Historical colours

citis

Deity
I changed the colours of civs. I tried to give to every the colour of its flag of its golden activation period. For example Portugal is white and blue, because colonial portoguese colors where white and blue. I hope you like it. :D Comments are welcome.

The colours were edited in improved graphics mod. Note that color perception is slightly subjective, so if you see a color different than what I say in the list, tell me to fix it.

Unfortunately, the mod is incompatible. Incombatibilities belong to the past! The new update is removable and won't affect anything!

Complete list of features:

Spoiler :

The form is civ, primary colour, secondary.
civs that remained unchagned are underlined.

Europe:
Vikings, Black Dark Red, White
Spain, Gold, Red
France, Blue, Yellow
England, Red, Yellow
HRE/Austria, Yellow, Black
Russia, Dark red, Yellow
Netherlands, Oragne, Black
Rome/Italy, Blood red, Yellow
Portugal, White, Blue
Greece, Cyan, Black
Byzantium, Orange red, Yellow
Prussia, Black, White
Poland, Fuxia red, White

Africa:
Egypt, Yellow, Red
Moors, Vermillion, White
Ethiopia, Light green, red
Mali, Light brown, Black
Congo, Light grey, red

Middle east:
Babylon, Light Blue, Yellow
Persia/Iran, Yellow, Red
Phoenicia/Carthage, Purple, White
Arabia, Very Dark Green, White
Turkey, Dark Green, Yellow

Far east:
Mongolia, Brown Blue, White
Tibet, Pink, Red
China, Yellow, Blue
Khmer, Bordeaux, White
Korea, Dark Pink, White
Japan, Golden White, Red
Thailand, Light Purple, Red
Indonesia, Indonesian Red, White

India:
Harrapans, Yellow Pink, Brown
India, Oragne, Yellow
Mughals, Mughal Green, Yellow
Tamils, Brown, Yellow

Americas:
Inca/Peru, Dark red, white
USA, Dark blue, White
Argentina, Light blue, white
Aztecs/Mexico, Olive, White
Maya, Light blue, Blue
Colombia, Yellow, Blue
Brazil, Green, Blue
Canada, Red, white

Oceania:
Polynesia: Pink, Brown

Instalation:
*Extract the files to the Assets/Modules folder of the mod. It won't overright anything.

Deinstalation:
*Go to the Assets/Modules folder and delete the HistCol folder.

Download link

Looks like you forgot some civs : Prussia, Russia, Poland, and Babylon. How are they affected ?
(i will try it, looks interesting !)

Looks like you forgot some civs : Prussia, Russia, Poland, and Babylon. How are they affected ?
(i will try it, looks interesting !)

I added them in the list. Prussia, Poland and Babylon are unaffected. Russia is slightly more brown.

You should make this modular. (I mean modular XML loading) This way, they don't replace the regular XML files. So you can safely update the the SVN, without the possibility your changes will cause corruptions.

Yes, it really needs this, but how is it done?

The primary color is, as the name says, the primary (ergo, most important) color of a civ. The borders of each civ have the primary color of the respective civ. The name of the civ in the civlist is also colored in the primary colors of the civ. The major part of the flagdecal is also primary color.
Example: The primary color for the Dutch is (dark) orange. (in vanilla DoC)

The secondary color is the other color you see in the flagdecal. It is also the color in the citybar that shows the population of the city.
Example: The secondary color of the Dutch is black in vanilla DoC. (The lion on the flagdecal is black)

For some civilizations the secondary color is more prominent on the flag, most notably Persia.

Bad word choice properly, what I meant is that in these cases the secondary color is the background color while it usually is the primary color.

New update:
*Fixed Persian and Iranian flags.
*Prussia is black and white.
*HRE is reverted back to yellow black.
*Barbarian are now indepedent grey.
*Modified Persian/Iranian red and khmer blue.

And I think that this is the last update. Except possible error corrections.

*Fixed Persian and Iranian flags.

Did you just invert the primary and secondary color or did you make a change in the .dds file? If it is the first, the bordercolor will also be changed.

Did you just invert the primary and secondary color or did you make a change in the .dds file? If it is the first, the bordercolor will also be changed.

Don't worry, I always test what I'm doing.

Congo's White is too similar to Portugal's White. Situation is kinda confusing in the Southern Africa. Also, I think Khmer is better not Red since Indonesia is Red.
I propose Yellow, so there's Red-Yellow-Purplish Blue in the Southeast Asia. The following picture is Kingdom of Cambodia's flag before 1964.
It is unknown tho when the Kingdom began since it's still part of the dark age.

Congo's White is too similar to Portugal's White. Situation is kinda confusing in the Southern Africa. Also, I think Khmer is better not Red since Indonesia is Red.
I propose Yellow, so there's Red-Yellow-Purplish Blue in the Southeast Asia. The following picture is Kingdom of Cambodia's flag before 1964.
It is unknown tho when the Kingdom began since it's still part of the dark age.

Thanx for the feedback :D. The problem with Congo and Portugal is that both used white. Don't even count Japan. One solution is giving Congo a more pinkish color or giving Portugal light light blue. I will think what's better.

To be honest I like khmer's colour. I may revert Khmer back to their green and make yellow their secondary colour, because yellow is already given to China.

Top Bottom