Canada

srpt

Deist
well everyone else is doing it so I won't sit idly by while my home goes unrepresented.

my earlier argument for our inclusion here.

download available here. patch here.

pictures:

Spoiler :

none of those ideas are carved in stone, all input welcome.

Looks interesting!

What do the UU and UB do? Maybe the RCMP should replace the Jail instead, in any case?

Do tundra forests get +2 production?

(Will Celine Dion be a great artist?)

Maybe the UHV should include defensive pacts or friendly relations? I'd also throw in a railroad requirement into the first goal, like connecting an Atlantic port to a Pacific port.

I think I'm inclined to agree with Leoreth about the UHV suggestions.

That third UHV seems quite novel, but what city acquisition methods did you have in mind for it?

Good question, I have no idea how to complete that goal.

I am inclined to agree with Leoleth as well. The third UHV should reflect Canada's peaceful diplomacy and good reputation without requiring expanding territory, even if war isn't a requirement. I also can't wait to see Glenn Gould as a great artist. He should be 2nd or 3rd to spawn IMO.

Looks interesting!

What do the UU and UB do? Maybe the RCMP should replace the Jail instead, in any case?

Do tundra forests get +2 production?

(Will Celine Dion be a great artist?)

Maybe the UHV should include defensive pacts or friendly relations? I'd also throw in a railroad requirement into the first goal, like connecting an Atlantic port to a Pacific port.

for the UU I was thinking: cheaper, faster, starts with sentry; for the UB cheaper, + 1 happiness and yes maybe jail is a better slot.

I guess forest tundra could be +2 production, we'll see how it goes

Celine Dion will be a great artist, but the list will be continually extended so that she never appears.

on the topic of peace-making UHVs, I was going to ask you how hard you thought it might be to make a python trigger for when you successfully make another civ make peace with a 3rd civ?

and yes the railway would be a nice component for the 1st goal

I think I'm inclined to agree with Leoreth about the UHV suggestions.

That third UHV seems quite novel, but what city acquisition methods did you have in mind for it?

Good question, I have no idea how to complete that goal.

culture flipping and possibly congresses

Is it based on recent SVN version? or 1.11?

svn 752

and I think the 1st great artist should be Tommy Thomson, 2nd Hank Snow, 3rd Glenn Gould, 4th John Candy

for the UU I was thinking: cheaper, faster, starts with sentry; for the UB cheaper, + 1 happiness and yes maybe jail is a better slot.
Maybe +1 happiness with horses?

on the topic of peace-making UHVs, I was going to ask you how hard you thought it might be to make a python trigger for when you successfully make another civ make peace with a 3rd civ?
It's mostly a question of figuring out where to trigger the event, the code is pretty straightforward in my opinion. Will look it up.

Edit: should work for UN resolutions, for normal diplomacy unfortunately the ID of the player triggering the peace is not preserved while the event is passed around the code.

Something that gives extra food on tundra?

UHV: Be at war together with USA for at least X years. Or enter Defensive Pact for X years. Or the same attitude UHV that the scottish have to France in RFCE++.

Great artist: Justin Bieber

Gee, I wish I had even the slightest modding abilities. I just remembered the South African suggestion I posted a while ago. Maybe I'll have a look into the files and start creating it myself...

Gee, I wish I had even the slightest modding abilities. I just remembered the South African suggestion I posted a while ago. Maybe I'll have a look into the files and start creating it myself...

Let's do that some day in near future :D

Anyway, congress city flip method might be too late when considering Canadian late starting.

This looks great! :D

Would you like help with the Great People lists? If so, how many of each type do you figure you'll need?

Hmm... I have a feeling that this will be pretty hard (possibly next to impossible with the rather late start). Have you ever actually tried to culture flip a city before?

I guess the goal could be 1 city

Would you like help with the Great People lists? If so, how many of each type do you figure you'll need?

the more the merrier

should Tommy Douglas be a great prophet?

I am actually curious what the great prophet list would look like. Would philosophers count? I am not sure if politicians should count, but that's debatable.

should Tommy Douglas be a great prophet?

I am actually curious what the great prophet list would look like. Would philosophers count? I am not sure if politicians should count, but that's debatable.

Tommy Douglas and David Suzuki I'm considering for my list of Great Prophets, in the sense that they contributed in a large way in influencing the politics and basic values of so many Canadians. I don't know whether philosophers should count or not. I'm considering Richard Bucke because of his magnum opus work about consciousness (but perhaps he would work better for a Great Scientist?). This is what I've come up with so far for the Great Prophets, in chronological order.

Great Prophets:
St. Kateri Tekakwitha
St. Marguerite Bourgeoys
Jean de Brébeuf
André Bessette
Richard Maurice Bucke
John Taylor
Rúhíyyih Khanum
Aimee McPherson
Tommy Douglas
David Suzuki
Marc Ouellet
Zijad Delić

Also Artists :)

Great Artists:
François Baillairgé
Paul Kane
William Brymner
Robertson Davies
Emily Carr
A. Y. Jackson
Pierre Berton
Michael Snow
Norval Morriseau
Leonard Cohen
Neil Young
Joni Mitchell
Guity Novin
Jeff Wall

Great Engineers:
François Baillairgé
Sir John A. MacDonald
Sandford Fleming
David Ewart
Ernest Cormier
John M. Lyle
Frank Gehry
Moshe Safdie
Bing Wing Thom
Fariborz Sahba

Great Scientists:
Sir Frederick Banting
Sir Charles E. Saunders
Charles Best
Henry Woodward
Rudolph A. Marcus
David Suzuki

Great Spies:
Kitty Harris
George Vanier
Peggy Taylor
Gilles G. Brunet
Grant Borisow

Great Merchants:

I'm not sure which musicians to include, so I went with Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell as personal favourites with lots of influence. Most of this list I'm pretty unsure of (except Emily Carr) and I'm not sure that all couple of the Great Prophets are worthy. So please, suggest changes and additions to both!

David Suzuki fits better as a Great Scientist, in my opinion.

Perhaps Jean de Brébeuf would work as a Great Prophet? It seems you've already included some colonial-era saints there anyway.

By the way who's John Taylor? (Rather, which John Taylor are you referring to?)

Top Bottom