First multiplayer-compatible mod released

Gort

Emperor
The first multiplayer and achievement-compatible mod has been released - basically you just have to copy a folder into your assets/DLC folder and you're golden. I've started bugging the guy on how he did it.

The mod includes some real no-brainer improvements, like cities actually telling you what they just produced and a red outline for miasma tiles. The changelog is below:

Changes:
- A 'repeat previous route' button has been added to trade conveys (hotkey 'R')
- A major overhaul of the unit flag/icon positioning that should fix a lot of potential confusion and small issues. Most notably: orbital and civilian flags no longer overlap over unit flags; and aircraft flags are now always visible
- A fairly significant overhaul of the city worker system. The gist of it is: You can now click on the ground itself to move workers, and that hexes without workers don't have an icon. This should make the screen cleaner and a little easier to parse
- A large change to the production queuing system that now allows you to queue items when there is an ongoing development project. New items will be inserted into the queue above the ongoing development item, and new ongoing projects will replace old ones.
- Decrease the size and spacing of the buildings in the city view to make it easier to read and reduce the needless amount of empty space Image
- (With 'display yields for civilian units' option on) orbital units will now show yield icons (useful when launching yield-based satellites)
- Can now delete/cancel current production items if there are queued items
- Notification of what was finished when prompted to build a new thing
- Orbital units will now appear dimmed or faded if they are sleeping and the surface view is on. Additionaly, surface units will be faded while in orbital view

Minor Changes:
- Active trade convey icon flags appear dimmed
- Zooms out significantly less when viewing larger cities
- Moved the 'number of turns till production complete' number on city banners to make the icon itself more visible
- Changed the faction colors for Pan, ARC, and Franco to make them easier on the eyes
- Tweaked the culture border numbers a little to make them less obtrusive (might need a little work, suggestions?)
- Fixed minor bug where culture yield values of 5 were incorrectly displayed as 9

New for version 2:

- Continued revamp of the city worker management system. Removed almost all icons to remove clutter. This can be turned off entirely by clicking the "simple view" checkbox at the top left of the city view.
- Added a number of additional sort options to the trade route list. Special thanks goes to Cairdazar for this.
- Added a map option that highlights all tiles that contain miasma that are outside of the fog of war. The miasma inside fog of war shouldn't need this (as it glows). This feature is defaulted to ON everytime you start or load a game.
- You can now mouse over the minimap on the top right to enlarge it for a better view. Sorry it looks so bad, but I have no control over its quality. All I can do is stretch the image.
- You can now set 'fast turns' for each player on an individual basis, and you can even do this for aliens. This is done from the diplomacy / relationships tab, by clicking the checkbox next to the civ you want to enable fast turns for. Fast turns simply turn on quick combat and quick movement when it reaches that player's turn.

May his name be praised for all eternity. There is hope of using other mods in multi then;]

Hope we will be able to make MOD's useable for MP too...
:)

Hope we will be able to make MOD's useable for MP too...
:)

As my brother (Gwydion62 :) and I have now tested the mod could be EDITED and still working in MP

We have included some changes (limited World Wonders per City 2, only 1 Trade route, stronger Aliens more HP, and so on )

Will start now a MP together with this MOD and our editing !

THANK YOU for the TIP

As my brother (Gwydion62 :) and I have now tested the mod could be EDITED and still working in MP

We have included some changes (limited World Wonders per City 2, only 1 Trade route, stronger Aliens more HP, and so on )

Will start now a MP together with this MOD and our editing !

THANK YOU for the TIP

Does this mean other mods can also be used online or does it only work if you change some of the files and what not in this mod?

It can be used online by copying the folder "Core" into the DLC folder... ;-)

Well all I got from looking at the mod from my very limited modding experience, aka none, is that in order for a mod to work online it has to have a CIVBEPKG file. Though when I look at the files, I can't see a easy pattern to follow.

This mod works online, but this is not the one I want to work online. lol

You can make other mods work by modifying the Exoplanets DLC to tell it to load their code. I have a multiplayer-capable modpack with the weaker trade, empowered wonders and enhanced UI mods working in it. You can also get singleplayer achievements with it.

You can make other mods work by modifying the Exoplanets DLC to tell it to load their code. I have a multiplayer-capable modpack with the weaker trade, empowered wonders and enhanced UI mods working in it. You can also get singleplayer achievements with it.

And how could that be done? Anything I tried does not seem to work.

1. Stick the XML files from the mod inside Civilization Beyond Earth/assets/DLC/DLC_SP_Maps

2. Open the DLC_SP_Maps.civbepkg file with notepad and add some lines below the <GameData>CivBEMaps_DLC_SP_Maps.xml</GameData> line. The lines should be tagged with the table the files are modifying, so in my mod you add these lines:

<GameData>Flavors.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Perks.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Text.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Wonders.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Buildings.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Trade_Defines.xml</GameData>

3. Save it and that's it. Load the game without any mods and you'll be playing the modded version automatically. Any multiplayer opponents need the pack too.

My MP modpack with weaker trade, empowered wonders and the enhanced UI is here if you want an example of it working.

1. Stick the XML files from the mod inside Civilization Beyond Earth/assets/DLC/DLC_SP_Maps

2. Open the DLC_SP_Maps.civbepkg file with notepad and add some lines below the <GameData>CivBEMaps_DLC_SP_Maps.xml</GameData> line. The lines should be tagged with the table the files are modifying, so in my mod you add these lines:

<GameData>Flavors.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Perks.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Text.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Wonders.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Buildings.xml</GameData>
<GameData>Trade_Defines.xml</GameData>

3. Save it and that's it. Load the game without any mods and you'll be playing the modded version automatically. Any multiplayer opponents need the pack too.

My MP modpack with weaker trade, empowered wonders and the enhanced UI is here if you want an example of it working.

Oh thanks! Ill try this out when I get the time.

I confirm. It works. Many thanks. By accident I put whole folder with colorful techweb mod into DLC_SP_Maps and it works too....I tried to do same with BeBa but no success. No idea why Colorful TechWeb work and BeBa doesn't. Can someone answer me this?:D

thank you, can i get a list of improved stuff you did?? if is not much of a problem

So, is this impossible if you didn't pre-order the game? I just looked, and I have no assets/DLC folder with files to modify. Do you have any idea how to create a DLC folder from scratch?

So, is this impossible if you didn't pre-order the game? I just looked, and I have no assets/DLC folder with files to modify. Do you have any idea how to create a DLC folder from scratch?

The dude who did the improved UI mod has instructions that allow you to run his mod without having a DLC folder, maybe start your investigation there. Seems a bunch of Germans worked out the basics.

thank you, can i get a list of improved stuff you did?? if is not much of a problem

Look up the improved UI mod, empowered wonders mod and weaker trade mods, those are the ones included in my pack.

Great job done!
It works for XML files proper :D

But how to transfer lua files? Example is the clock...
I added the xml into the gamedata list and put the lua file into the map order and the xml into the DLC_SP_Maps
No watch so far ;)

Any idea how to make aliens attack cities?

Great job done!
It works for XML files proper :D

But how to transfer lua files? Example is the clock...
I added the xml into the gamedata list and put the lua file into the map order and the xml into the DLC_SP_Maps
No watch so far ;)

Any idea how to make aliens attack cities?

Mods with .lua files have been giving me trouble as well. Did you have any luck in the end?

Top Bottom