HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 33 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to GandalftheWhite for the highest score of the update with a Large, Marathon, Immortal, Domination game for 458791 points.

Sumorex was the most active player during this update, submitting 7 games.

Only 3 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Ororo - 500 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Religious game for 25008 points
sossos - 1260 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 329179 points
Sun Tzu Wu - 2290 BC, Duel, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 41795 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 188 - Cultural, Noble, Ancient, Standard, Normal, Fractal, (check options)
1st Sumorex 1525 AD
2nd TalladegaKnight 1570 AD
3rd WithTea 1740 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 189 - Conquest, Monarch, Ancient, Small, Normal, Terra, Rome (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
sossos with a 1260 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 329179 points.

GandalftheWhite with a 540 BC, Large, Marathon, Immortal, Domination game for 458791 points.

Walter_Wolf with a 1541 AD, Huge, Marathon, Emperor, Space Race game for 93264 points.

neilmeister with a 2050 AD, Large, Quick, Prince, Time game for 33593 points.

Karl_t_great with a 1951 AD, Duel, Normal, Noble, Space Race game for 13471 points.
Sumorex with a 1525 AD, Standard, Normal, Noble, Cultural game for 57423 points.

Karl_t_great with a 1842 AD, Duel, Normal, Warlord, Space Race game for 24567 points.

NobleZarkon with a Jan 2050 AD, Duel, Marathon, Chieftain, Time game for 27710 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
Mad2rix with a 1648 AD, Standard, Marathon, Noble, game for 241557 points.

Congratulatioms sossos on your great deity, normal speed, standard map conquest win!

孫子武

Congratulatioms sossos on your great deity, normal speed, standard map conquest win!

孫子武

Thank you, HOF expert.

In your opinion, which one is more important for a conquest game, more AIs for an earlier war or a leader with ancient UU? I forgot that so I had to start a late war with catapults and axes in this game.

The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 33 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to GandalftheWhite for the highest score of the update with a Large, Marathon, Immortal, Domination game for 458791 points.

Sumorex was the most active player during this update, submitting 7 games.

Only 3 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Ororo - 500 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Religious game for 25008 points
sossos - 1260 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 329179 points
Sun Tzu Wu - 2290 BC, Duel, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 41795 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 188 - Cultural, Noble, Ancient, Standard, Normal, Fractal, (check options)
1st Sumorex 1525 AD
2nd TalladegaKnight 1570 AD
3rd WithTea 1740 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 189 - Conquest, Monarch, Ancient, Small, Normal, Terra, Rome (check options)

Another amazing Inca game from Gandalf! It seems to block most attempts on that slot.

In your opinion, which one is more important for a conquest game, more AIs for an earlier war or a leader with ancient UU? I forgot that so I had to start a late war with catapults and axes in this game.

In general, I go for minimum opponents for conquest and maximum opponents for domination. Game speed, map type and size will impact this choice too though.

A unique unit may have a bigger impact, primarily on marathon and epic speeds. A unique unit will have less impact on normal speed and very little impact on quick speed, unless the unit is the quechua or even praetorian (both can be very effective without seige even at quick speed, if they are spammed ASAP).

孫子武

In general, I go for minimum opponents for conquest and maximum opponents for domination. Game speed, map type and size will impact this choice too though.

A unique unit may have a bigger impact, primarily on marathon and epic speeds. A unique unit will have less impact on normal speed and very little impact on quick speed, unless the unit is the quechua or even praetorian (both can be very effective without seige even at quick speed, if they are spammed ASAP).

孫子武

Thank you for the reply. It sounds good that in standard normal conquest game uu and AI numbers are not so critial, with which more different strategies can be applied.

Top Bottom