HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 44 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Mad2rix for the highest score of the update with a Small, Marathon, Emperor, Domination game for 781299 points.

aitkensam was the most active player during this update, submitting 13 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Fractal Spiral - 1280 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 38161 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 197 - Space Colony, Prince, Ancient, Small, Normal, Rain Forest, (check options)
1st Kaitzilla 1450 AD
2nd ZPV 1515 AD
3rd Pangaea 1560 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 198 - Cultural, Prince, Ancient, Small, Normal, Medium and Small, (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
Catalept with a 1370 AD, Small, Epic, Immortal, Cultural game for 69053 points.

aitkensam with a 1520 BC, Small, Normal, Monarch, Conquest game for 49401 points.
Fractal Spiral with a 1842 AD, Large, Normal, Monarch, Space Colony game for 41038 points.
Fractal Spiral with a 1635 AD, Huge, Normal, Monarch, Conquest game for 180764 points.

Fractal Spiral with a 1430 AD, Large, Normal, Prince, Diplomatic game for 17599 points.
Kaitzilla with a 1450 AD, Small, Normal, Prince, Space Colony game for 230201 points.

aitkensam with a 2720 BC, Small, Normal, Warlord, Conquest game for 30581 points.

aitkensam with a 2600 BC, Small, Normal, Chieftain, Conquest game for 22693 points.
aitkensam with a 1760 BC, Small, Normal, Chieftain, Domination game for 31789 points.
aitkensam with a 1800 BC, Standard, Normal, Chieftain, Domination game for 46151 points.
Karl_t_great with a 1535 AD, Standard, Normal, Chieftain, Space Race game for 39639 points.
Karl_t_great with a 1472 AD, Standard, Epic, Chieftain, Space Race game for 49305 points.

aitkensam with a 1800 BC, Small, Normal, Settler, Domination game for 26471 points.
aitkensam with a 2920 BC, Small, Normal, Settler, Conquest game for 10455 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
Mad2rix with a 1140 AD, Small, Marathon, Emperor, game for 781299 points.

Mad2rix with a 1225 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Immortal, game for 501875 points.

Pangaea with a 1560 AD, Small, Normal, Prince, game for 235737 points.

Fractal Spiral with a 1635 AD, Huge, Normal, Monarch, game for 180764 points.

Congratiulations at all Gauntlet parcicipants :) . Was a lot fun, to see some real competition :) .

Congratiulations at fractal spiral for his Deity-game :) .

deity deity deity :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: gaaaah

Do you realize you spit on all other games with that comment. Including all the Gauntlet participants (which you congratulated in the previous sentence) who played ONLY Prince level which is obviously too pittyfull for you as you play DEITY.

'cmoon

deity deity deity :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: gaaaah

Do you realize you spit on all other games with that comment. Including all the Gauntlet participants (which you congratulated in the previous sentence) who played ONLY Prince level which is obviously too pittyfull for you as you play DEITY.

'cmoon

You must have gotten something wrong there. I congratiulated the people who played the Gauntlet because they had a great competition, and Deity simply is on it's own level, so deserve to stand out.

I don't spit on all other games, I just don't praise them specially, that doesn't mean that I would lack respect for every players effort!

But I can adapt and next time simply write nothing at all, just like 99.9% of players on CFC do, if you feel better with that.

Thanks everyone at Civfanatics forums for all the strategy I've read and learned here. It was really exciting to start doing Hall of Fame games and try to get fast times. I've learned things about all difficulties and all victory types here for a few years now, even lots of things I've still never tried yet.

Hopefully I could start to get involved in some new games, like the Gauntlets and other competition games. I don't really know how any of the Gauntlets or other series work.. what should I do to get involved? Any advice on what to start with or what each series is like etc.?

Hopefully I could start to get involved in some new games, like the Gauntlets and other competition games. I don't really know how any of the Gauntlets or other series work.. what should I do to get involved? Any advice on what to start with or what each series is like etc.?
Just read the settings for your chosen Gauntlet/Challenge carefully and set up the game accordingly. Then play and submit like you would do with any other HoF game. If all the settings are correct, you have the right opponents and so on, it will register for the Gauntlet/Challenge automatically.

What games to choose depends entirely on your preferences. The challenger series offers a lot of variety and it has been running quite a while already, so you will find a lot of discussion with tips for each game in the Challenger Series subforum. There's still about a month time to play those, maybe a bit tight to play all 10, but several of them can be very fast. And of course it isn't a must to play all. The Gauntlets change more often, if the settings appeal to you, go ahead and play.

Oh, and welcome to CFC! :)

Thanks for the advice elitetroops :) I'll have a look around the forums and sticky posts, and see what interests me :)

You must have gotten something wrong there...

I apologize

Don't know what had gotten into me. It was the first time I went into flaming mode on any board I ever participated. Sorry.

They have a saying at where I come from. Rough translation:

'He who confesses (to be wrong) gets half the blame forgiven' :D

cheers

I apologize

Don't know what had gotten into me. It was the first time I went into flaming mode on any board I ever participated. Sorry.

They have a saying at where I come from. Rough translation:

'He who confesses (to be wrong) gets half the blame forgiven' :D

cheers

If half of the blame gets forgiven for confessing you're wrong, I forgive you the other half ;) .

Top Bottom