[Rising Tides] Hope for Wonder Artwork!

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
I was lying last night in bed thinking of BERT for no apparent reason until it hit me.

We've seen A LOT of new artwork, we know there's new loading screens (28th's Aug stream revealed that), new Virtue trees art work, technology pop-up has artwork, quests do. almost everything got an artistic overhaul

So I wonder..

Will we see new Wonder splash screens? I included think they aren't as major and awesome as the ones in Civ 5, and I would love to see the artist interpretations of some of them.

Oh yes!!! I hope we get new artwork for wonders. That would make me so happy. Since we got new artwork for quests, techs, virtues, I am cautiously optimistic that they added new artwork for wonders too.

Oh yes!!! I hope we get new artwork for wonders. That would make me so happy. Since we got new artwork for quests, techs, virtues, I am cautiously optimistic that they added new artwork for wonders too.

It would do the game a world of good. It's up there with different voice actors for the tech quotes (which I admit probably isn't going to happen at this juncture).

They added new art for items that didn't already have any. Wonders already do, regardless of how much any of us may like or dislike it.

Personally, I like the Wonders art as it is.

They added new art for items that didn't already have any. Wonders already do, regardless of how much any of us may like or dislike it.

Personally, I like the Wonders art as it is.

The virtue tree also had an art already -and a good one that I've never see anyone complaining- and even so they did a new one. So I think it is possible.

I doubt it will be changed since the other new art is mostly put in places that didn't already have something, though I wouldn't mind for new, full-color splash art of the wonders. However, I think they'll stick to the stylistic choice for the way they're currently presented.

would be very nice, but also a lot of work so I doubt it, the other new art are only one image per function (I hoped at first that the tech pop ups would be diffrent for each tech, but it is only the tech logo that changes), making art for the wonder would require as many images as wonders, so not so likely :(

But if they did it it would increase immersion a lot! now its just abstract name, weak effect and a abstract image, dosent say much!

Will Miller just Tweeted that there will be no new Wonder art, but there will be Victory movies.

I got this tweet from Will Miller:
Will Miller ‏@willrmiller 5m5 minutes ago Seattle, WA
@JamesHoffmann3 @FXSPeteMurray no new wonder paintings, but we added tons of new art to the UI, including new victory movies!

So, new victory movies confirmed!!

Cool about victory movies! How movie-like do you think that implies? Both BE and Civ V have just had an image with some text being read to you. I wonder if movies means it'll be more like the opening cinematic or just a more dynamic win screen like a slide show.

Cool about victory movies! How movie-like do you think that implies? Both BE and Civ V have just had an image with some text being read to you. I wonder if movies means it'll be more like the opening cinematic or just a more dynamic win screen like a slide show.

Well, but what would be the point of just changing one still image with a voiceover to a different still image with a voiceover? So, I have to assume it will be more like the opening cinematic.

Within what would define the term "movie" there's more room for improvement on what we currently have than the opposite.

Well, but what would be the point of just changing one still image with a voiceover to a different still image with a voiceover? So, I have to assume it will be more like the opening cinematic.

I would of assumed that too, but I just wonder if they'd really bother to spend the time and money to make a legit cinematic like the opening one for every victory. As cool as that would be, I'm kind of expecting a slide show of images illustrating what happens rather than an movie like the opening.

Any change is an upgrade from the single static image, at least.

I would of assumed that too, but I just wonder if they'd really bother to spend the time and money to make a legit cinematic like the opening one for every victory. As cool as that would be, I'm kind of expecting a slide show of images illustrating what happens rather than an movie like the opening.

I agree anything is an improvement on the current victory screens, but i nice little movie that isnt just a slideshow would be so awesome.
its disappointing that there is new new wonder art, i really liked the wonder movies from Civ IV

I agree anything is an improvement on the current victory screens, but i nice little movie that isnt just a slideshow would be so awesome.
its disappointing that there is new new wonder art, i really liked the wonder movies from Civ IV

If we actually get a great cinematic for each victory, it will easily make up for no wonder movies as far as I am concerned. Victory movies give the player a sense of reward and satisfaction for the work they put in to winning which is currently lacking in BE.

I'm fairly happy with a slideshow/animated collage, it's more consistent. Apart from the intro movie, all art in Civ:BERT we've seen so far has that "concept art" style, suddenly changing that for the victory alone is a bit jarring and inconsistent.

Also, I'd actually kind of like the current art used... just not for the victory itself. Imagine that art would pop up once you begin your victory, i.e. send the first unit through the emancipation gate, settle the first earth refugee or turn on the mindflower. That'd be quite cool and tell you "the endgame is on!".

Top Bottom