Crash during convoy movement after capturing UK city

kogre

Chieftain
So i am finally doing a play through as the germans, i wanted to see all the cool toys they get to play with :lol:

After playing as the French and realizing how strong the Maginot line is, i developed a plan to open up France, which im keeping under wraps... just think... south :mischief:

So France falls in April 1940, the scripted event works like a charm, thanks for everyone 's hard work on debugging that.

Onto the British Isle's go all my forces... and wow are those Cities tough. I get stuck on the beaches between London and Plymoth, trying to force a city to come to the Reich, as well as landing on the East side of the Isle. Heres where the interesting bug came in, and a change in playstyle for me.

I finally kamakazi enough units at Plymouth and capture the city; then while processing the end of turn the game crash's. Its June of 40, and all of those convoy's have no where to go it seems. So i go back to the save point, and dont capture the city, and all my southern england army just turns into a big diversion, leaving Plymoth uncaptured for the convoys to have a valid target to land while i blockade it with subs and sink every transport that comes near it.

I have held off on that city and may just leave it period and take London after i wear out the brits and now it being June of 41 and Barbarosa time ill keep folks posted.

as a side note on some observations... man those british cities are tough. Even artillery supported infantry mutinied on me :crazyeye: Even with seige promotion infantry and artillery with logistics, seige, and anti fortification improvements those cities are taking a whopping.... 1 damage per attack while smashing my troops for 15 a pop. It seems the way to beat the british on their home turf is to just keep the attrition going, they are finally out of material, and i have some SS infantry there along with some Stug III's, so its just a process of wearing them out.

@kogre

thanks for the report, if it happens again, I would like to see your log from the crash (or an end turn save game)

I beat that last game pretty fast, i forgot i was trying to let it progress to get all the goodies :lol:

So in this game, remembering that im after all the goodies, France down in January of 40, landed on Britan the next turn. Remembering the great crash of the other game i left Plymouth alone just blockading it. I have taken all of the British cities on the isle now, its about December of 1940, to include Plymouth, and the game is just fine. I have my own "Reich Curtain" on the eastern border, ill just fortify a wall of infantry, artillery and armor all along the border and let the turns roll while i take out the Greeks and Yugoslavia.

In yet another gee whiz moment, in my game with the Italians with germany doing... nothing... i had a interesting crash. I had taken all of North Africa, and had units on the Iranian border just waiting for Russia to invade it so i could then try to steal Iran myself. It seems that the Italians liberate in Iran, however i was not friendly or allied with Iran, my units couldnt move in their territory, and the game crashed after i had invaded the russian areas, liberating it back to Iran and then getting stuck and crashing.

Top Bottom