• Yes, I love to think about nothing

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • There is no such thing as nothing

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthasar

Wise Man
Well gang, I had to give this one a lot of thought - how to deal with a surprisingly rare situation: we had just one entry in March in each category. The rules were no help at all - minimalist rules are popular, but often useless in unforeseen circumstances. So I went to a justification of the contests that I often cite, but doesn't usually get much comment, and that's that the competition is a great way to showcase new works, much like the Announcements thread, but in-house, so to speak.

So let me present our winning entries for March. In the Units category:

LMR - Psilencer

LMR continues his Warhammer 40K Grey Knights series with the Psilencer, which is a type of psionic weapon created by an unknown Xeno race and made use of by the Grey Knights Chapter, my research tells me (without a doubt, the best Grey Knights image I found out on the webs is this one). So if you're looking for a powerful unit with lots of curb appeal, LMR can hook you up. He might even throw in a set of rims. Congratulations, LMR.

In the PCX category:

Kyriakos - Singularity series: Ancient Greek city set

With this ancient Greek city set, Kyriakos returns to his roots with what he says is the first of a series that he links to Parmanides Singularity (Parmenides, a philosopher in ancient Athens, argued that once something, whether an object or an idea, exists, it cannot un-exist, therefore there can only be One reality - the Singularity), which makes this the first city set that I know of with an ontological adjunct. Most folks will just enjoy the rich colors and careful detail of these beautiful bronze-age cities. Congratulations, Kyriakos.

Both of these excellent creations have been listed in the Competitions Hall of Fame, and will appear in the next PCX and Unit of the Year competitions.

Next Month: competition returns! (insert fingers-crossed emoticon here)

Bal

PS. Inserted a useless poll to lure in readers.

Top Bottom