Recruit Legionaries

Vexillarius (Possible Medical/Support)
Frumentarii (Spy/DOps)
Legionary Assassin (DOps)
Speculatores (DOps/Scout/Explorer)
Explorer Legionary
Legionary Scout
Blacksmith (Support/Heavy Melee)

Perhaps some kind of Auto Raze City Feature, or perhaps an auto spawn of slaves upon city capture.
Slaves can be turned into soldiers a bit like the Master's Army and Super Mutants. Perhaps the only way to get the 'best' Legion Soldiers.
Crucifix Public Order Building
Plenty of other 'Roman' Concepts to draw on for unique buildings and civics.
Possibility of improved trade or safety/culture.​

The Legion is based off an Ancient Roman Legion. Caesar openly admits that he had based his legion off of Ancient Rome since he felt that it was a society that could survive and thrive in a post nuclear world.

The Legion was organized with Caesar at the top, then the Legate, then the Centurions, then it becomes a bit blurred.

Caesar's Legion doesn't like old world technology because they are trying to build society a new and relying on scavenging isn't very sustainable. However they will freely use any and all military technology or anything that can be used in that regard. Except for Robots, who Caesar feels will make his legion lazy and weak.

The Legion is Anti-Drug. The use/sale of Chems, Alchohol, Medicine, or anything related is illegal in the legion. Alternatively the Legion uses healing powders which can evidently be made from common plants. If someone were to break one of the Legions laws then they would be latched to a cross where they would die a slow death. Crucifixion is one of the most common forms of punishment in the legion.

The Legion had a fairly interesting way of expanding. When they conquer a region they enslave all of the inhabitants there. Killing anyone who is too old or weak. Making anyone who is of fighting age apart of the legion and making any of the women slaves. Which I presume is one of the main reasons that a lot of people don't like the Legion. While the entire Legion is technically a slave to Caesar, Women are the only ones are actually called slaves.

The Legion has a fairly advanced network of spies called the frumentarii. They were responsible for pretty much doing what spies do infiltrating the enemy, causing trouble, and always making sure the legion's intel was one step ahead. Next to the nightkin they are by far the best spies in fallout. Not the mention the only ones I've ever heard about.

That has some good stuff in it, cheers clanky, I will start adding that to the ideas I had floating around in my head.

Who are the Nightkin? Who do they relate to? A higher order of legion spy or a completely different group/faction?

In F2 The NCR infiltrated a 'spy' into Vault City, he was part spy part activist calling out for the end of 'servitude' in Vault City.

Who are the Nightkin? Who do they relate to? A higher order of legion spy or a completely different group/faction?

The Master's Super Mutant Nightkin. No relation to the legion just a comparison. I'm not entirely sure what the Legion's stance is on Ghouls and Super Mutants, but it is heavily implied by some characters outside of the Legion that the legion doesn't like either group. It is never stated by the Legion though.

I would imagine that if they are anti tech/drugs/medicine, they would be fairly anti FEV, so I would assume that would require some form of a kill on sight policy for Super Mutants.

Unless they have a pragmatic approach to recruiting SMs (although I don't think an SM would take kindly to being a slave to a mere mortal.)

Ghouls I would think they just view as too weak to be of any real use, and would thus execute them along with the old and lame..

I do remember seeing dialogue for an NCR ranger who said they received reports about Legion SM soldiers, coupled with a few other ridiculous accusations. Obviously these reports were confirmed to be false and were sent by a senior NCR Ranger in order to demoralize the NCR enough to get them to pull out of the Mojave.

You meet every leader of every major faction in New Vegas. Even though you shouldn't, your just some random guy no one knows.

I do not own New Vegas for the PC and thus don't have access to its art assets. I got the securitron from a reskin mod for NV ;)

ah ok, well I do, so if I can work out where stuff is stored I could maybe accidentally drop them, and if they get accidentally swept into the mod, by accidentally getting stuck to some kind of digital skeleton and accidentally end up leading a new faction some day....

well that just can't be helped........

Accidents happen every day.

This very site has a leaderhead of Caesar, here. I use it in my own mod.

Also, the Legion should get a trade bonus; the Legion is very much against mutants and raiders and all, and actually succeeds in absolutely securing the lands they control, which is great for traders of course.

The NCR, meanwhile, suffers from raids and such. Although their form of expansion is trade + rangers... Still, in-game, this is ascribed to be a positive of the Legion vis-a-vis the NCR.

Also, awesome mod you have here! I wonder, could you publish the stuff required to implement a BonusCommerceChanges tag? As that is how I stumbled upon this mod. :p

Wow :D Caesar has a really creepy looking head! :D

It looks like a guitar pick!

It was Archid who built the current bonuschanges stuff for me, he may well publish it as a stand alone modcomp, particularly if someone asks him nicely.

Right now he is working on Dyntraits, making that as a modcomp and rebuilding it's functionality from the bits and pieces of it that were left lying around as the source code was never published.

I have added the idea of increased safety or a trade bonus to the legion. We shall see how this plays out in the future.

I am always a tiny bit sceptical about adding a bonus, based on an F3NV faction vs the F3NV NCR, purely because in this time frame the NCR is kind of at it's worst.

The rot of sub-par leadership, corporate oligarchies that have consolidated most of the power under them and have skewed the 'public interest' to be solely focussed on their interests at expensive of war effort and generally the 'well-being' of the republic, plus they have just come out of two major conflicts that have left their economy crippled (BoS and the First Legion War) both of which they nominally won.

I also don't know the relative sizes of the NCR verses the Legion or anyone else. If the legion land is much smaller or has fewer settlements, this might explain why their security is 'better' if they controlled the NCR, would this still be true?

I have no idea, as I have never played very far into NV, but I would certainly be interested in hearing peoples hypothetical arguments around these points.

Even if you had played through New Vegas info on the legion is scant and you really have to look for it. They evidently have control over large parts of the "Four State Commonwealth": Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and New Mexico. Having conquered and assimilated 86 tribes their domain is somewhat expansive.

Ok, that is good info to have. Yes 86 tribes sounds like a fairly large amount for a Fallout Environment. As well as some major states in terms of size.

I wonder what their actual 'techniques' are for this effective control.

Is it that they have simply wiped out the vast majority of people, making it much easier to 'break' any form of resistance as most 'supportive' environments have been burned to the ground or fiercely controlled.

Is it that the majority of their population is military, or enslaved, making lands less inviting to raider types as only the trade routes hold anything worth having, as opposed to towns and farming communities, etc.

Or do they actually have some 'technique' that affords them better security, like a network or forts/watchtowers that quickly communicate and dispatch security forces, or some kind of a patrol system that catches any interlopers, or perhaps it is a spy network that infiltrates any major organisation of people, allowing them to have high level intelligence about raider activity before it happens.

I know someone once spoke about some kind of 'Legion Expanded' mod for NV, that did a much better job of filling in a lot of blanks or unjanswered questions about the legion.

But again, never played it.

Ok, that is good info to have. Yes 86 tribes sounds like a fairly large amount for a Fallout Environment. As well as some major states in terms of size.

I wonder what their actual 'techniques' are for this effective control.

Is it that they have simply wiped out the vast majority of people, making it much easier to 'break' any form of resistance as most 'supportive' environments have been burned to the ground or fiercely controlled.

Is it that the majority of their population is military, or enslaved, making lands less inviting to raider types as only the trade routes hold anything worth having, as opposed to towns and farming communities, etc.

Or do they actually have some 'technique' that affords them better security, like a network or forts/watchtowers that quickly communicate and dispatch security forces, or some kind of a patrol system that catches any interlopers, or perhaps it is a spy network that infiltrates any major organisation of people, allowing them to have high level intelligence about raider activity before it happens.

I know someone once spoke about some kind of 'Legion Expanded' mod for NV, that did a much better job of filling in a lot of blanks or unjanswered questions about the legion.

But again, never played it.

To put it bluntly I'm not entirely sure how the legion has ANY civilians, not counting slaves, since they either enslave, assimilate(pretty much conscript into their army), or kill anyone they conquer. But they do somehow have them none the less. There is a trader you can talk to at the Fort, the legion's base in Fallout New Vegas, who states that the legion's land is extremely safe for trade.

To put it bluntly I'm not entirely sure how the legion has ANY civilians, not counting slaves, since they either enslave, assimilate(pretty much conscript into their army), or kill anyone they conquer. But they do somehow have them none the less. There is a trader you can talk to at the Fort, the legion's base in Fallout New Vegas, who states that the legion's land is extremely safe for trade.

They are all card board cut outs!!

hehe yeah, you talk to the merchant and he says 'it is extremely safe for trade' then you ask him to tell you more and he says 'of course there is not a lot of money to be made because everyone is nailed to trees along the road!'
Well yeah, both of this. The Legion has very little quests (while the NCR has many), and it seems as if the Legion has been created by multiple people with different goals; to have a morally grey side and to have a black, evil side. It doesn't really work. It's disappointing, really.

Mhm, I'm in no hurry, I can't even merge .dll's as of now, so, no worries, and good luck with that dynamic traits thingy! :)

And yes, Edward Swallow (Caesar) does look weird there... In-game he looks better - to be honest, I doubt I'd recognise him. :p

Yeah SDK work is hard..

I know a friend of mine told me if you like the legion you need to play a certain mod that extends their story and creates a more rouned picture of them.

I just find it funny that a former 'aid worker' goes ape poop and decides to massacre a bunch of tribes and turn himself into a self styled roman emperor!

That is a moment that requires your escalated quickly gif clanky!

Let's go feed some hungry people, oh no we've been captured, hey I can teach you some things about technology and guns, how about this next village we just massacre every one and pile them up for the next tribe to see? I AM YOUR EMPEROR NOW!!!!! Oh also.... everone is now my slave.. ok? ok? yeah you ok with that? yeah.. guys over there.. you ok with being my slave? yeah? cool... so you are all my slaves and we are called caesar's legion now... everyone ok with that? good. great... ok then... lets massacre some more tribals!

Top Bottom