Choose the next city tile, set for every city!

Serp

King
Updated to v2 at 15th June 2015

This mod is based on whowards UI-Expansion mod and needs his DLL.

With UI-Expansion you get a notification, when a city is able to expand. If you click it, you get into the city screen and you can buy the next plot for free (if it is one of the best plots) or for the half price (if it is one of the other plots).

My feature is a new building, which can be build in any city.
If you built it, whowards mod is active and you can choose the next city tile for this city.
But if you do not have the building, you get the next best city tile automatically for the city.

Without my feature, it could get very annoying if you have alot of cities and every time you have to choose the next tile.
With my feature you are able to choose, which city should expand automatically and which you want to choose the tiles on your own.

The new building can be built right from the start and only costs 2 production, but 1 gold to maintain. You can sell and rebuild it any time you want.

Changelog v2 15th June 2015:
I fixed the following bug:
It could happen in rare cases, that you get the "new tile" notification, which you should only get, when you can choose the next tile, even if you have automatic enabled. This notification does not go away, until you right click it.

Screenshots with EUI active (english and german mixed, played german Civ, deactivated german translation from mod for screenshots):
Build or buy the new building
Now you can click "New City Tile" in the Action Panel
Choose one of the next best tiles for free, or get another for the half price
If you don't have the building in town, you get the next best city tile automatically without any notification, but it is highlighted
Without EUI it looks basically the same, except it's not a buy button with "0", but with "Free".

I will upload here a EUI compatible version (I just deleted the CityView files, so the ones from EUI are used and it works):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24014

And in this post, you can get the normal version with the CityView files:

Attachments

• UI - City Expansion (v 14) Serp v2 - with city view.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 406
Updated to v2 at 15th June 2015
I fixed the following bug:
It could happen in rare cases, that you get the "new tile" notification, which you should only get, when you can choose the next tile, even if you have automatic enabled. This notification does not go away, until you right click it.

So what if instead of a building, it just automatically made the decision on the next turn if you don't make the choice yourself? That way you can choose when you want a particular tile and then let it be automatic when you don't. The only problem I can see is you might lose a turn towards the next expansion unless you account for it in some way.

So what if instead of a building, it just automatically made the decision on the next turn if you don't make the choice yourself? That way you can choose when you want a particular tile and then let it be automatic when you don't. The only problem I can see is you might lose a turn towards the next expansion unless you account for it in some way.

sry, can you elaborate more what you mean?
Use what instead of a building?

(the building is needed to tell the game your decision. We need something, that every players PC can check, so all PCs know, what decision you chose)

I think he means that closing the "new tile" notification by right-click will automatically select a tile for this particular city.

"City XY has grown" -> meh, I don't care *right click* -> automatic expansion

Very useful mod btw!

I think he means that closing the "new tile" notification by right-click will automatically select a tile for this particular city.

"City XY has grown" -> meh, I don't care *right click* -> automatic expansion

Very useful mod btw!
hm... interesting idea...
I'm not sure if this would work... it depends if this rightclick on the icon is noticed by all other PCs.. and I doubt it.

Firstly thank you Serp (and whowards!) I really enjoy this mod! However I had few complains:
For me the building should be free (both building cost and maintenance). I mean, this is a building because it was easier to mod it this way but in a perfect world it should be just a checkbox in the citiview.

So I did few changes:
-I set the production price of the building to 0.
So if at turn 1 you make 8 turns to build a scout, you can build the building turn 1, then the turn 2 your scout will make only 7 turn to be build (due to the hammers you saved). I think however this is not perfect (it seems there is still 1 or 2 hammers lost sometimes, maybe because the game round up the hammers saved?)
-I set the price to buy the building at 10 golds (I wanted set at 0 but it seems not possible).
-I add +1 gold yield to the building.
The maintenance cost was more tricky. Indeed, in Civ 5, if the maintenance cost is zero, then your building can't be sold (and then the mod become pretty useless). That's why I just add +1 gold yield, like this the effective maintenance is 0.
-I translated it in French (it is a gift for one of my friend who has a terrible English ;) )

If you want to use this version, just substitue the "UICityExpansion.xml" file in "...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\UI - City Expansion (v 14) Serp v2 - with city view\XML" with the one attached to this message.

Attachments

• UICityExpansion.xml
    7.1 KB · Views: 280
Would this work with making a multiplayer mod pack?
It used to be, see my signature my modpack.
But I recently worked on a new version of it and had big trouble with this for unknown reason.
The building triggered the "choose tile" for all palyers although only one had it and other strange issues.
I can only assume that the new version of whowards DLL is to blame, but don't know for sure... I had to disable this mod in my latest (unpublished) modpack version.

I will just use a DLL that directly precedes the creation of this mod and see what happens
Thank you for the response.

Last edited:
Top Bottom