ZNW - Symbolic Ideology Tenets

Zyxpsilon

Running Spider
Concept thread for...​
ZNW - Symbolic Ideology Tenets

Links to the Mod files are right here...

CFC = http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23075

STEAM = http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=292371552

I've always been completely baffled by this cheaply rendered screen PopUp by Firaxis for BNW. It feels incomplete and frankly doesn't fit well with the generally good UI and Art assets anywhere else. See below for a quick reminder:

But before i reveal anything further, i'd like to write a very important comment first and foremost.

* This project was defined and produced through a magic collaboration with two other incredibly helpful and kind persons - Nutty & WHoward!
Without their constant and solid work on fixing LUA issues, this Mod would never have seen the light of days to come.
Soooo -- Thanks a bazillion, guys. :D

Okay... what is below - well - that's the EASY part!

Q; Wouldn't you want screens like these instead?
A; Spoilers ahead!!

... FREEDOM !
Spoiler :
... AUTOCRACY !!
Spoiler :
... ORDER !!!
Spoiler :
That's it... ;)

Although i'd like to add one last and yet simple detail -- i insist -- THANK YOU soooooo much to Nutty & WHoward. :goodjob:

why do they look weird and washed out for me?

Strange but when (by WHoward's foresight) we coded this feature, an optional trick was added to alter the Opacity layers. I suspect this may have to do with people's UI or hybrid sessions (G&K, Vanilla, etc) on their PC.
I doubted we'd ever have to use this at the time... but you're proving me wrong.

Grab the zip file below and drop the included file into the XML folder of the MOD - replacing the other one. I've altered the needed fields from 240 to 110. Should be enough in your case.

If that doesn't work, it's something else which i have no clue about or how to fix. Sorry...

Attachments

• Opacity_Fix.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 206
Alright then... that should be easy to fix.
Try another!

But if this doesn't correct things enough for your taste - here's what you could do to fiddle with various other settings.

- Open the XML file below (probably in NotePad or a compatible text editor).

- Search and replace all of the following values == 90 with a lower number such as 75 or 50 or whatever else... BUT (this is important) don't use 88 or 124 (built-in reserved XY anchoring numbers for the images) while 0 (maximum dark) or 240+ (can't go beyond 255) would make things worst on your PC.

- Re-Save-As that new file with the UTF-8 format (Notepad normally defaults with ANSI which is *not* compatible with XML).

- Re-dump the file in the correct folder and see if you like what it does.

You're now possibly done with bad contrast ratios.

Attachments

• Opacity_Fix(90).zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 215
Top Bottom