Firaxicon announced! Firaxis Convention to be held on September 27-28

Camikaze

Administrator
Administrator

Firaxis has announced the first official Firaxicon, to take place at the Embassy Suites Baltimore in Hunt Valley, MD, on Saturday and Sunday, September 27-28, 2014.

The event details include:
  • Meet, greet and game with members of the Firaxis Games team!
  • Enjoy 'An Evening with Sid Meier' featuring an exclusive presentation by Sid
  • Play Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth almost a month before release!
  • Tour the Firaxis Games office, and meet their friendly Mechtoid
  • Enjoy hours of panels, presentations and more - all focused on Firaxis Games
  • Play boardgames against (and with!) Firaxis Games’ designers
  • Get unique Firaxicon swag, just for attending
  • Get access to Firaxis Games merchandise

Tickets cost $40 and covers all events (including dinner & drinks at the Firaxis Feast, and free swag), and can be bought via the event page, which also lists further event details.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 117,527
Seriously 40$, including a dinner and drinks. Meeting the team behind the theft of most of my hours. If I could get there in less then 4 hours I would definitely go there. It is dirt cheap and probably a great way to spend a day meting people with similar interests.

But it seems to be 12-13 hours if I get a good flight. Otherwise up to 24 hours with two changes. =(

Why don't they just bump it to $90 and you get Civ Beyond Earth as well. :)

Awesome. I had no idea Firaxis was in MD. I literally never get to attend these things...always seem to be in Las Vegas, CA, or FL. Looks like they include a shirt as well (they ask for your size during checkout). Can't wait to shake Sid's hand =)

We definately need star treks transporter tech and we need it now! I would love to go there, but a flight from europe...

I won't be able to attend, but it sounds like great fun.

For those arriving on Friday evening we will have an informal reception at the hotel; this is not an official event, but just a casual 'welcome'. Think of it as a chance to meet fellow fans and possibly the odd Firaxis staff member.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/firaxicon-official-firaxis-games-convention-tickets-12291102017

Why is the odd person being sent out to greet everyone? How does s/he feel about being officially labeled as "odd?"

I always complain about never being able to make it to a gaming "Con". So, I figured since I live in New Jersey, why not go to this one...SOLD OUT!! FML

-----

-----

PS: Have the IMG tags always needed to be capitalized?

PPS: Just 5 hours ago Firaxis (@CivGame) tweeted about the tickets almost being sold out. Man, missed it by 5 hours. Oh well.

Firaxis has announced the first official Firaxicon, to take place at the Embassy Suites Baltimore in Hunt Valley, MD, on Saturday and Sunday, September 27-28, 2014.

The event details include:
  • Meet, greet and game with members of the Firaxis Games team!
  • Enjoy 'An Evening with Sid Meier' featuring an exclusive presentation by Sid
  • Play Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth almost a month before release!
  • Tour the Firaxis Games office, and meet their friendly Mechtoid
  • Enjoy hours of panels, presentations and more - all focused on Firaxis Games
  • Play boardgames against (and with!) Firaxis Games’ designers
  • Get unique Firaxicon swag, just for attending
  • Get access to Firaxis Games merchandise

Tickets cost $40 and covers all events (including dinner & drinks at the Firaxis Feast, and free swag), and can be bought via the event page, which also lists further event details.

Gee, I haven't been checking CFC enough lately, apparently. Sounds like a fun time, might've actually worked out time and location wise, and the price is quite reasonable.

Oh well. Marked it on the calendar for next year; hopefully it being sold out is a sign that it will go well and happen again.

Wow.. what an event.. Imagine gaming with other civilization greats... It's too bad I live in a faraway land.

Does anyone know how many tickets they've sold? I was curious how many people will actually be at Firaxicon.

Posters in the BE forum have estimated that there will likely be at least 300 people in attendance.

300? I wonder if that's a direct Marketing tie-in for the XCOM tournament: "This is Spar - er, I mean This is the Firaxicon XCOM Death Tournament!" :lol:

And Firaxis is definitely splurging for this event - their picking up the tab for lunch, dinner, as well as the promise of schwag! :goodjob:

D

300? I wonder if that's a direct Marketing tie-in for the XCOM tournament: "This is Spar - er, I mean This is the Firaxicon XCOM Death Tournament!" :lol:

And Firaxis is definitely splurging for this event - their picking up the tab for lunch, dinner, as well as the promise of schwag! :goodjob:

D

I asked how many tickets they sold...said it was "under 200". I think every single firaxis employee plus some 2k employees were there as well. Crazy fun night. The only real downsides were the panels were all 100% scripted for live streaming (no audience participation) and there was very little talk about any games other than the Civ and XCOM lines (There was some nostalgic talk about 80's games during Sid's dinner speech but that was it). Oh, and the computers pooped out under the power strain during my morning demo...not too bad though.

I asked how many tickets they sold...said it was "under 200". I think every single firaxis employee plus some 2k employees were there as well. Crazy fun night. The only real downsides were the panels were all 100% scripted for live streaming (no audience participation) and there was very little talk about any games other than the Civ and XCOM lines (There was some nostalgic talk about 80's games during Sid's dinner speech but that was it). Oh, and the computers pooped out under the power strain during my morning demo...not too bad though.

I had a great time. I think the "after-panel" bits were the best part; most of the presenters were happy to stand around and chat with the audience about the topics they discussed during their panels. This worked out pretty nicely, since there was a lot of flex time scheduled between each presentation.

It was also really nice that all of the PCs had all of Firaxis' games available for play during the "open gaming" session after the events were over. I managed to get a solid 250 turns of Beyond Earth in during the wee hours of the night!

Top Bottom