Stability

need my speed

Rex Omnium Imperarium
It would be interesting to play with all the old nations that usually collapse because of stability, I thought. I found this topic, but looking at the Python file, I doubt this solution works; 'def getStability' doesn't exist, with the closest two being 'def getStabilityLevel' and 'def getStabilityThreshold'.

Is there any quick and easy way of 'disabling' stability (i.e. make everyone permanently stable), or should I experiment through trial and error?

What exactly do you want to do? To remove all effects of stability you should probably just disable stability checks. Go to checkStability() in Stability.py and add a "return" statement as its first line.

That sounds good enough, so long as every stability effect (collapses et cetera) works through checkStability. It seems like that, though, so thank you! :)

Some other stuff depends on your stability level only, but without stability checks it will never change so that should be fine.

(Also, you can still collapse from losing too many cities to barbarians, but I suppose that's not too bad.)

That's alright indeed. I'm just interested to see how a game as, say, France turns out, when Carthage and Rome shouldn't have collapsed.

EDIT: Mhm, not a lot of fun; the older nations are too powerful. But that can be influenced by tinkering with the gamespeed.

Do this works in SVN?

In fact it only works in SVN. The stability code was entirely different in 1.11.

Indeed, which is exactly why I asked. :p

Top Bottom