Civitar's Unit Workshop

Civitar

Adventurer

Here you can find links to download all the available unit graphics I have made.
You can use this thread to request new unit graphics, but I'm unlikely to make them unless:
  • The unit can be done with a simple reskin, or
  • It is a fantasy unit, or
  • Your project interests me, or
  • The unit interests me.

If you are requesting a historical unit (a unique unit for a new civilization, for example), you must provide the icon you'll be using in the mod. I try to match the icon as closely as possible. If the icon is crappy, I will (a) say so, and (b) try to make a better one myself.;)

Fantasy Units

Sci-fi Units

Reserved in case I need this later.:)

Post away! Just remember to request a historical unit you need to provide the icon you'll be using.:) And it'd be nice if you can provide icons with other unit requests, too.
:D

This is simply fantastic Civitar!

If you'd be willing I would like to request a re-skin of the musketman model. It's for the uu for my soon-to-be updated Corsica mod.

I can provide you with multiple images, but the unit icon is the one the right in this intographic:

That would take a good bit more than a reskin, I'm afraid. A reskin can't change the shape of the model, it can only change the colors on the surface of it - the "skin", or more properly the texture. And changing an armored guy wearing a conquistador helmet into a bearded guy with a beard and no hat would take a bit more doing than a retexture can do.:undecide:

Also, just out of curiosity - is Furtezza an actual name of something in Corsica? Because I've never heard or seen that word in Italian. "Castle" is "Castello", and "Fortress" is normally "Rocca", I believe.

Didn't really think of that. I can look into finding another model that resembles the unit more, if you'd be up for that..

Regarding the Furtezza, it's actually the Corsican word for Fortezza, which is pretty much just a citadel-like structure. I considered calling the UB citadella, but that just too close to Citadel.

Didn't really think of that. I can look into finding another model that resembles the unit more, if you'd be up for that..

Regarding the Furtezza, it's actually the Corsican word for Fortezza, which is pretty much just a citadel-like structure. I considered calling the UB citadella, but that just too close to Citadel.

If you can find a model in Civ5 that fits the shape, I'd be happy to reskin it.

:oI forgot Corsicans had a bit more of a dialect to them than your average Venetian...

Hey, awesome thread!

I actually have some sort of request:

I got this icon for my upcoming mod;

And I found a unit skin for it over here, sort of. I tried to recolour the musketman_diff, but it doesn't show up in game. In fact, the original one shows up in-game, even though I did include the recoloured version.

The problem is, the bombard guy is actually European, while I need some persian-ish fella. I thought a simple recolouring would work, but now I can't even check it. Can you get it to work? Here's the recoloured musketman.
It was specifically taken from the big version of the Turkish Bombard, but I believe that the bombardeers are all the same.

It would be great if you could help me out. Ideally, with a new persian guy, but I'd probably be content with a working recoloured version.

EDIT: if you're getting flooded by requests, then this can wait :p

Also a request! I need a Squamish Bear Warrior for my upcoming Squamish mod. Here's a close-ish reference picture (for the figure on the left):

The only appearance difference would be that he would have a bear-shaped wooden helmet and a shield with this symbol on it:

Thank you much!

@Idvhl: Icon...

@DJSHenninger: I'm actually working on a gigantic Ottoman Bombard - Dardanelles Gun to be precise. It has custom animations, because it's carried on the shoulders of four turks and there's a fifth to light it. But it won't be ready for a while.
However, the gunman from it might look good with those Bombards... I'll do it.:D Even though it takes a bit more than a reskin, it's a simple matter of popping one guy posed for a bombardier into a different bombard.
However... what is the name of the civ, and what is the name of the unit in the mod?

EDIT: Holy crap people, there is a unit requests thread right above this one in the same forum. This thread is more for people who just need graphics and not much more to finish their mod, or are doing a total conversion.

@Idvhl: Icon...

@DJSHenninger: I'm actually working on a gigantic Ottoman Bombard - Dardanelles Gun to be precise. It has custom animations, because it's carried on the shoulders of four turks and there's a fifth to light it. But it won't be ready for a while.
However, the gunman from it might look good with those Bombards... I'll do it.:D Even though it takes a bit more than a reskin, it's a simple matter of popping one guy posed for a bombardier into a different bombard.
However... what is the name of the civ, and what is the name of the unit in the mod?

EDIT: Holy crap people, there is a unit requests thread right above this one in the same forum. This thread is more for people who just need graphics and not much more to finish their mod, or are doing a total conversion.

Civilization name: The Afsharids
Unit name: Toopchi

And thanks a lot!

Civilization name: The Afsharids
Unit name: Toopchi

And thanks a lot!

:crazyeye: And there I was thinking Anishinaabe Ogichidaa was the weirdest UU name I'd heard... Afsharid Toopchi? Are you sure it's Arabian??
:p

:crazyeye: And there I was thinking Anishinaabe Ogichidaa was the weirdest UU name I'd heard... Afsharid Toopchi? Are you sure it's Arabian??
:p

Never sure, though I assume it's some kind of Persian, not Arabian :) Apparently, the cannon was called a 'Toop' and the bombardier a Toopchi.

I don't understand the question?

Civitar said:
If you are requesting a historical unit (a unique unit for a new civilization, for example), you must provide the icon you'll be using in the mod. I try to match the icon as closely as possible.

Read the OP.

Civitar, these requests, can they include civ4 model conversions (and re-skins of the converted models)? Or is that too much of a hassle?

Civitar, these requests, can they include civ4 model conversions (and re-skins of the converted models)? Or is that too much of a hassle?

Second this. I have 2 models(a ship and a UI) from civ 4 graphics that I need.

Top Bottom