Community Patch - Modpack (Multiplayer Compatible)

Lynnes

King
When reporting bugs or desyncs, please try to add the logs of your game!
How to enable logging

Introduction:

This is the Community Patch Project by Gazebo as a Modpack.
It's intended for those who want to use the CPP in multiplayer (online and hotseat), but you can also use it in singleplayer to earn achievements in a modded game or as an alternative in case you are encountering any difficulties with the installation/ usage of mods.
It includes the following components:

• Community Patch
    • Community Balance Patch
    • City-State Diplomacy (CBP)
    • Civ4 Diplomacy Features (CBP)
    • CBP - Compatibility Mod
    • More Luxuries

optional:
    • EUI by bc1

Requirements: (taken from the official CPP-Thread)

• Civilization V (v.279)
  • Gods And Kings Expansion
  • Brave New World Expansion
  • All Leader DLC
  • Ancient Wonders DLC
  • Windows (Mac OS is not supported)

How to Install:

Download & unpack.
Copy the included folder 'MP_MODSPACK' to
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

How to Uninstall:

Remove the included folder 'MP_MODSPACK' from
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

How to Use:

Once the Modpack was copied to the required destination, just start the game, setup a new game (SP, Online MP, Hotseat) as you would in the unmodded Civ5 and play.
No further steps or usage of the Mods-Menu required.

When playing MP, please make sure that all players are using the same version of this modpack.​

Download:

OUTDATED, please check the forum threads for newer versions of the VP-modpacks.
If you have created a modpack that runs stable, you can send me a message and I will enter the link here.

FAQ:

Q: Can I use other Mods while using this Modpack?
A: This may be possible, but depends on the other mods. It must not be any DLL-mod, and you should also not try to load any of the mods included in this modpack (obviously). Other mods might work, but do it on your own risk.

Q: Is the Community Patch Only-Modpack compatible to the official version of EUI?
A: Yes, but you have to delete the YieldIconManager.lua and xml from
MP_MODSPACK\Mods\Community Patch (v 66)\LUA.

Q: Are there any restrictions for multiplayer?
A: No, as long as everyone is using the same version.

Please post your MP-experiences (everything worked fine? any crashes? desyncs?) into this thread to support Gazebo with sorting out any MP-related issues (if there are any).

Q: Are there any other changes compared to the original CPP?
A: Only those that are required to prevent any issues in MP, like replacing the selection-popups that could currently cause desyncs.

Q: Can I use it on a Mac?
A: Unfortunately not. No matter which method you use (mods menu, modspack), CP and therefore all mods that depend on it won't work on the Mac OS.

Q: Will savegames be compatible among different versions of the CPP (and therefore this modpack)?
A: This depends on the changes that were made, but the general answer is 'No'.
For this reason, previous versions will still be available here for download.

Q: Can I earn achievements while playing with this modpack in singleplayer?
A: Yes, all achievements should be unlockable.

Q: Can I play scenarios as well?
A: No, since the changes from CBP affect the gameplay a lot, trying to play a scenario is nothing else but a shortcut right to your desktop.
Or to make your computer explode. Not fully tested.

Credits:
All credits go to

Last edited:
Changelog:

v.9/27.2
-replaced all popups that could cause desyncs during multiplayer (e.g. certain policies give a fixed GP now)

v.1/3
-re-enabled popups
-steam achievements active by default in all modpacks

Great Work. However can you create a Modpack without EUI. My friend and I dont like the EUI during MP Games. It gives too much Information for us. :mischief:

Sure, if there is a high enough demand for that, I can do this!
I'll add a No-EUI-version tomorrow and just keep an eye on the number of downloads for both versions. :)

When you are creating your MP_MODSPACK do you have the UI_bc1 folder already loaded into the DLC folder?

Using the most recent update: I found that the first 3-5 turns ran without a hitch. Afterwards, you started to see lots of Desync errors (1/turn or so). Which logs can I post, if any, to be helpful?

Are there any particular tests I could run to see what does and doesn't cause the problem?

Details: tiny map; 2 human, 2 AI. City states. Barbs.

Thanks,

The Unholy Potato

Using the most recent update: I found that the first 3-5 turns ran without a hitch. Afterwards, you started to see lots of Desync errors (1/turn or so). Which logs can I post, if any, to be helpful?

Are there any particular tests I could run to see what does and doesn't cause the problem?

Details: tiny map; 2 human, 2 AI. City states. Barbs.

Thanks,

The Unholy Potato

Maybe the 3 logs that start with "net_" (connection/ message/ transport) could be helpful!
Could you try a game without AI-players?

edit: Are you using the EUI or No-EUI-version?

EUI version. No net_transport_debug logs.

Other logs are attached below.

I can see where the Desyncs occur, but I have no idea what to think of them.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    5.8 KB · Views: 305
Thank you!
Okay, I did a few tests myself, and while we got not a single reload (played ~50 turns) with the No-EUI-version (which I must admit is the one I usally do all my playtests with), they occured quite often with EUI.
So EUI might be the problem here!

Could you try the No-EUI-modpack instead and let me know if that helps? I'm pretty sure it will.. :think:

Thank you!
Okay, I did a few tests myself, and while we got not a single reload (played ~50 turns) with the No-EUI-version (which I must admit is the one I usally do all my playtests with), they occured quite often with EUI.
So EUI might be the problem here!

Could you try the C instead and let me know if that helps? I'm pretty sure it will.. :think:

I tested now the No-EUI-version with my friend. We got lots of Desync errors (1/turn ) after the 11 Turn. After that we both install a clean Civ V with only DLC MP_Pack but the same error. Sadly

The Game was: 6 AI und 2 Players with Clean Civ Install.

Just a few points to make sure that nothing else is the culprit:

-both of you are using a Windows PC (no Mac)?
-can you play an unmodded game without getting those desyncs? (under certain circumstances, vanilla Civ5 can desync a lot, too )
-have you manually deleted the Civ5-folder after Steam uninstalled the game? (Steam won't remove any additional files that are not part of the vanilla game)
-what are your game options? (raging barbs, no barbs..)

>>both Windows 10

-can you play an unmodded game without getting those desyncs? (under certain circumstances, vanilla Civ5 can desync a lot, too )
>>Unmodded Game ist no problem. But when I play alone a MP Game with only AI und your MP_Modpack I get no errors or desyncs. I played about 1000 rounds and also my friend.

-have you manually deleted the Civ5-folder after Steam uninstalled the game? (Steam won't remove any additional files that are not part of the vanilla game)
>>Yes we both manually deleted the Civ5-folder after Steam uninstalled the Game and other folders in my games.

>> normal barbs, 11 city states .

Furthermore I create my own MP_ModPack with MPMPM-Tool and i get the same errors and desyncs.

P.S. I live in Germany. My Englich is a litle bit limited . Sorry ;)

Oh right, have both of you set the game to English? :D
CBP only supports English, and maybe using another language could cause some minor problems that lead to desyncs.. and descriptions for social policies etc would not reflect the changes done by CBP, so switching the language is a requirement in any case.
It's worth a try! :)

Oh right, have both of you set the game to English? :D
CBP only supports English, and maybe using another language could cause some minor problems that lead to desyncs.. and descriptions for social policies etc would not reflect the changes done by CBP, so switching the language is a requirement in any case.
It's worth a try! :)

Of course we both play the game only in English.

Lynnes, you might try making and testing a mod pack with just the CP. I'm fairly certain the desyncs come from a CBP feature, but I need to do more to test it and figure out why/what it is.

We will do a few more tests later to see if we can get it running, but sure, I can add a CP-only version in any case! :)

>>both Windows 10

>>Unmodded Game ist no problem. But when I play alone a MP Game with only AI und your MP_Modpack I get no errors or desyncs. I played about 1000 rounds and also my friend.

>>Yes we both manually deleted the Civ5-folder after Steam uninstalled the Game and other folders in my games.

>> normal barbs, 11 city states .

Furthermore I create my own MP_ModPack with MPMPM-Tool and i get the same errors and desyncs.

Okay, it turned out that they were missing some of the required DLCs (including Wonders of the Ancient World)! :)

So as a short reminder to everyone who's experiencing desyncs: Please make sure you have all the Leader-DLCs and Wonders of the Ancient World
installed and activated! You'll need them to run CBP! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom