No gold from natural wonders

Rwn

King
This very small tweak will desactivate gold from discovering natural wonders if you have the "No Goody Huts" option enabled. Note: this option is hidden by default and you'll have to go to Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml to make it visible (beware, the bDefault option does not always work).

This is intended for players that don't want to see luck play a role in the amount of gold civs get early on, which may imbalance the game by giving much more gold than they'd be able to accumulate otherwise and give them a big boost to research (since civs don't have to pay for maintenance if they manage to get gold in their treasury).

Just put the file in Assets\Python\Platyping\NaturalWonders.py in place of the old file.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Attachments

• NaturalWonders.rar
    1.6 KB · Views: 189
I think this is a good idea to include and furthermore perhaps we should be making no goody huts visible again for the same reason... if you want a more fair game with a little more strategy and a little less chance this is the way to play (though I do love goodies... makes it hard to click on the option.)

(though I do love goodies... makes it hard to click on the option.)

Yeah, that's how I feel also, but free techs or 100s of :gold: in the early game are significant boosts that depend a lot on chance; I'm now only playing w/o goody huts. Maybe a possible workaround would be to review goody huts' benefits, I don't know. If I have time I'll see if I can come with different goody huts suggestions. I don't have this problem with events, whose effects are usually much lighter.

Note that it'd be easy to dissociate the gold for natural wonders from goody huts, but I feel that the reasons that might lead one to want to desactivate each are the same, so no point in making another option.

Goody huts need a complete audit. In particular Sea ones are not working right they ignore the no bad goody result tag for starters. Secondly they do not change with tech like the land based ones.

Goody huts need a complete audit. In particular Sea ones are not working right they ignore the no bad goody result tag for starters. Secondly they do not change with tech like the land based ones.

I've also got a land-based unit from a sea goody huts with a ship unable to transport anything... Can't remember what happened with it (probably drowned or moved to the closest coast).

I've also got a land-based unit from a sea goody huts with a ship unable to transport anything... Can't remember what happened with it (probably drowned or moved to the closest coast).

That is because it uses the same results as the land ones and we only fixed the barbarians changing them to boats.

Top Bottom