NEW UNIT: Orc Warrior

embryodead

Caliph

Attachments

• orc_prev.gif
    orc_prev.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 3,086
mrtn, he has a shiny chainmail. it is more visible in other directions, where shadow does not hide it.
kal-el, as i said before, just changing the flesh tone isnt worth it. i will be doing some non-fantasy units soon, starting from english pikeman/spearman (unless vdog comes back..) and crossbowman, maybe polynesian warrior too.

i said i won't remake the unit just for the flesh tone. you can always try palette conversions if u want. as for the mongol, post a request with pictures at main c&c forums so i might look at it.

Originally posted by embryodead
mrtn, he has a shiny chainmail. it is more visible in other directions, where shadow does not hide it.
kal-el, as i said before, just changing the flesh tone isnt worth it. i will be doing some non-fantasy units soon, starting from english pikeman/spearman (unless vdog comes back..) and crossbowman, maybe polynesian warrior too.
Yeah, I saw it in FLICster. I didn't realise it was chainmail though. :)
And who ever said a spearman isn't a fantasy unit? I think the english spearman model would look good with a crossbow.

mrtn, i know, i want to make english spearman/pikeman to resemble tilean pikeman in my warhammer mod, same for the crossbowman (yes, i want to use the same model) which will be tilean marksman... the reason i called it non-fantasy is just the origin.

too bad the chainmail doesnt look like chainmail :( don't know how to make one better, i just used studded leather armor with chainmail texture added.

Originally posted by embryodead
mrtn, i know, i want to make english spearman/pikeman to resemble tilean pikeman in my warhammer mod, same for the crossbowman (yes, i want to use the same model) which will be tilean marksman... the reason i called it non-fantasy is just the origin.

too bad the chainmail doesnt look like chainmail :( don't know how to make one better, i just used studded leather armor with chainmail texture added.
You'll use the same model? Good! :D
The thing with chainmail is that you must use a coif, I think it's called, padded protective clothing which you wear under the chainmail. Another thing with chainmail is that it rusts. To prevent this you lower the whole chainmail thing into a oil bath. This Conan-style chainmail vest looks good (especially with some fur edging. Ta ta.;) ), but it isn't very practical.
So, what do I want then? A chainmail shirt which at least goes down to the elbows. (That orcs shoulders is really vulnerable.) In much darker tones. Less shiny, more rust colours and greys. And it should also be bigger, showing how much stuff there are hiding under the chainmail.
That's todays lecture, now I'll just go inte that corner and shut up. :)

Heck, that orc is lucky he has any armor at all! :) And a coif?!? Do you want the other orcs making fun of him for being a sissy girl? Real Orcs wear chain mail underwear and like it! Coif ... hah ... Waaarggh!

cool, though i think he could "bulk up" though- he looks awfley scrany for an orc...

Originally posted by Xen
though- he looks awfley scrany for an orc...

I guess that's because of all the running he's doing at the top of the thread.

Looks great embryodead.

Top Bottom