Pagan buildings and Holy Relics

killmeplease

Mk Z on Steam
Pagan buildings are bought with faith, you dont need any special beliefs to buy them, only the presence of pantheon is needed. pagan buildings in a city are destroyed when some religion becomes a majority there.

Menhir -- requires Liberty
cost 50 faith
+2 production
-50% land cost
Sphinx -- requires Aesthetics
cost 100 faith
+2 tourism
+25% culture
Columbary -- requires Honor
cost 100 faith
+2 happiness
+25% great people points
Ziggurat -- requires Piety
cost 150 faith
+25% growth
scientist slot

so you dont pursue religion but get early game advantages
buying inquisitors should be also allowed in cities with pantheon - this way it will be possible to defend your pantheon for some time, but, sooner or later politheism will fall (because of game mechanics, pantheons are very vulnerable to religion spread)
i also think about some kind of polytheist missionary - soothsayer, which would influence city states like great merchant but produce no gold, spreading your pantheon.
maybe buying soothsayers and pagan inquisitors should be unlocked with Tradition as it doesnt have its special building

Holy Relics
holy relics are like wonders (only 1 in the world is allowed) but cant be built, they are purchased with faith
Ark of Covenant -- not a building but a civilian unit
cost 500 faith
excerts 100 pressure per turn on a city where it is stationed, prevents rival missionaries to spread their religion, like an inquisitor
+50% to nearby units strength (1 hex radius) while in own territory
Kaaba
cost 1000 faith
+100% faith in this city
captured cities receive 2000 pressure of your religion

i really like this.
here's one of each:

Pagan Temple
Hof -- requires patronage
cost 200 faith
gold gifts to city-states cost half the normal amount

Holy Relic
Dead Sea Scrolls
cost 600 faith
+5 faith in this city
can be considered an artifact or great work of writing for the purposes of filling slots
compatible with all theming bonuses

i really like this.
here's one of each:

Pagan Temple
Hof -- requires patronage
cost 200 faith
gold gifts to city-states cost half the normal amount

Holy Relic
Dead Sea Scrolls
cost 1000 faith
+5 faith in this city
can be considered an artifact or great work of writing for the purposes of filling slots
compatible with all theming bonuses

200 faith is problemmatic as its a spawn point for the Great Prophet.
the Hof may work like Hanse, giving the city something, e.g. faith or gold, or both, for city states following you pantheon (spread with soothsayers) on per turn basis.. this faith/gold in turn could be used to increase the player's influence with CSs.
my version:
cost 150 faith
+2 faith
+15% gold in this city per each CS following your pantheon

holy artifact is interesting but +5 for 1000 tradeoff is imho quite unfavourable..

another idea:
Ballcourt -- requires Honor (Columbary moved to Tradition)
cost 50 faith
+2 culture
+20 experience to units trained in this city

Attachments

• Mayan-games-Mesoamerican-Ballgame.jpg
    Mayan-games-Mesoamerican-Ballgame.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 52
yeah, i'm not too good on costs for things.
i originally had the hof at 150 and giving extra units from militaristic city states, but figured that was too situational
and i had the dead sea scrolls at 600 faith, but wasn't sure if that was too low remember that the faith isn't the main draw of this one.

Top Bottom