Leopard 1 MBT

Hunter

Civ Addict
This is the Leopard 1 MBT.

The Leo 1 was used by many NATO nations and is still in service today. This unit is representative of the early and later versions (in other words it is not the A3 turret version). I used this unit to test my 3d programs ability to make shadows so in a sence it is a test unit. However I have found use for it in my game. I make it a cheaper modern armor useing less resorces with a lower attack and defence. Also I use it for nations that today do not use many tanks as their only Modern Armor.

Anyway I plan to touch this unit up latter but untill then enjoy the NATO work horse Leopard 1.

Info on Leopard 1

The Unit

Attachments

• leopard 1.jpg
    leopard 1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3,144
looks great :goodjob:

now i have to use it in my mod :rolleyes:

Im glad you like it.

@ unscratchedfoot That Cheetah would indeed be nasty for the infantry. The Canadians used some thing like that in 1945 against the German infantry on their Grizly tank (Canada's sherman) but only a few were ever made.

Yeah cool. I wondered if you finished it - nice to see you did :)

Originally posted by unscratchedfoot

BTW, check out the Cheetah pictures in the info link Hunter provided. Sweet!! I know they are AA but those things would be the ultimate nightmare used against infantry.

Russians a similar ZSU23-4 Shilka very effectively in Afghanistan. Since it's an AA gun, it has a high angle of elevation, so it is good for fighting in mountains.

Yay, that looks great, I'm (still) doing a mod that stretchs from the spanish civil war up to the 1980s, I guess this would make a realy good Cold war tank for many of the european nations.

Thanks Smoke :)

O and I dont know if you still want it but I am planing on finishing the Matilda tank but only if you want it.

Originally posted by Hunter
I plan to touch this unit up latter but untill then enjoy the NATO work horse Leopard 1.
Great unit! :worship: It is the best tank animation I've seen so far! :thumbsup: I am really looking forward to the next version! Rather unique sounds can easily be provided by linking to the tanks in the WWII extras that come with PTW, but it would be nice to have a less static default animation, and perhaps a nice fidget and fortify? Maybe even a victory? ;)

By the way, since "modern" is a relative term, I think that Leopard 1 makes a great flavor unit for modern armor, since it was in such widespread use. Even though the T-54/55 were more common than the T-62, the latter complements it very nicely. Maybe it would do even more so without the side skirts and ERP armor on the turret? Not that I am complaining, of course. :) Or how about a T-72?

Thank you Pawel :)

And no I dont think any ideas you have are complaints I need them to help improve my animations. :) I am planing to post a vertion of my T62 without side skirts and ERP armor but it wont be for a few weeks. As for why I made the T 62 rather than the 55 or 72, well other unit creators have already done those. I did however try to make this unit look alittle like several Russian tanks of the era.

Anyway thanks for the compliments and I will try to include your sugestions in next tanks (Matilda 2, Leopard 2 early version, T62 without upgrades). :)

The early Leopard 2 sounds great too! It has more Cold War flavor then the latest models, and the turret looks - well, more teutonic. :) It will match the default Abrams nicely! Maybe a Soviet premium tank, a T-64 (with its small wheels) or a T-80, would make it a nice trio? I know that unlike the T-72 these more advanced types were not exported by the Soviet Union or Russia, but then maybe you could give it a little of a generic touch, like the T-62? ;)

I am curious, do you plan to work any more on either the Leopards or the T-62? It would be nice...

If so, there is one detail that you might look into. It does not occur for the T-62, but the Leopard 1 misses the third attack animation when tested against a regular warrior (thus scoring three hits in a row). A very minor detail, of course. I like the tank very much, and use it as my modern armor animation! (The Abrams has the default one).

Well Pawel I do still plan to finish my early leopard 2 and my early T 62 but not for a while. I am finishing some WW1 stuff and trying to get my personal mod running.

Good luck Wyrmshadow but I hope you dont mind that eventualy I will also do an early Leo 2.

Well this is as far as I have gotten to date on the Leo 2 however it will not be animated till I get the Granma done for Sween32.

Attachments

• leo2preview.jpg
    leo2preview.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 1,640
Hey I think it looks good Wyrmshadow when you get a chance you should make it. I know I would use it :goodjob:

I must say your image of the Leopard 2 looks very impressive Hunter! But Wyrmshadow's version is not bad either! I hope he makes a beautiful transport aircraft first, though! ;)

Top Bottom