kingchris20's Sponsors

kingchris20

Wisdom Seeker
Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
USAF Stargate Command:
Spoiler :

Leader: General George Hammond
Version 4. Still much to do. Adds USAF Stargate Command!

TRAIT

Galactic Explorers: Grants an SG-1 Unit. A unique Explorer unit as strong as a Marine with +1 Sight.

Version 4 Changes

Update: November 2, 2014
  • New Trait! (Galactic Explorers: see above)
  • New Colonist Option: Asgard Advisor -- +1 Culture and +1 Science in every City.
  • New Spacecraft Option: Terran Orbital Defense Network -- Grants 1 AG-3 Weapons System and allows first city to build them.
  • Updated Cargo Option: M.A.L.P. -- +2 Orbital Coverage Range from Orbital Units in your first city.
  • New Unit: AG-3 Weapons System -- Orbital defense satellite buildable from the start of the game. 20 Range Strength and 20 turn Orbit Duration. (May only build if Terran Orbital Defense Network is chosen as your Spacecraft Option).
  • New Unit from Trait: SG-1 -- Unique Explorer. 10 Combat Strength and +1 additional visibility range. (Build SG-1 units instead of Explorers).

Version 3 Changes

Update: October 29, 2014
Player text color changed to WHITE for better visibility.
New Cargo Option: M.A.L.P. -- All units are given +1 Visibility

Version 2 Changes

Update: October 28, 2014
Lighter shade of Blue used for icon color.
Trait nerfed from +5 Science down to +2 Science.

Download USAF Stargate Command from Steam Workshop
Download USAF Stargate Command from CivFanatics

Abstergo Industries: Pirate Division:
Spoiler :

Leader: Blackbeard (Animus-enabled of course ;))
Trait: Pirate Utopia - (Triple Energy from Plundering and Covert Operations cause 25% more Intrigue)

Version 2. Still much to do. Adds Abstergo Industries: Pirate Division!

TRAIT

Pirate Utopia: Triple Energy from Plundering and Covert Operations cause 25% more Intrigue.

Version 2 Changes

Update: November 2, 2014
  • New Colonist Option: Swashbuckler - +3 Energy and +1 Production in every City.
  • New Spacecraft Option: Crow's Nest - Grants all units +1 sight.
  • New Cargo Option: Blackbeard's Treasure - +1 [ICON_ENERGY] Energy on all Water Tiles in your first city.

Download Abstergo Industries: Pirate Division from Steam Workshop
Download Abstergo Industries: Pirate Division from CivFanatics

Note: Fully functional sponsors, but early builds with still much to do in the Civilopedia and adding additional features.

Updated both Sponsors today!

One stupid question, where to unpack your mod ?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meiers Civilization Beyond Earth\????
I know in CIV 4, all mods i will unpack in Mods folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Unpack it to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/MODS

Version 5 update!

Backstory added in Version 5! Check the spoiler section (or inside the game in the civilopedia) to find out what kind of beef the SGC has with ARC!

Version 5 Changes

Update: November 11, 2014
  • Completed Civilopedia entries with backstory on how and why Stargate had to participate in the Seeding Program!
  • Fixed other text bugs.

Hoping to start adding new Technologies, Wonders, and Sponsors from the Stargate Universe over the next few updates!

Spoiler :

SGC’s Civilopedia Page

History of the Stargate Program
The Stargate Program is a secret United States Air Force program that runs and coordinates the use of the Stargate in the United States of America. The Stargate Program is run by Stargate Command located in Cheyenne Mountain. The program has primarily involved many World leaders and has largely remained under the command of the International Oversight Advisory and Homeworld Security under the President of the United States. The program is also involved with operations in the Pegasus Galaxy at Atlantis, Destiny, and the Seeding Program on the Betaworld.

The primary intent of the Stargate program is exploration to procure knowledge and advanced technologies that could benefit the protection of the Homeworld, the Betaworld, and their inhabitants. For the past 600 years of operations, the program has procured a wealth of knowledge and technology that can properly defend its interests from any threat of danger that the Goa’uld, Lucian Alliance, or Wraith could pose in the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies.

The Emergence of ARC
After Ba’al’s last clone was killed, the Goa’uld Empire had officially fallen. However, Ba’al’s second in command, Athena, has continued to escape the SGC for the past 600 years. SGC believes Athena has maintained command of the Trust falling in line to pick up where Ba’al left off. It is believed that Athena has played an integral part in the ‘Great Mistake’ to further her agenda, and has infiltrated a large company in the United States known as the American Reclamation Corporation.

The most likely scenario is that Athena has jumped from host to host as she ensured that Earth’s largest landmass would suffer a great deal of damage from nuclear fallout and the rest of the world would be crippled by the effects of rising sea levels and climate change. Athena then found a new host in Suzanne Fielding. ARC has grown quickly since Suzanne Fielding came onto the scene and has managed to subvert the US Government in the process and gained a strong foothold and power position in the global markets. With ARC’s power and immense resources, Athena is able to ‘direct’ the business of most participants in the Seeding Program, and has funded technologies that allowed other participants to build necessary spacecrafts to reach the new world.

ARC Politics and the Stargate Program
After ARC gained power over the US Government and with Athena’s knowledge of the Stargate program, Athena issued an ultimatum that the Stargate program be shut down for good as it put too much strain on the already weakened economy with the vast amount of resources SGC required to continue operations, otherwise the entire world’s populace would find out about the Stargate Program. ARC and the US Government reached a compromise by allowing Homeworld Command to continue operations in defending Earth and communications with the Atlantis Expedition and Destiny, but the SGC would be shut down for good.

SGC had planned for a situation such as this and had already devised a faux self-destruct contingency to bury the entrance to Cheyenne Mountain with over-the-top explosions to make it as believable as possible. Not only would this allow SGC to remain hidden from ARC, but also the rest of the world leaders, many of whom had developed varying interests and visions for the future of the Stargate Program.

The SGC research team used Asgard shielding to encompass the SGC as it was buried under Cheyenne Mountain to maintain its integrity and prevent Athena from detecting the naquadah of the Stargate. SGC continued to work under the nose of ARC, in above-top-secret status, with the President of the United States and the Commander of Homeworld Command to ensure valuable and strategic agendas were followed for the final planet selection for the Seeding Program; primarily to ensure there would be no Stargate on the Seeding Program’s planet. With the President’s ear, Congress was also convinced to reject ARC’s request that it represent the United States Government in space colonization.

SGC’s Entrance to the Seeding Program
Believing this to be Athena’s ultimate plan to leave Earth ‘undetected’ and begin a new regime on a new planet, SGC determined it must also participate in the Seeding Program without ARC’s knowledge. SGC decided to send its expedition through the Stargate to the Beta Site, where it could launch a Daedalus-class ship, without the rest of the world knowing, to the new planet to continue to monitor Athena’s actions.

SGC should arrive to the planet before any other expeditions from Earth; the plan being to establish Stargate Command ahead of ARC and ensure that any detrimental threats are taken care of before any other sponsors arrive. Once ARC arrives, Athena will most assuredly not be pleased with the continued existence of the SGC, but with no Stargate and no return spacecraft, she will continue to be trapped under SGC’s surveillance.

As SGC continues to research the Asgard Computer Core, and the Atlantis Expedition continues to research the Ancient’s database in Atlantis, SGC hopes to build a Stargate in the Betaworld’s Stargate Command outpost to improve communications with the Homeworld and improve travel time to the Betaworld. SGC is also continually mindful of protecting Earth citizens no matter what world they live on, especially from the Lucian Alliance, other Goa’ulds aspiring to re-build the System Lords power, the Wraith, and any unmet foes who only desire to wreak havoc throughout the galaxies.

Hammond’s Civilopedia Page

Leading Stargate Command from Inception
Major General George S. Hammond was the head of the United States Air Force’s Stargate Command. He had been an Air Force officer since the mid-1960’s, and shutting down the Stargate Program was supposed to be his last assignment before retirement. When Apophis and several Serpent Guards came through the Stargate and killed four Air Force personnel and kidnapped Senior Airman Carol Weterings, shutting down the Stargate Program was no longer an option and General Hammond’s new mission had just begun.

General Hammond summoned Colonel Jack O’Neill out of retirement to question him about the accuracy of his Abydos report and learned that Dr. Daniel Jackson was still alive and living on Abydos. Hammond authorized a team lead by O’Neill to return to Abydos and installed the Iris on Earth’s Stargate. Once the team returned, Hammond learned that the Stargate was just one of a vast network of Stargates throughout the galaxy, and the Stargate Program was officially born.

Legacy
Over the course of his military career, George Hammond has received a number of awards and decorations for his service in the United States Air Force. A highly decorate Lieutenant General, George Hammond is responsible for installing the Iris on Earth’s Stargate, which has proven to be an extremely important defense measure as Earth had no spacecraft capable of defending Earth in the early eras of Stargate Command. George Hammond is also responsible for the continuation of the Stargate Program, which has led to many powerful intergalactic alliances and technologies to defend and advance Earth in the intergalactic community. George Hammond also ensured that Earth remained ethical in all ventures and was the moral compass for SGC. These qualities, attributes, and accomplishments were key in his selection for the Cryostasis initiative.

Cryostasis Initiative
In 2008, it was determined that someone from the Original Stargate Program should be saved in a Cryostasis Chamber any potential future Mass Extinction Event, a clear leader would be needed with vast information on the inception of the Stargate Program. Several names were considered by the selection committee, including Jack O’Neill, Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, George Hammond, Henry Landry, Cameron Mitchell, and John Sheppard. After considerable thought and discussions between Homeworld and Stargate Command, the US President, the International Oversight Advisory, the Atlantis Expedition, and Mr. Hammond himself, the committee overwhelmingly selected retired General George S. Hammond.

Only the commander of each involved agency knew of this selection; Carl Strom (IOA), Jack O’Neill (Homeworld Command), Richard Woolsey (Atlantis Expedition), Henry Landry (Stargate Command), and Henry Hayes (President). Hammond agreed to the selection and it was decided that Hammond would be placed in a Cryostasis Chamber until such time that a Mass Extinction Event could threaten Earth and its population. The rest of the world would be told that George Hammond had died.

Leading Stargate Command on Betaworld
SGC learned that Athena had been working tirelessly to create turmoil on Earth by creating division throughout the world for the past 6 centuries. Athena was able to stay on Earth after Ba’al’s death and stay out of SGC’s sights. Athena’s plans ultimately culminated with the Great Mistake, leaving much of Asia inundated with nuclear fallout and most of the world flooded. SGC then deduced that Athena had taken Suzanne Fielding as her current host after ARC rose to power and subverted the US Government causing the closure of the Stargate Program and activation of the faux self-destruct contingency at Stargate Command.

This prompted SGC to release General Hammond from Cryostasis and immediately brief him on their plans of the Seeding, as a Goa’uld had essentially taken over the Earth and planned to build a new regime with human subjects from Earth on a new planet, while leaving Earth to die. Hammond had plenty of knowledge about Athena whereas the current SGC knew next to nothing of her, making him the perfect leader for Betaworld’s Stargate Command to thwart her and ARC’s unknown plans for the new planet.

Introduction Quotes

Introduction Quote 1
<< USAF Stargate Command Center >>
<< Personal Log, Hammond >>

SGC.1453.11

Operation Population Relocation: Mission Objective: Commence Betaworld Initiative. Relocate selected citizens of the United States with knowledge of the Stargate Program through the Stargate to the Beta Site. From there we can launch safely to the Betaworld without making ARC aware of the Stargate Program's continued existence.

Introduction Quote 2

SGC.1843.45

Operation Population Relocation: Mission Objective 1. Found Stargate Command on the Betaworld. Deploy SG Teams to explore the terrain, identify and eliminate potential threats, and search for other Tau'ri who are expected to colonize the Betaworld through the Seeding Program.

Introduction Quote 3

SGC.2248.23

Operation Population Relocation: Mission Objective 2: As the population grows on the Betaworld, found Betaworld Command to oversee the defense of Betaworld. Using a phonetic naming structure, expand with as many outposts as needed starting with the Alpha outpost.

Introduction Quote 4

SGC.4465.15

Operation Population Relocation: Mission Objective 3: Search out the planet for useful and valuable resources. Using natural resources to further expand our production abilities will be key to thriving on this new planet. Our intel suggests that no enemies are currently aware of the Betaworld, which is why we insisted that a planet with no Stargate was selected for the Seeding Program.

Introduction Quote 5

SGC.2045.58

Operation Population Relocation: Mission Objective 4: Our hologram Asgard Advisor will be pertinent to further research of the Asgard Computer Core. Focusing on the development of new technologies is a primary objective for the long-term and essential to our future success.

Introduction Quote 6

SGC.3315.82

Operation Population Relocation: Mission Objective Ongoing: As the Betaworld has no Stargate, the Asgard Computer Core and the Ancient Database in Atlantis may contain key information to the development of a working Stargate and possibly a Touchstone Device for Earth. Until then, Betaworld should remain relatively off-grid from our enemies and from ARC back on the Homeworld.

Yeah! Finally, stargate mod!

If you don't mind, can I ask you how you formatted your .dds Artwork? Did you use Photoshop or Gimp? I ask because I tried to create my own spash page when starting my Sponsor Mod but I keep getting a popup error. Texture Load Error "Unable to load texture [ART/AF_Custom_DOM.dds]

I started with a 1920x1080 .jpg, when I open up your Splash page for your Stargate Mod it says its the same size. I was just wondering what Im doing different, maybe someone could point me to a guide or tutorial on exporting the dds files.

roadmaster

So I personally use gimp. what it sounds like is that you're failing to import your file to the game's Virtual File System (VTF). If you're using modbuddy, you can right click files and click on properties. You'll see something like "Import to VTF". You want to set this to "true" for image files for sure. It can get a bit more nuanced for other kinds of files.

Ahh thanks, I had done that with some building Icons I had turned into an atlas but didn't realize I had to do it for a splash image too, thought it was just for icons. Thanks for the heads up... :) that fixed it.

Am I doing something wrong or is Stargate bugged?

Right as I settle first city, I can move SG team, BUT AG-3 satellite keeps me from getting to turn 2, as it cannot be used/moved/deleted or anything else, BUT is keeps up the "A unit needs orders" button instead of next turn... since I can't find a way around it, I'll probably have to start a game with different spacecraft..

edit: nvm, that's a global issue with mods. Deactivated and reactivated mods and now it's working now. For some reason units and even cities lose all sight radius during computer turn, which is really annoying on the eyes. Since I'm new to BE I don't know if that's normal or not, but I don't think it was doing this in a vanilla game I've played before installing mods. Oh well.

edit2: after some experimenting with XMLs, I'm now having fun with my new SG team - that overrides Marine instead of Explorer. Takes best of both. Has +2 strength, ignores terrain penalties, has +1 sight and can dig artifacts. To balance that a bit, I've increased their cost by 50%.
So far they look great (the bonus to number of digs apply to them as well), the only thing that remains to test is if they are upgradable, rather, if they don't lose their properties after upgrading.. but whatever, still it's a huge early game boost.
I didn't really like the idea of SG team replacing Explorer, because even if they have 10 strength, explorer type of unit CANNOT simply get ANY promotions for XP (as even touching the promotions xml in BE messes up whole UI), making their improved strength rather meaningless.

edit3: oh well, upgrading doesn't seem to work - simply adding new rows to UnitUpgrades does nothing, probably needs some lua magic as well to do the trick, which is far beyond my capabilities..

Top Bottom