70 new promotions

Salamandre

King
70 new promotions, you will mostly never run out of choices. Some are OP and crazy, it is possible that if you seek for perfect balance, this will not fit. But if you want to give to AI deity a hard time, you might enjoy it as alternative. I am a big fan of Heroes III game, so several promotions have borrowed names from its skill system. Mod comes with its own crossover promotions, I tried to optimize the possible incoherences from the promotion tree switch.

Note:

3 mutually exclusive promotions to pick: Wisdom, Entertainer and Mysticism. When you select one, the others two will no longer be available for that army. They give faith, culture and science points after kill. The values depend on the enemy unit strength and will be low in early eras, but will grow with time. A few promotions need industrial era to unlock, don't stress.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24292&act=down

Or Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523866786&searchtext=new+promotions

Overview:

map preview:

Advertising pics were taken on a test map with all techs available, which explains strange things like horseman having access to "nuke immune" promotion.

I totally forgot about the link here, while I updated the mod(s) on steam. Created two mods, one requiring whoward's DLL and one without, but with 3 less promotions. So far, the error to fix was the hidden nationality, it looks like such promotion prohibits carrying bombs and planes on submarine/carriers. So that promotion was fixed to only allow "enter rival territory". Just letting you know, in case you use it.

Is there anyway with your mod to disable embarkation for a single unit type.

Not a class just a single custom unit, that I don't want it to get the embarkation promotion.

I've had it work with the vanilla promotions just prior to getting the embark perk.

But as soon as I get that tech it reverts back to embarking on water tiles.

Is there anyway with your mod to disable embarkation for a single unit type.

If you're using the version that requires my DLL you're in luck.

Enable the custom option GLOBAL_CANNOT_EMBARK and add
<CannotEmbark>true<CannotEmbark>
to the unit definition

Edit: I got it to work so the MELEE unit can fly now and traverse coastal and ocean tiles ad nauseum, the problem is if I activate the promotion for coastal attack it won't traverse ocean tiles.

If I de activate it, it will traverse both ocean and coastal tiles but can't attack from sea.

Is there a promotion that allow the MELEE flying Unit to attack in both coast and sea while having the movement of a hover unit?

EDIT 2: I noticed the unit can attack coastal sea tile LAND>SEA. But cannot engage SEA>SEA and SEA>LAND.

Anyhow thanks for your help.

I know this is an old thread. But I am trying to make a mod with promotions that are mutually exclusive and I was curious which part of whoward69 dll I need to add for this code to work. I don;t want all of the dll components but can;t find the one that addresses mutually exclusive promotions.

Top Bottom