TSG99 Results and Congratulations

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
A list of the submissions for this game is assembled here. The list is compiled by date and also by score.

TSG99 was the Polish Emperor Science VC game..

First place :trophy: goes to Acken with a 1615 AD (t233) Science victory. :goodjob:

Second place :trophy2nd: goes to vindy with a 1765 AD (t263) Science victory while :trophy3rd: goes to Halfdan Helgrim with a 1770 AD (t264) Science win. :high5:

There were 201 downloads with 31 entries for this game. :goodjob:

Congratulations to the trophy winners and :thanx: to all who played this game and participated in the discussions. :clap:

Gave this one a shot after reading tommynt poland hybrid strategy. Thought i did pretty well, ended up turn 307 SV which would have been around 7th on the fastest speed. Acken you are amazing, as usual. I noticed you did not build GL and instead went for rapid expansion and temple of artemis. I tend to rely on the GL and I might rethink that strategy. In this game I went for GL straight to NC with one city, and then expanded afterwards, which I think was also a mistake. NC is great, but it can wait 20 turns for early expansion, which in the end will net much more science... a general calc would be 1 more science per turn per city for its existence, which in this case would have been around 280 science x 3 cities (if I expanded to 4) which is 810 (not to mention the earlier unis, etc... way more than 20 turns of an early NC. I think this point is proven if you look at Acken's time (or tommynt's on his Poland strategy).
I will ignore the GL for my next few games (gotm116), and I might try gotm 70 (poland mystery map).
Anyway, sorry for rebirthing this thread, but what a spectacular game..

Top Bottom