HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 53 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Seraiel for the highest score of the update with a Huge, Marathon, Deity, Domination game for 899230 points.

Sgtpeppers was the most active player during this update, submitting 9 games.

elitetroops was the most active player during this update, submitting 9 games.

Only 3 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
kovacsflo - 1755 AD, Huge, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 94880 points
Seraiel - 1340 AD, Small, Normal, Deity, Domination game for 151978 points
Seraiel - 1450 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Diplomatic game for 32787 points
Seraiel - 10 BC, Huge, Marathon, Deity, Domination game for 899230 points
Seraiel - 1800 AD, Small, Normal, Deity, Space Colony game for 165028 points
WastinTime - 1220 AD, Huge, Normal, Deity, Domination game for 327958 points
WastinTime - 1110 BC, Large, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 691324 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Major 134 - Conquest, Deity, Ancient, Large, Marathon, Highlands, Celt
1st WastinTime 1110 BC
2nd Kaitzilla 240 BC
3rd Seraiel 945 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Major 135 - Space Colony, Prince, Ancient, Large, Epic, Great Plains, Carthage

A number of players gained number one positions:
kovacsflo with a 1755 AD, Huge, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 94880 points.
WastinTime with a 1110 BC, Large, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 691324 points.

Firmlife with a 1648 AD, Huge, Marathon, Immortal, Space Colony game for 130432 points.
Firmlife with a 1515 AD, Huge, Normal, Immortal, Diplomatic game for 69074 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1270 AD, Tiny, Normal, Immortal, Diplomatic game for 36768 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1440 AD, Tiny, Quick, Immortal, Diplomatic game for 35554 points.

Mad2rix with a 1890 AD, Duel, Epic, Emperor, Space Colony game for 102570 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1530 AD, Tiny, Quick, Emperor, Diplomatic game for 31046 points.

Sgtpeppers with a 1710 BC, Tiny, Marathon, Monarch, Religious game for 34152 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1430 AD, Tiny, Quick, Monarch, Diplomatic game for 24910 points.

Sgtpeppers with a 1740 BC, Tiny, Marathon, Noble, Religious game for 14726 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1240 AD, Tiny, Epic, Noble, Diplomatic game for 20777 points.

Sgtpeppers with a 1240 BC, Tiny, Normal, Warlord, Religious game for 14323 points.

elitetroops with a 2530 BC, Large, Marathon, Settler, Religious game for 11523 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
Mad2rix with a 1150 AD, Standard, Marathon, Noble, game for 608288 points.

elitetroops with a 1505 AD, Standard, Normal, Prince, game for 310737 points.

I still have my throne, but I wish I knew for how long... It's frustrating to see the very small difference in QM score and now I only holding 2 of 6 first places in QM components (Map quest and inferno). I have taken back an important slot and didn't lose an other, while Wastintime had won a gauntlet in the meantime. And this counts a lot for you as this was a large/deity one, with no barbs though. On marathon speed, I guess it must have been a very hard work. 55 hours playtime is even comperable to Seraiel's 85 hours.

I think I found a bug in the HoF QM history.
I set it for all expansions, Jan 11 update and it shows kovacsflo in 2nd place for QM, but he was still holding #1 then, IIRC.

I still have my throne, but I wish I knew for how long... It's frustrating to see the very small difference in QM score and now I only holding 2 of 6 first places in QM components (Map quest and inferno). I have taken back an important slot and didn't lose an other, while Wastintime had won a gauntlet in the meantime. And this counts a lot for you as this was a large/deity one, with no barbs though. On marathon speed, I guess it must have been a very hard work. 55 hours playtime is even comperable to Seraiel's 85 hours.

In those 85 hours, 2* full 8-12h sleep must be subtracted. My first game, which didn't get accepted because of crashes, also lasted 60h.

Btw.: Why didn't you compete in the Gauntlet kovacsflo? :)

In those 85 hours, 2* full 8-12h sleep must be subtracted. My first game, which didn't get accepted because of crashes, also lasted 60h.

Btw.: Why didn't you compete in the Gauntlet kovacsflo? :)

I don't want to spend too much time on one game. The longest one I had was a time victory on large map, it took like 22 hours. I still needed to spend all my free time playing it after work. It's a miracle that I didn't have a crash then. That week just wasn't full of fun enough, I like to play civ4 because of the decision what I need to take. A longer game game often requires proportionally less decisions. Especially if you need to wait several minutes after pressing enter...

I think I found a bug in the HoF QM history.
I set it for all expansions, Jan 11 update and it shows kovacsflo in 2nd place for QM, but he was still holding #1 then, IIRC.

Even bugs are against my throne, you see? :)

55h is probably not an accurate number. I sometimes leave Civ idle, but I suppose it was probably 50 hours. I don't like to think about the waste-of-time.

55h is probably not an accurate number. I sometimes leave Civ idle, but I suppose it was probably 50 hours. I don't like to think about the waste-of-time.

So how many days did you spend on that game?

Gauntlet Results:
G-Major 134 - Conquest, Deity, Ancient, Large, Marathon, Highlands, Celt
1st WastinTime 1110 BC
2nd Kaitzilla 240 BC
3rd Seraiel 945 AD
Congrats to all who finished this but 1110 BC on Deity, Large - that's insane, amazing effort.

Did someone btw. notice, that with the games in this update, I made a huge jump towards Elite Quattromaster? I went from 79% complete to 87.5% (!) , so I'm getting closer to my aim :) .
Basically only still need to play Ethiopia and Zulu, I need an AP-victory and all the advanced starts after classic :) There are only 9 games left, then I can say with confidence, that I really played CIV complete(ly) ^^ .

Did someone btw. notice, that with the games in this update, I made a huge jump towards Elite Quattromaster? I went from 79% complete to 87.5% (!) , so I'm getting closer to my aim :)
Congratulations - only 7 people have made Deity EQM so far!

Congratulations - only 7 people have made Deity EQM so far!

Yes, it's time, that I join their club ^^ And as it looks, I won't even join on the last place :) .

Did someone btw. notice, that with the games in this update, I made a huge jump towards Elite Quattromaster? I went from 79% complete to 87.5% (!) , so I'm getting closer to my aim :) .

Not far off now :)

I have been trying for EQM also (only settler tho). I do check out the EQM tables quite often, but did not notice your jump in completeness. How do I see the percentages, of both myself and other EQM aspirants?

Not far off now :)

I have been trying for EQM also (only settler tho). I do check out the EQM tables quite often, but did not notice your jump in completeness. How do I see the percentages, of both myself and other EQM aspirants?

You cannot see the percentages, you need to do maths. EQM has 72 challenges, so if you have 50, that's 50 of 72. Now replace the of with a / and multiply with 100, then you got your percentage :) .

Maybe my jump btw. was not easily to be noticed, because I still lack 3 disciplines. I need an AP-victory, I need to win with 3 different civilizations (will complete league of nations with next update) and I need the advanced starts from medieval to future.

I was hoping there was another EQM stats page I hadn't noticed yet, but thanks for the maths lesson :p

Unless someone appears on the "Overall" page (I do scroll down to see those with one or two disciplines missing) or is completing games in the same discipline i'm focusing on, i'll miss it. (currently Map Quest)

EQM is a tough slog, and doing it all in deity is a very nice achievement. Keep up the good work!

I was hoping there was another EQM stats page I hadn't noticed yet, but thanks for the maths lesson :p

Unless someone appears on the "Overall" page (I do scroll down to see those with one or two disciplines missing) or is completing games in the same discipline i'm focusing on, i'll miss it. (currently Map Quest)

EQM is a tough slog, and doing it all in deity is a very nice achievement. Keep up the good work!

Now we can ask oursevles, why is there no 2nd stats page for us?

Denniz?
Methos?

What are you doing the whole day? :D

:joke:

EQM is already tough, Deity makes it even tougher and trying to maximise the score from the beginning and not cheesing makes it probably the 5th toughest challenge I had in my whole life. 1 are my studies, 2-4 my instruments, now that says something.

...to maximise the score from the beginning and not cheesing makes it probably the 5th toughest challenge I had in my whole life. 1 are my studies, 2-4 my instruments, now that says something.

You take this game too seriously, man. Games should be a source of recreation, or at least something to spend your time on if, like for example, you don't have a job for a while.

What do you mean that instruments were your 2-4 hardest challenges in your life? Is that means 3 kind of instruments? If so, you could be a group on your own then :) But honestly, are you doing something music based (when you are not playing with CIV4 :) )?

You take this game too seriously, man. Games should be a source of recreation, or at least something to spend your time on if, like for example, you don't have a job for a while.

What do you mean that instruments were your 2-4 hardest challenges in your life? Is that means 3 kind of instruments? If so, you could be a group on your own then :) But honestly, are you doing something music based (when you are not playing with CIV4 :) )?

I take everything seriously Flori. I'm german, so I have no sense of humor, forgot? :D

And yes, I play 3 instruments. I don't do anything professionally with that though, normally I study medicine. I didn't want to make my hobbies (instruments) my profession because I assumed that it would take away the whole fun.

Top Bottom