Shai-Hulud, Sandworm of Arrakis (Dune Wars)

Nomad or What

Wayfarer
Supporter
Deliverator's Shai-Hulud, Sandworm of Arrakis from the Dune Wars Civ IV mod is now converted for use in Civ V! Uses 8 custom animations. Primary development and final Civ V conversion by Deliverator with minor assistance from Nomad or What.

This was a unique unit and problematic in several ways. Please see the following threads discussing how these problems were resolved as it may be useful information for fellow modders attempting to convert units with similar issues:

[TUTORIAL] Getting Civ 4 Units into Civ 5 - Full Conversion: Post #51

[TUTORIAL] Getting Civ 4 Units into Civ 5 - Full Conversion: Post #65

[UNIT] Dragon: Post #25

[TUTORIAL] Getting Civ 4 Units into Civ 5 - Full Conversion: Post #69

[TUTORIAL] Getting Civ 4 Units into Civ 5 - Full Conversion: Post #75

[TUTORIAL] Getting Civ 4 Units into Civ 5 - Full Conversion: Post #76

Many thanks to Deliverator for solving major breakthroughs in the Civ IV unit conversion process! :goodjob:

Thanks, it will be a great late-game unit for my Azracs (desert-based civ) :)

I'm glad to see you and Deliverator got it working! Could you upload a version without the plates? Some people are likely to see the pictures of it you posted and wonder where to find it...
Since this is finished, do you want to take a crack at the Dragon's idle animations?

I'm glad to see you and Deliverator got it working! Could you upload a version without the plates? Some people are likely to see the pictures of it you posted and wonder where to find it...

2 alternate skins for the Sandworm; just rename it to worm.dds and replace the original.

Attachments

• worm.zip
    70.3 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom