time. :mischief:

I also hereby dub St. Petersburg as my super-military-production city.

It looks like you're heading for victory but in my game I had far less cities and map was more crowded because I also had Barbarian Civs activated, which I don't think you have. Well, I hope you're enjoying your game anyway; almost at industrial era and although you're the strongest civ, other civs are not so far behind as it happened in the past. This is good, I thought it could depend on my playstyle because I'm not a warmonger so other civs have usually time to develop more. In some of my past games I even had to help some smaller civ in order to contain another civ's expansionism (had I not done so, that civ would have become a major threat and possibly larger than me by modern era, which isn't good in the era of nukes).

Top Bottom