Beastmaster

Nomad or What

Wayfarer
Supporter
Beastmaster unit with 9 custom animations; 2 skins, white and tawny. Source art from Atlantica Online. This is a very high polycount unit so is best intended as a hero or single unit graphic. Has sounds but no effects.

EDIT: Added Beastmaster without the mount. Uses CiV Longswordsman animations and effects:

EDIT 05/11/2015: Added teamcolor skins. Added longsword-wielding version and female sounds (unmounted only):

I like the costume too... where exactly did you convert this from, Nomad?

This is from Atlantica Online (AO), a free downloadable MMORPG. A lot of these units were converted to Civ3 by tom2050 and to Civ IV by SaibotLieh, including the Sea Dragon. All of their models are .nif's, some of which are usable and some which are not; Tom's Unit Factory has a nice units list that displays thumbnails of units that can be converted from various games, including AO. Unfortunately the Civ3 stuff is 2D and unusable, but SaibotLieh's Civ IV conversions are. I just prefer to get the source art instead. My Gandalf wizard and the tiger were also AO units.

Can I have the girl without the cat? (It's an innocent question, really. And I like cats.)

I'm not even sure if that is a difficult request, -- ignore it if so. I have beastmaster as a kind of GP in my long range plans, and I'm trying to keep all my GPs unmounted at least for their standard representation. (Though I might give her the ability to Call a Mount and transform her to unit above...)

What the how cool is that ?

Nomad every Model is better than the last. I love it so much!

If you're taking requests, actually I'd prefer a version of this unit with a different rider, looking more "tribal" (and not necessarily female), for my jungle-based civ. The current rider looks like a Valkyrie, that should ride a flying horse or something like that (such unit would be useful for me too), while for this beast I need someone similar to real life peoples living in the jungles of the world.

If you're taking requests, actually I'd prefer a version of this unit with a different rider, looking more "tribal" (and not necessarily female), for my jungle-based civ. The current rider looks like a Valkyrie, that should ride a flying horse or something like that (such unit would be useful for me too), while for this beast I need someone similar to real life peoples living in the jungles of the world.

This unit was done originally for three reasons:

1) Pazyryk needs hero units
2) I wanted to convert the tiger for animal unit requests
3) There aren't enough female units in the game

I am certainly open to requests, but it might be a while before I can get around to it. This unit's animations are a bit problematic and I want to eventually fix them before I create new units using the existing animations. I you have a dire need and an idea in mind which unit you want as the rider, please let me know and I may be able to get it done in due time. Thanks!

This unit was done originally for three reasons:

1) Pazyryk needs hero units
2) I wanted to convert the tiger for animal unit requests
3) There aren't enough female units in the game

I am certainly open to requests, but it might be a while before I can get around to it. This unit's animations are a bit problematic and I want to eventually fix them before I create new units using the existing animations. I you have a dire need and an idea in mind which unit you want as the rider, please let me know and I may be able to get it done in due time. Thanks!

I have no dire need, it's just a suggestion of something you can do in the future. Also I'm not familiar with Atlantica Online, so I can't suggest any specific unit.

I have no dire need, it's just a suggestion of something you can do in the future. Also I'm not familiar with Atlantica Online, so I can't suggest any specific unit.

It doesn't have to be an AO unit; I can use any humanoid unit, even existing CiV units.

I didn't know it's possible to "match" units from two different sources... Then it can be the Aztec Jaguar Warrior or anything that looks similar. But, as I wrote earlier, no dire need - my only dire need ATM is a skeleton archer, but still it's not very dire, as it will take me a few months to finish the first playable version of the mod anyway...

Top Bottom