Art of the Possible

EQandcivfanatic

Zailing Captain
Retired Moderator

Introduction​

In 1812, Napoleon’s army marched into Russia, confident of victory against this dogged foe. Their confidence was rewarded after major French victories at the battles of Smolensk, Polotsk, and Borodino. These incredible and decisive French victories led to the capture of both Moscow and St. Petersburg, and Tsar Alexander was forced to sue for peace after he was captured by advancing French armies. Russia was forced to make severe concessions to France, including the resurrection of Poland, and the loss of Polish territories to the Duchy of Warsaw, in addition to the creation of several smaller French client states in the western Russian Empire. The decimation of Russia’s army establish the French forces as more powerful than ever, and the rest of Europe was forced to accept Napoleon’s hegemony, except for Britain. Despite other offensives and attempts to bring down Napoleon’s Europe, the Treaty of Paris in 1814 meant the end of open conflict and British withdrawal from the Continent.

The Treaty of Paris was meant to create a lasting peace in Europe, with French dominance over the continent, while the British went on to build the greatest global empire the world has ever seen. Napoleon’s death in 1822 led to a bitter power struggle and France lost much of the control it had over much of Central and Eastern Europe. Britain was never defeated and throughout the 19th century the United Kingdom and France were involved in a protracted conflict, which many referred to as the “Great Game” as they competed for land and influence across the world. In 1900, the British and French remain at each other’s throats, as a naval arms race has begun as newer and better ships are constructed by both sides. As these two powers compete, new ones rise to try to find their place in the sun. With the dawn of the 20th Century, a bitter and vicious conflict unrivaled since the days of Napoleon I may bathe the fields of Europe in blood.

Yes, it’s that time again. Time for a world-spanning 20th Century game by EQandCivfanatic. The last one of these was the highly popular and lengthy Capto Iugulum and I am hoping this one will rival its spiritual’s predecessor’s success. The goal is the same as always: to allow players to lead nations through the tumultuous times of an alternate 1900 to beyond. You will find that the world here is dominated by two massive superpowers, but the course is not always set out directly for a global war. It is written that politics is like chess, and chess is a game with fewer moves the better you are at it. Open warfare is but one tool in the arsenal you have in this game, and most of you will not be the powerhouses. You must take on your rivals and opponents with craft and skill, and not always on the field of battle. As is standard in my games, the ruleset you see below will not be the final ruleset for the entire game. Times change, and the rules must change with them as needed. New players are always welcome and I am more than happy to field any questions you may have about the game, how it works, and I will offer advice as requested, when I can without violating the inherent confidentiality of the mod/player Private Message relationship. I hope you all enjoy the game we have ahead of us!

Game Related Links
Background Thread
Treaty Social Group

List of Updates
Spoiler :

None Yet

The Rules of the Great Game

The Stats

The Format
Spoiler :

Nation Name: Player Name
Formal Name:
Government Type: Head of State
Head of Government [If Applicable]: Name
Legislature [If Applicable]: Majority Party/Coalition (Ideology)
Dominant Issues [Always at least one, never more than five]
-Issue #1
-Issue #2
Economic Points: Bank (Per Turn)
Industrial Capacity: #
Manpower: Used/Total Available
Supplies: # (Consumed Per Turn)
Fuel: # (Per Turn; Surplus or Consumption)
Alert: Mobilization Status
Army Size: # Infantry Divisions, # Cavalry Divisions (Total/Maximum)
Army Strength: % Intact
Army Doctrine:
Navy: List of Units
Navy Doctrine:
Colonies: Total EP/IC Production of Colonies
Spoiler :

Colony Name: EP/IC Production
-Governance: What type of rule is had over this colony
-Garrison: Local Units (Included in Army Size Section)
-Colonial Issue: Single Dominant Issue Only

Expeditionary Forces
Spoiler :

Expeditionary Force Name
-Theater of Operations: Location
-Unit Makeup: List of involved units

Projects:
Spoiler :

Name of Project
-Investment: Total Committed to Date/Total Required
-Summary: Brief Description of Project

Example
Spoiler :

Denmark: Dunebear
Formal Name: Kingdoms of Denmark and Norway
Absolute Monarchy: King Christian IX of Oldenburg (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Ethnic Tensions
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+44)
Industrial Capacity: 14
Manpower: 9/60
Supplies: 250 (-124)
Fuel: 40 (-19)
Alert: Peacetime
Army Size: 8 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Divisions (9/30)
Army Strength: 100%
Army Doctrine: Danish Army 1890
Navy: 4 Destroyer Squadrons, 3 Cruiser Squadrons, 3 Capital Ships
Navy Doctrine: High Seas Fleet 1890
Colonies: +14 EP
Spoiler :

Danish East Africa: +4 EP
-Governance: Local Governor
-Garrison: 1 Infantry Division
-Colonial Issue: Demands for Autonomy
Danish Gold Coast: +5 EP
Danish West Indies: +3 EP
-Governance: Direct Rule
-Garrison: 1 Destroyer Squadron
Iceland: +2 EP
-Governance: Local Legislature
-Garrison: None
-Colonial Issue: Labor Unrest

Governing Your Nation

There are two key elements of ruling your nation in this game. First, your type of government and regime change. All governments have a ruler or leader who commands the respect and authority of his nation. In some nations this is an elected official, in other it is passed down without the consent of the public. You do not have control over when a ruler dies in the case of the latter. Reforming your government is entirely up to you, but be aware that there are almost always forces in place that will contest your efforts. Political reform must be done delicately, or you will risk revolt, coup, or civil war. Now on the positive side, you do not lose your nation if your government in ousted, but the instability is rarely good for the economy and military.

In democracies, you can have both an elected ruler and a legislative body that can conflict or support that elected leader. Sometimes that leader is elected directly by the public, and sometimes they are selected by the legislative body. Election times are typically mandated by a nation’s constitution, but some nations can call snap elections should the situation be dire. You do not have control over the results of elections, but do know that acting out of character for your government’s ruling party/ideology will likely result in a backlash from the public. If people do not believe they can trust their elected officials to perform the jobs they were elected to do, radicalization of the public is almost a definite scenario.

The second key domestic section of stats for your nation are your Domestic Issues. These are not always crises, but are topics of heavy discussion and debate among your population. You will always have at least one domestic issue on your plate, but usually more. Domestic Issues can and will eventually turn into crises and problems which you will have to control. You can also take a proactive approach and confront these Issues head-on but beware, you risk turning the Issue into an active crisis if you confront the situation poorly. Obviously issues will change and disappear over the years as they become more or less relevant to your people.

Economic Points and Industrial Capacity

Economic Points represent the overall size of your economy more than anything. They are used for most of the spending you will be doing as a national ruler. Economic Points are used to develop projects, build units, and create military doctrines. All nations have some level of Economic Points and will never have zero, unless fighting a war in exile. Economic Points can be banked over the years and stored up for larger purchases, if that is what you choose to do.

Industrial Capacity is a completely different beast than Economic Points. This represents a higher level of industrial sophistication and production. IC cannot be banked, and must be used in an update or it is lost. Essentially this acts as “super-EP” producing more than regular EP can. 1 IC is equal to 3 EP when it comes to most production purposes. IC can replace EP in the production of units, and is in fact required for the creation of some units based on doctrine. IC cannot be used to accelerate projects, unless specifically stated dependent upon the project. IC cannot be traded between nations.

Resources: Manpower, Supplies, and Fuel

There are three cornerstone resources that will dictate your abilities to wage war and act as a major economic competitor. These are Manpower, Supplies, and Fuel. All three of these are vital strategic assets and tools for winning friends and influencing enemies. As the game progresses, more resources may emerge as they become relevant, but that is something that is still in the air at the time of this writing. The emergence of new resources will be dependent upon my timing and availability.

Manpower is not a standard finite resource. Instead, it functions as a cap for your nation, representing the amount of people in use for military purposes. Manpower is always double of what your army cap is, representing those who remain out of work while the army wages war. You will always have 1 Manpower per Division in use, even in peacetime. During periods of military mobilization you will be able to use manpower to recover lost Army Strength dependent upon your army size. The manpower will be used up until your cap is reached, and will not return to lower levels unless you are in a peacetime mobilization status. Be careful, when you are out of manpower you are dangerously close to losing a war of attrition. Manpower will be recalculated every 10 years for each nation. Manpower cannot be traded between nations.

Supplies, unlikely manpower and fuel, are not an inherent part of generation. You must use EP or IC to produce new supplies when needed. Supplies are essential for the constant maintenance of your military, and without them you will face serious problems. If you are unable to cover your supply costs, you will face serious consequences, including attrition of Army Strength, unrest, and significantly reduced combat ability of your armed forces. To that end, supplies are almost always destroyed when strategic warfare is conducted, as they are the most common resource and most likely to be targeted by enemy forces. Supplies can also be captured by or traded between other nations.
Supply Costs
1 EP = 5 Supplies
1 IC = 15 Supplies

Fuel, while fairly unimportant to everyone besides naval powers in 1900, is likely to become an increasingly powerful resource as the game progresses. I acknowledge that historically oil did not come into widespread use in the military until well after 1900, we’re breaking from history for the purpose of the mechanics. Fuel is consumed by vehicles of any shape and size and there is only a limited amount to go around in the world. More will likely be discovered over the years, and having a source of fuel will be vital for any nation seeking to maintain a strong and modern military. Fuel can be stockpiled and traded between countries. You also always have the option to burn your stockpiles to prevent capture if a war is going poorly. Running short of fuel in a modern war will usually bring any units that rely upon it to a screeching halt, to dire consequences on the field of battle.

Alert and Mobilization

All nations are always at one of three different stages of Alert as listed in their stats: Peacetime, Partial Mobilization, and Mobilization. Peacetime is the default stage for any nation at war, and is the best for your stability and economic development. Partial mobilization would be best for arming your nations after a period of recovery, getting ready for the next war. Full Mobilization is best used when in a desperate need to throw everything you can against a similarly prepared enemy. You do not have to go to Partial Mobilization between Peacetime and Full Mobilization nor vice versa. The effects of each stage of Alert are listed below:

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must publically declare on the thread at least 48-hours before the update order deadline listed on the front page if you are going to Full Mobilization. If you do not declare the mobilization on the thread, it will not be accepted and you will only go to Partial Mobilization.

Peacetime: Army Strength replenishes by 5% each turn automatically. All units are full cost as listed in Doctrines. Armies cannot be reinforced through sacrifice of EP or IC. Domestic Issues are somewhat less likely to turn into crises.

Partial Mobilization: All units, excepting Naval Units, are 50% off their total cost, rounded down. You can reinforce Army Strength through use of EP or IC, for costs as mentioned below. EP and IC will now produce double the amount of Supplies they would in Peacetime. While you will not be penalized for having Partial Mobilization while not being at war, you may find Domestic Issues are slightly more volatile.

Full Mobilization:All units, excepting Naval Units, are 75% off their total cost, rounded down. All IC requirements for all units, excepting Naval Units, are waived and no longer apply. You can reinforce Army Strength through use of EP or IC, for costs as mentioned below. EP and IC will now produce triple the amount of Supplies they would in Peacetime. Fuel production will be increased by 50%, representing a cessation of civilian traffic and beginning of rationing. Being Fully Mobilized and not at war will have devastating effects on your national stability and economy.

If you choose not to do the math on how much you would need to reinforce your armies, you can ask me and I will provide you with the exact amount required. Obviously, the larger the army, the higher the cost of reinforcement. Costs will be taken out of your IC and EP per turn. You can always specify the amount of IC and EP you are willing to lose in the turn to reinforce your losses, and just let me do the math when it comes time to update. That is likely the easiest way to go. Of course I love you long time if you figure it out yourself.

Militaries and Warfare

The two most important factors in warfare in this game are doctrines and your planning. Doctrines are discussed in detail in the relevant posts below, and I will refrain from rehashing them here. They affect how your forces behave in the battles that make up the campaigns you will fight, and of course the more that you tailor them to fit your circumstances, the better they will perform in the heat of combat. When creating or adopting a doctrine, you should be clear on exactly what that doctrine means for the circumstances you plan on fighting in. After you are familiar with what your forces you can do, you can more effectively plan the wars you want to fight. Know the terrain you are fighting in, and you have taken one more step towards victory. As for orders, you are free to be as detailed or as vague as you would like. HINT: I like maps with arrows on them when practical.

Colonial Empires

A few lucky nations control considerable possessions overseas from their homeland. These holdings are listed somewhat uniquely in your stats and provide a certain amount of profit and/or resources to your empire. The local stats and garrisons are included in the upper stats. Do be aware that an update takes a year’s worth of time, and it is entirely possible that attacked forces can be reinforced if you have only a small garrison or no permanent garrison in a region. Colonial regions only have a single Dominant Issue, which are usually not included in the main Issues listed at the top of your nation’s stats. All of the same advice and factors that apply to national issues, apply to Colonial ones too.

Projects and Research

So you’ve done a bunch of army related stuff and you still have a bunch of EP and IC remaining. What do you do with this? Well, first of all you can invest these economic stats into projects to help develop your nation. These mostly include government-sponsored public works or military related endeavors. Really, if you have an idea for developing your nation, let me know and I will happily go over the estimated costs for your endeavor. Examples of projects that would qualify here would be hydroelectric dams, largescale permanent border fortifications, or infrastructure development. The purpose of these projects can be myriad, including aiding the development of the economy, protecting the nation from invasion, or providing aid to the people in your country that need it most.

Research in this game is not done by a tech tree like in The World Turned Upside Down or by unit designs as in Capto Iugulum. Instead, most research and technological development will be outside the hands of players, and done by private entities and individuals throughout the world. On occasion, the thoughts of these brilliant minds will turn from peaceful projects to warfare. Under particular circumstances and with the private development of new technologies, you will receive Private Messages from myself after an update. In the private message a scientist will detail the idea for a new invention and request a certain amount of EP each year until research is complete. These projects can be a number of things, and may vary in effects and scope. As a word of warning, when one person completes a scientific research project two things can happen. If it’s a hard to control technology, the entire world will also be able to get the benefits of it after a certain amount of time (never more than five years) has passed. If it’s a very specialized technology or idea with a low profile, other nations will still have to do the long process of research before they can have the benefits.

Diplomacy and Player Interaction

For those new to my games, I do expect a few things out of players when interacting on the thread both in character and out of character. Here’s the ground rules:

1. All treaties between nations, if they are meant to be public to the people of your nation, need to be proposed and signed in thread by all signatories to the treaty. I am currently planning to create a social group to post signed treaties in, for easy reference and addition of signatures if applicable. Unlike Capto Iugulum, I’m actually planning on tracking all of the treaties signed in the thread to make sure I can reference them when needed.

2. For clarity’s sake, make sure that it’s clear who you are addressing in diplomatic comments in the thread. It is assumed that any diplomacy made in the thread is public and known to all other nations.

3. If other threads and/or social groups are created for the purpose of the game, assume that anything said/done in those threads or social groups are not public to anyone who isn’t a member, unless stated otherwise.

4. Don’t be an ass.

Updates, Orders, and Contact Information

At the time of writing I am unsure on how long updates will take for this game. I estimate at least two days per update. Unlike the past two games I’ve done, the order deadline is a hard deadline, not a soft one. Orders sent after the deadline date will not be accepted. Warnings will be posted in the thread for all of you to see. This is because of the mobilization rules, which require players to give at least 48 hours warning before the order deadline when they are going to Full Mobilization. As for orders, my recommendation is to send them by Private Message. Thanks to my Retired Moderator status, I will also be retaining all orders for five turns before deletion.

Speaking of Private Messages, if you have questions that is a surefire way to reach me, and I will always respond to them, if not always immediately. I will however, try to have responses within 24 hours of receiving the message on weekdays. Alternatively, I will be available on IOTchat usually between 6-8 PM Eastern Standard Time. I am always on Steam too, and my screenname there is surprise: EQandCivfanatic. If I am in a game, I may not respond immediately, but I will most of the time, just be aware that I may not receive the messages sent over that depending on the time of day or night, and that you have a better chance of response if sent by Private Message instead. My exception to this rule is Fallout 4. If you message me while playing Fallout 4, I swear I will bring unholy wrath down upon your nation. Any other game is fine though.

Starting World Map: 1900

Spoiler :

Army Doctrines​

All army doctrine stats are measured on a scale of 0 to 5. Each type of stat has an effect relevant to your forces and how they perform and maintain in combat. All stats are completely unlocked an open from Update 0, and you can select them at any level when creating a new doctrine. There is no limit or restriction on the amount of points you place into each stat, beyond what it will cost to maintain and build your units. The cost for creating a new doctrine is 50 EP + 1 EP per every division you have. IC cannot be used to create a new doctrine. On the other side of that, adopting a new doctrine from one created by another nation costs 2 EP per every division, assuming you have the original nation’s permission to adopt their doctrine. Costs for divisions, both in purchasing and supply are affected by the doctrine you possess. Divisions can be produced by one nation and traded to another, representing arms training and support, assuming that both nations share the same Doctrine. Lastly, as the game progresses, some types of divisions can only be purchased if you have a doctrine which has a certain level of stats.

Mobilization
Peacetime: All units are full cost, Army Strength automatically replenishes
Partial Mobilization: All units are 50% discounted in purchase costs. (Rounded Down)
Full Mobilization: All units are 75% discounted in purchase costs and all usual IC requirements for Infantry are eliminated. (Rounded Down)

Doctrine Stats
Fire Support: The emphasis your doctrine places upon the use of artillery and the amount of artillery in your unit. It provides additional firepower to your unit allowing them to attack harder targets with more success. Each point of Fire Support causes your units to cost an additional 1 EP to build. NOTE: having 0 in Fire Support does not mean that you have no artillery, just that you have very little and ineffective artillery.

Logistical Support: The emphasis your doctrine places upon logistical/hospital management and support for your units. This stat affects how well you are able to maintain longer and longer supply lines. Each point of Logistical Support will cause your units to consume an additional 1 supply each turn.

Specialization: This emphasizes the amount of specialized units and equipment that each of your divisions possesses. These include things like engineering brigades and other items and units that assist in specific scenarios. Each point of Specialization will increase the supply and fuel costs of your units by 1 each per turn.

Motorization: The amount of trucks and other vehicles used to move your divisions across the map. Each point of motorization causes your units to consume 1 extra unit of fuel each turn and an additional 1 EP to build.

Training: The training stat affects how much training your new divisions receive before they are considered to be combat ready. The higher your training stat the better your forces will perform in battle. Each point of Training will increase the cost of creating new divisions by 1 EP.

Extreme Weather Support: This stat affects how well your forces perform in extreme cold or hot climates, and they will fight better in more hostile environments. Each point of Extreme Weather Support causes your units to consume an additional 1 supply each turn.

Technology: This stat affects how integrated modern technologies and relevant training are into your units. This can mean all sorts of things from year to year, but staying on top of the latest innovations is a very expensive and difficult task. Your technology stat alone is not decisive and mostly just covers “support” technologies for units, such as small arms or medicine. Each point in Technology adds 1 IC to the cost of your units, and all units consume and additional 1 Supply each turn.

Centralization: This stat affects how much direct control and loyalty your central government has over the army. The lower your centralization, the more loyalty your soldiers have to their leaders than to the nation, but the more likely they are to take effective independent action if cut off. The higher your centralization, the more loyalty your government commands, but they also will be less effective when cut off from central command.
NOTE: Your officer corps will be very upset if you attempt to reform from a lower centralization level to a higher one. In unstable areas or if you do a massive change all at once, you could face a revolt in the military, which may lead to regime change or civil war.

Policing: This stat is a sliding scale between highly effective occupation tactics (5) and brutal repression of the occupied territories (0). A higher policing rating reflects a occupation designed to win hearts and minds, while a lower one involves shooting partisans and cracking down on the slightest dissent. Both ends of the spectrum have their own benefits and detractions, related to the region or area you are invading or occupying.

Available Doctrines​

Spoiler :

Austro-Hungarian Army 1890
Creator: Austria-Hungary
Fire Support: 3
Logistical Support: 1
Specialization: 0
Motorization: 0
Training: 3
Extreme Weather Support: 0
Technology: 3
Centralization: 4
Policing: 2
Costs
Infantry Division: 7 EP, 3 IC; 5 Supplies per Turn
Cavalry Division: 8 EP, 3 IC; 6 Supplies per Turn

French Army 1890
Creator: France
Fire Support: 4
Logistical Support: 4
Training: 5
Extreme Weather Support: 1
Technology: 4
Centralization: 5
Policing: 2
Costs
Infantry Division: 10 EP, 4 IC; 10 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 11 EP, 4 IC; 11 Supplies per turn

Polish Army 1890
Creator: Poland
Fire Support: 2
Training: 4
Extreme Weather Support: 2
Policing: 1
Costs
Infantry Division: 7 EP, 3 IC; 7 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 8 EP, 3 IC; 8 Supplies per turn

Prussian Army 1890
Creator: Prussia
Costs
Infantry Division: 9 EP, 4 IC; 7 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 10 EP, 4 IC; 8 Supplies per turn

Russian Army 1890
Creator: Russia
Fire Support: 1
Training: 2
Extreme Weather Support: 3
Technology: 1
Centralization: 1
Policing: 0
Costs
Infantry Division: 4 EP, 1 IC; 9 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 5 EP, 1 IC; 10 Supplies per turn

British Army 1890
Creator: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Logistical Support: 3
Technology: 5
Centralization: 3
Policing: 4
Costs
Infantry Division: 8 EP, 5 IC; 9 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 9 EP, 5 IC; 10 Supplies per turn

Brazilian Army 1890
Creator: Brazil
Logistical Support: 2
Extreme Weather Support: 2
Technology: 0
Costs
Infantry Division: 6 EP; 5 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 7 EP; 6 Supplies per turn

Confederate Army 1890
Creator: Confederate States of America
Technology: 2
Centralization: 2
Policing: 3
Costs
Infantry Division: 7 EP, 2 IC; 6 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 8 EP, 2 IC; 7 Supplies per turn

American Army 1890
Creator: United States of America
Costs
Infantry Division: 7 EP, 4 IC; 10 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 8 EP, 4 IC; 11 Supplies per turn

Ottoman Army 1890
Creator: Ottoman Empire
Fire Support: 1
Technology: 1
Centralization: 2
Costs
Infantry Division: 5 EP, 1 IC; 4 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 6 EP, 1 IC; 5 Supplies per turn

Chinese Army 1890
Creator: China
Fire Support: 0
Training: 2
Technology: 0
Centralization: 0
Costs
Infantry Division: 3 EP; 2 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 4 EP; 3 Supplies per turn

Japanese Army 1890
Creator: Japan
Costs
Infantry Division: 9 EP, 3 IC; 5 Supplies per turn
Cavalry Division: 10 EP, 3 IC; 6 Supplies per turn

Navy Units and Doctrines​

Navy doctrines are significantly less sophisticated than those of the armies, in terms of game mechanics. They do not affect price or supply costs of your units, but rather reflect the sorts of operations they could be the most effective at. All doctrines operate on a sliding scale of 0 to 5, with 0 being the “left” end of the scale and 5 being the “right” end of the scale. Your doctrine should be tailored towards the areas or types of operations that you would like your naval officers to be best trained for, and will affect their performance. As an example, you would not want to send a coast guard emphasized fleet out to wage war on the open ocean, as they would be at their least effective status in such a scenario. To develop a new doctrine it will cost 50 EP + 1 EP for every naval unit your fleet possesses. You may adopt another nation’s naval doctrine (or one of the generic doctrines) for 2 EP for every unit, assuming you have the relevant nation’s permission. As unit costs are not dependent upon doctrine, you can see the prices for all naval units below. Ships can be traded between any nation, regardless of existing doctrine.

Naval Unit Costs

Over time, naval vessels will have to be upgraded. Every ten years, a new generation of warships will emerge, regularly and on schedule. You will be allowed to upgrade old craft or simply build new ones to supplement the old. The way upgrading works is that ships can be scrapped for 50% of the cost used to build them, and then the returned IC can be used to immediately build new vessels.

Destroyer Squadron: A task force of smaller light warships typically best at escort and coastal patrol operations. Costs 2 IC to build. Requires 3 Supplies and 1 Fuel per turn to maintain

Cruiser Squadron: A task force of cruisers that act as a balance between capital ships for combat and destroyers for escorts. Costs 4 IC to build. Requires 6 Supplies and 2 Fuel per turn to maintain

Capital Ship: A dreadnought, battleship or whatever you would like to call them. These kings of the sea are the most effective at ship to ship combat and are the pride of the navies of 1900. Expensive to build and operate, they are still the most effective weapons for fighting on the high seas. Costs 8 IC to build. Requires 10 Supplies and 3 Fuel per turn to maintain.

Doctrine Stats

Interdiction/Escort: A low rating in this field indicates emphasis on intercepting merchant shipping and commerce, while a high rating in this field indicates emphasis on protecting merchant shipping.

Coastal Defense/High Seas Operation: A low rating in this field indicates emphasis on protection of coastlines, while a high rating in this field indicates emphasis on operating in open oceans.

Independent Command/Centralized Command: A low rating in this field indicates that each vessel’s captain is an independent operator, capable of making strategic decisions. A high rating in this field indicates that any action by a naval vessel must be approved of by high command.

Army Support/Independent Branch of Service: A low rating in this field indicates that the navy exists solely to support the army. A high rating in this field indicates that the navy is ferociously independent of any other branch of service.

High Rate of Fire/Highly Accurate Fire: A low rating in this field means that the fleet emphasizes putting a lot of lead in the air. A high rating in this field means that the fleet emphasizes accurate and well-aimed shots as opposed to a large number of shots.

Available Doctrines​

Spoiler :

High Seas Fleet 1890
Creator: Generic
Interdiction/Escort: 2
Coastal Defense/High Seas Operation: 3
Independent/Centralized Command: 1
Army Support/Independent Branch: 3
High Rate of Fire/Accurate Fire: 0

Coastal Defense Fleet 1890
Creator: Generic
Interdiction/Escort: 3
Coastal Defense/High Seas Operation: 1
Independent/Centralized Command: 3
Army Support/Independent Branch: 1
High Rate of Fire/Accurate Fire: 0

Europe

Spoiler :

Austria-Hungary: Terran_Empress
Formal Name: Kingdoms and Lands Represented in the Imperial Council and the Lands of the Holy Hungarian Crown of St. Stephen
Absolute Monarchy: Emperor Franz Joseph Habsburg (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Franz Ferdinand (Moderate)
Dominant Issues
-Ethnic Tensions
-Labor Unrest
-German Nationalism
Economic Points: 30 (+51)
Industrial Capacity: 15
Manpower: 12/288
Supplies: 143 (-82)
Fuel: 23 (-7; +220)
Army Size: 11 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (12/144)
Army Doctrine: Austro-Hungarian Army 1890
Navy: 5 Destroyer Squadrons, 1 Cruiser Squadron
Navy Doctrine: Coastal Defense Fleet 1890

Bavaria:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Bavaria
Absolute Monarchy: King Otto Wittelsbach (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Otto II (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-German Nationalism
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 20 (+20)
Industrial Capacity: 10
Manpower: 5/56
Supplies: 184 (-26)
Fuel: 0 (0)
Army Size: 4 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (5/28)
Army Doctrine: Austro-Hungarian Army 1890

Bohemia:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Bohemia
Absolute Monarchy: King Rudolph III Potocki (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Kasimir (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Anti-Polish Dissent
-German Nationalism
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+20)
Industrial Capacity: 11
Manpower: 3/68
Supplies: 194 (-21)
Army Size: 3 Infantry Divisions (3/34)
Army Doctrine: Polish Army 1890

Confederation of the Rhine: J.K. Stockholme
Absolute Monarchy: King George Wettin (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Frederick Augustus III (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-German Nationalism
-Regional Separatism
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+39)
Manpower: 11/176
Supplies: 239 (-111)
Army Size: 10 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (9/88)
Army Doctrine: French Army 1890

Courland:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Courland
Absolute Monarchy: King Joseph Czartoryski (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: John (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Anti-Polish Dissent
Economic Points: 4 (+8)
Industrial Capacity: 2
Manpower: 2/12
Supplies: 53 (-17)
Fuel: 44 (-1)
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions (2/6)
Navy: 1 Destroyer Squadron

Denmark: Dunebear
Formal Name: Kingdoms of Denmark and Norway
Absolute Monarchy: King Christian IX of Oldenburg (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Frederick VIII (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Ethnic Tensions
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 20 (+46)
Manpower: 10/64
Supplies: 152 (-193)
Fuel: 60 (-29)
Army Size: 9 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Divisions (10/32)
Navy: 8 Destroyer Squadrons, 3 Cruiser Squadrons, 5 Capital Ships
Colonies: +14 EP
Spoiler :

Danish East Africa: +4 EP
Danish Gold Coast: +5 EP
Danish West Indies: +3 EP
Iceland: +2 EP
-Governance: Local Legislature
-Colonial Issue: Labor Unrest

France: <nuke>
Formal Name: Empire of France
Absolute Monarchy: Emperor Napoleon IV Bonaparte (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Napoleon V (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Various Regional Nationalisms (German, Dutch, Flemish, Italian, Catalan)
-Labor Unrest
-Ethnic Tensions
-Government Reform
-Rivalry with Britain
Economic Points: 12 (+119)
Industrial Capacity: 30
Manpower: 45/432
Supplies: 2,157 (-1,147)
Fuel: 440 (-217; +590)
Army Size: 40 Infantry Divisions, 5 Cavalry Divisions (45/216)
Navy: 31 Destroyer Squadrons, 30 Cruiser Squadrons, 42 Capital Ships
Navy Doctrine: High Sees Fleet 1890
Colonies: +31 EP, +590 Fuel
Spoiler :

French North Africa: +7 EP
-Garrison: 2 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division
French Pacific Islands: +1 EP
-Governance: Regional Governors
-Garrison: 3 Destroyer Squadrons
-Colonial Issue: Foreign Traders
French Sub-Saharan Africa: +6 EP
-Garrison: 1 Infantry Division, 1 Cavalry Division
French West Indies: +3 EP
Indonesia: +12 EP, +590 Fuel
-Garrison: 3 Infantry Divisions, 5 Destroyer Squadrons, 3 Cruiser Squadrons, 5 Capital Ships
-Colonial Issue: Tribal Unrest
Madagascar: +2 EP
-Governance: Governor
-Garrison: 1 Infantry Division, 1 Destroyer Squadron, 1 Cruiser Squadron

Greece:
Formal Name: Hellenic Republic of Greece
Parliamentary Republic: Prime Minister Georgios Theotokis
Parliament: Modernist Party (Moderate)
Dominant Issues
-Ottoman Oppression of Balkans
-Labor Unrest
-Greek Nationalism
Economic Points: 0 (+11)
Industrial Capacity: 6
Manpower: 5/30
Supplies: 60 (-60)
Fuel: 25 (-5)
Army Size: 4 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (5/15)
Army Doctrine: British Army 1890
Navy: 3 Destroyer Squadrons, 1 Cruiser Squadron

Italy: Nailix
Formal Name: Kingdom of Italy
Absolute Monarchy: King Conrad III de Beauharnais (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Auguste III (Militarist)
Dominant Issues
-Anti-French Dissent
-Italian Nationalism
Economic Points: 3 (+23)
Manpower: 7/110
Supplies: 129 (-71)
Army Size: 6 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (7/55)
Projects:
Spoiler :

Infrastructure Project I:
-Investment: 15 EP
-Summary: This project will improve the roadways throughout Italy, starting with the capital and working its way out through the major cities and farther out.

Livonia:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Livonia
Absolute Monarchy: King Michael II de Tolly (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Stephen (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Polish-Russian Economic and Political Rivalry
Economic Points: 4 (+12)
Industrial Capacity: 1
Manpower: 4/30
Supplies: 84 (-36)
Army Size: 4 Infantry Divisions (4/15)

Moldovia:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Moldovia
Absolute Monarchy: King Dimitrie III Cantemire&#537;ti (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Dimitrie IV (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Labor Unrest
-Anti-Polish Dissent
Economic Points: 10 (+9)
Manpower: 3/22
Supplies: 59 (-21)
Army Size: 3 Infantry Divisions (3/11)

Naples:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Naples
Absolute Monarchy: King Achille II Murat (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Joachim II (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Anti-French Dissent
-Italian Nationalism
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+33)
Industrial Capacity: 8
Manpower: 10/132
Supplies: 144 (-101)
Army Size: 9 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (10/66)

Poland: TheLastJacobite
Formal Name: Kingdom of Poland
Absolute Monarchy: King John III Poniatowski (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Stanislaw III (Militarist)
Dominant Issues
-Labor Unrest
-Ethnic Tensions
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 46 (+65)
Industrial Capacity: 24
Manpower: 18/314
Supplies: 350 (-175)
Fuel: 30 (-16)
Army Size: 14 Infantry Divisions, 4 Cavalry Divisions (18/157)
Navy: 4 Destroyer Squadrons, 3 Cruiser Squadrons, 2 Capital Ships
Colonies: +5 EP
Spoiler :

Polish Kongo: +5 EP
-Governance: Appointed Governor
-Garrison: 1 Infantry Division , 1 Destroyer Squadron
-Colonial Issue: Colonial Autonomy

Portugal: Warriorx1
Formal Name: Kingdom of Portugal
Absolute Monarchy: King Michael II Braganza (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
Heir Apparent: Miguel III (Moderate)
-Anti-French Dissent
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+29)
Manpower: 6/64
Supplies: 274 (-131)
Fuel: 56 (-24; +30)
Army Size: 5 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (6/32)
Navy: 6 Destroyer Squadrons, 3 Cruiser Squadrons, 4 Capital Ships
Colonies: +19 EP, +30 Fuel
Spoiler :

Gao: +4 EP
-Colonial Issue: British Economic Dominance
Macau: +8 EP
-Garrison: 1 Destroyer Squadron, 1 Cruiser Squadron
-Colonial Issue: Chinese Instability
Portuguese East Africa: +3 EP
Portuguese West Africa: +2 EP
Timor: +2 EP, +30 Fuel
-Colonial Issue: French Economic Pressure

Projects:
Spoiler :

Industrial Grants:
-Investment: 4 EP
-Summary: The government has put its support behind businesses and offers them grants to purchase new industrial equipment that will increase overall production capacity.
Labor Support Grants:
-Investment: 4 EP
-Summary: The government has offered grants to companies who build more factories for Portuguese workers. The goal of the program is to spur private sector growth and a push towards greater industrialization.

Prussia: Justo
Formal Name: Kingdom of Prussia
Parliamentary Monarchy: King Wilhelm II Hohenzollern (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Wilhelm III (Moderate)
Head of Government: Chancellor Helmuth von Moltke
Parliament: Free-Minded People&#8217;s Party (Liberal)
Dominant Issues
-German Nationalism
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 20 (+31)
Industrial Capacity: 11
Manpower: 11/94
Supplies: 208 (-104)
Fuel: 32 (-8)
Army Size: 9 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (11/47)
Army Doctrine: Prussian Army 1890
Navy: 3 Destroyer Squadrons, 1 Cruiser Squadron, 1 Capital Ship
Colonies: +4 EP
Spoiler :

Kameroon: +4 EP

Russia: Ahigin
Formal Name: Empire of Russia
Absolute Monarchy: Tsar Vladimir Romanov (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Alexander III (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Ethnic Tensions
-Religious Tensions
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 5 (+131)
Industrial Capacity: 4
Manpower: 53/564
Supplies: 1,089 (-541)
Fuel: 30 (-18; +310)
Army Size: 45 Infantry Divisions, 8 Cavalry Divisions (53/282)
Army Doctrine: Russian Army 1890
Navy: 6 Destroyer Squadrons, 3 Cruiser Squadrons, 2 Capital Ships
Projects:
Spoiler :

Education Reform Program
-Investment: 10 EP
-Summary: A major effort to bring education and enlightenment, by establishing new schools for people of all ages and classes, combined with a cohesive program of teaching.
Great Siberian Way
-Investment: 15 EP/350 EP (IC can be used, counting as 3 EP each)
-Summary: A major railroad and infrastructure project designed to connect western Russia with the riches of Siberia.

Sardinia:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Sardinia
Absolute Monarchy: King Victor Emannuelle Savoy (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Yolanda I (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-French-British Rivalry
-Labor Unrest
-Italian Nationalism
Economic Points: 4 (+4)
Manpower: 1/6
Supplies: 41 (-9)
Army Size: 1 Infantry Division (1/3)

Sicily:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Sicily
Absolute Monarchy: Queen Cristina Bourbon (Moderate)
Heir Apparent: Francis III (Liberal)
Dominant Issues
-Labor Unrest
-Italian Nationalism
Economic Points: 3 (+5)
Manpower: 1/10
Supplies: 41 (-9)
Fuel: 24 (-1)
Army Size: 1 Infantry Division (1/5)
Navy: 1 Destroyer Squadron

Spain: Tolni
Formal Name: Kingdom of Spain
Absolute Monarchy: Queen Isabella II Bourbon (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Isabella III (Moderate)
Dominant Issues
-Anti-French Dissent
-Labor Unrest
-Political Reform
Economic Points: 18 (+36)
Industrial Capacity: 7
Manpower: 13/190
Supplies: 325 (-250)
Fuel: 43 (-37)
Army Size: 10 Infantry Divisions, 3 Cavalry Divisions (13/95)
Navy: 7 Destroyer Squadrons, 6 Cruiser Squadrons, 6 Capital Ships
Colonies: +11 EP
Spoiler :

Philippines: +5 EP
-Garrison: 2 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division, 2 Destroyer Squadrons, 3 Cruiser Squadrons, 1 Capital Ship
Colonial Issue: Independence
Spanish Africa: +1 EP
-Governance: Local Governors
Spanish West Indies: +5 EP
-Garrison: 3 Infantry Divisions, 2 Destroyer Squadrons, 1 Cruiser Squadron
-Colonial Issue: Independence

Sweden:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Sweden
Absolute Monarchy: King Oscar II Bernadotte (Moderate)
Heir Apparent: Gustaf V (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Finnish Nationalism
-Border Tensions
-Labor Unrest
-Political Reform
Economic Points: 0 (+24)
Industrial Capacity: 6
Manpower: 10/86
Supplies: 207 (-98)
Fuel: 16 (-9)
Army Size: 9 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (10/43)
Navy: 5 Destroyer Squadrons, 2 Cruiser Squadrons

Switzerland:
Formal Name: Free Swiss Republic
Constitutional Republic: President Walter Hauser (Liberal)
Diet: Social-Democratic Group (Liberal)
Dominant Issues
-Anti-French Dissent
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 4 (+4)
Industrial Capacity: 5
Manpower: 4/38
Supplies: 62 (-28)
Army Size: 4 Infantry Divisions (4/19)

Ukraine: theDright
Formal Name: Kingdom of Ukraine
Absolute Monarchy: King Kasimir Kalinowski (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Kasimir II (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Anti-Polish Dissent
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 25 (+35)
Industrial Capacity: 0
Manpower: 15/204
Supplies: 375 (-145)
Fuel: 31 (+90)
Army Size: 10 Infantry Divisions, 5 Cavalry Divisions (15/102)

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland: Masada
Parliamentary Monarchy: Queen Victoria Hanover (Moderate)
Heir Apparent: Edward VII (Conservative)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Henry Campbell-Bannerman
Parliament: Liberal Party and Coalition (Liberal)
Dominant Issues
-Rivalry with France
-Labor Unrest
-Affairs of the Empire
-Boer War
Economic Points: 3 (+134)
Industrial Capacity: 49
Manpower: 33/618
Supplies: 2,458 (-1,227)
Fuel: 663 (-287; +70)
Army Size: 25 Infantry Divisions, 8 Cavalry Divisions (33/309)
Army Strength: 98%
Navy: 44 Destroyer Squadrons, 30 Cruiser Squadrons, 61 Capital Ships
Colonies: +93 EP, +3 IC, +70 Fuel
Spoiler :

Australia: +8 EP, +1 IC
Belize: +1 EP
-Colonial issue: Colonial Autonomy
British China: +13 EP
-Garrison: 5 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions, 5 Destroyer Squadrons, 5 Cruiser Squadrons, 3 Capital Ships
-Colonial Issue: Chinese Instability
British India: +40 EP, +70 Fuel
-Governance: The British Raj
-Garrison: 8 Infantry Divisions, 3 Cavalry Divisions
British Indian Ocean Islands: +1 EP
-Governance: Appointed Governors
-Colonial Issue: Foreign Trade
British Indonesia: +3 EP
-Governance: Local Rulers
-Garrison: 1 Infantry Division, 5 Destroyer Squadrons, 5 Cruiser Squadrons, 5 Capital Ships
British Pacific Islands: +1 EP
-Colonial Issue: Foreign Threats
British South Atlantic Islands: +1 EP
-Colonial Issue: Foreign Claims on Territory
British West Africa: +2 EP
British West Indies: +5 EP
-Governance: Local Governors
-Garrison: 1 Infantry Division, 3 Destroyer Squadrons, 1 Cruiser Squadron
-Colonial Issue: Caribbean Slave Trade
Greater Egypt: +9 EP
-Governance: Local Rulers
-Garrison: 2 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division
New Zealand: +2 EP, +1 IC
Nigeria: +3 EP
-Colonial Issue: Tribal Unrest
Sandwich Islands: +2 EP
-Garrison: 1 Infantry Division, 3 Destroyer Squadrons, 2 Cruiser Squadrons, 2 Capital Ships
South Africa: +2 EP, +1 IC
-Garrison: 2 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division, 2 Destroyer Squadrons
-Colonial Issue: Boer Unrest

Westphalia: Bair_the_Normal
Formal Name: Kingdom of Westphalia
Parliamentary Monarchy: King Jerome IV Bonaparte (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Ludwig (Moderate)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Johannes Versmann
Parliament: National Party of Order (Conservative)
-German Nationalism
-Labor Unrest
-Political Reform
Economic Points: 10 (+33)
Industrial Capacity: 13
Manpower: 6/62
Supplies: 101 (-81)
Fuel: 8 (-7)
Army Size: 6 Infantry Divisions (6/31)
Navy: 3 Destroyer Squadrons, 2 Cruiser Squadrons
Colonies: Total EP/IC Production of Colonies
Spoiler :

Westphalian West Africa: +3 EP

Projects:
Spoiler :

Stahlbahn:
-Investment: 22/90 EP (IC can be used on this project, each IC counting as 3 EP)
-Summary: A new railroad and railroad infrastructure developed to improve industrial production and development.

The Americas

Spoiler :

Argentina:
Formal Name: Republic of Argentina
Presidential Dictatorship: President Bartolome Mitre (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
-Labor Unrest
-Political Reform
Economic Points: 15 (+18)
Industrial Capacity: 4
Manpower: 6/52
Supplies: 155 (-85)
Fuel: 48 (-17)
Army Size: 5 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (6/26)
Army Doctrine: Brazilian Army 1890
Navy: 4 Destroyer Squadrons, 2 Cruiser Squadrons, 3 Capital Ships

Brazil: Sonereal
Formal Name: Republic of Brazil
Military Dictatorship: General Arthur Guimarães (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Slavery
-Tribal Unrest
-Border Tensions
-Military Rule
-Foreign Economic Dominance
Economic Points: 0 (+40)
Manpower: 9/170
Supplies: 230 (-112)
Fuel: 45 (-22)
Army Size: 7 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (9/85)
Navy: 6 Destroyer Squadrons, 2 Cruiser Squadrons, 4 Capital Ships
Projects:
Spoiler :

Rural Infrastructure Program
-Investment: 11 EP
-Summary: Expand urban service coverage to the surrounding towns and rural areas, also improving the infrastructure that brings the products of the countryside to our coasts and ports for export.
Urban Infrastructure Program
-Investment: 15 EP
-Summary: General improvement of the country's cities such as hospitals, police stations, and critical infrastructure like sewers, roads, and bridges.

Canada:
Formal Name: Republic of Canada
Constitutional Republic: President Wilfrid Laurier (Moderate)
Congress: Liberal Party (Liberal)
Dominant Issues
-American Economic Dominance
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+15)
Manpower: 5/60
Supplies: 53 (-27)
Fuel: 21 (-4)
Army Size: 4 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (5/30)
Army Doctrine: American Army 1890
Navy: 2 Destroyer Squadrons, 1 Cruiser Squadron

Chile:
Formal Name: Republic of Chile
Constitutional Republic: President Ramón Luco (Liberal)
Congress: Liberal Alliance (Liberal)
Dominant Issues
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+9)
Manpower: 3/32
Supplies: 138 (-92)
Fuel: 15 (-20)
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (3/16)
Navy: 4 Destroyer Squadrons, 2 Cruiser Squadrons, 4 Capital Ships

Colombia: ycleptic
Formal Name: Republic of Colombia
Military Government: General Leon Crea (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Competing North American Business Interests
-Political Reform
-Urban Unemployment
Economic Points: 2 (+18)
Manpower: 5/50
Supplies: 62 (-38)
Fuel: 10 (-5)
Army Size: 4 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Divisions (5/25)
Navy: 3 Destroyer Squadrons, 1 Cruiser Squadron

Confederate States of America: Thomas.berubeg
Constitutional Republic: President Benjamin Tillman (Conservative)
Congress: Democratic Party (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Slavery
-Labor Unrest
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 0 (+69)
Industrial Capacity: 20
Manpower: 14/184
Supplies: 449 (-251)
Fuel: 93 (-52; +50)
Army Size: 11 Infantry Divisions, 3 Cavalry Divisions (14/142)
Army Doctrine: Confederate Army 1890
Navy: 8 Destroyer Squadrons, 10 Cruiser Squadrons, 8 Capital Ships
Projects:
Spoiler :

National Railroad Network
-Investment: 34 EP
-Summary: New railroads to be extended to remote areas and an improvement of existing infrastructure.

Ecuador:
Formal Name: Republic of Ecuador
Presidential Dictatorship: Preisdent Antonio Jijón (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Labor Unrest
-Border Tensions
Manpower: 2/14
Supplies: 58 (-22)
Fuel: 27 (-3)
Army Size: 1 Infantry Division, 1 Cavalry Division (2/7)
Navy: 1 Destroyer Squadron, 1 Cruiser Squadron

El Salvador:
Formal Name: Republic of El Salvador
Constitutional Republic: President Rafael Gutiérrez (Conservative)
Congress: National Conservative Party (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 0 (+5)
Manpower: 1/12
Supplies: 30 (-5)
Army Size: 1 Infantry Division (1/6)

Guatemala:
Formal Name: Republic of Guatemala
Parliamentary Republic: Prime Minister Manuel Cabrera
Parliament: Free Democracy Party (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 0 (+7)
Supplies: 40 (-5)

Haiti:
Formal Name: Republic of Haiti
Constitutional Republic: President Tirésias Sam (Liberal)
Congress: National Party (Liberal)
Dominant Issues
-Labor Unrest
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 7 (+8)
Manpower: 2/10
Supplies: 25 (-10)
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions (2/5)

Honduras:
Formal Name: Republic of Honduras
Military Dictatorship: General Jose Bustillo (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 0 (+4)
Supplies: 10 (-5)

Mexico:
Formal Name: United States of Mexico
Constitutional Republic: President Bernardo Reyes (Liberal)
Congress: National Democratic Party (Liberal)
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
-Labor Unrest
-Provincial Separatism
Economic Points: 15 (+39)
Manpower: 8/126
Supplies: 207 (-103)
Fuel: 45 (-10)
Army Size: 6 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (8/63)
Navy: 3 Destroyer Squadrons, 2 Cruiser Squadrons, 1 Capital Ship

Murilla:
Formal Name: Free Republic of Murilla
Presidential Dictatorship: President José Pando
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
-Rampant Poverty
Manpower: 2/14
Supplies: 40 (-10)
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions (2/7)

Nicaragua: bestshot9
Formal Name: Kingdom of Nicaragua and Subject Territories
Absolute Monarchy: King William II Walker (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: William III (Moderate)
Dominant Issues
-Slavery
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 5 (+7)
Manpower: 2/10
Supplies: 28 (-12)
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions (2/5)

Paraguay: Grandkhan
Formal Name: Republic of Paraguay
Presidential Dictatorship: President Pedro Bobadilla (Moderate)
Dominant Issues
-Provincial Separatism
-Border Tensions
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+27)
Industrial Capacity: 7
Manpower: 9/48
Supplies: 361 (-164)
Fuel: 57 (-23)
Army Size: 7 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (9/24)
Navy: 6 Destroyer Squadrons, 4 Cruiser Squadrons, 3 Capital Ships
Projects:
Spoiler :

Grand Parana Dam and Locks System
-Investment: 6/300 EP (IC Can be Invested in this Project, acting as 3 EP each)
-Summary: A massive hydroelectric dam over the Parana River, accompanied by a series of canals and locks to allow the river to continue to be navigable by boat traffic.

Peru: Amesjay
Formal Name: Republic of Peru
Military Dictatorship: General Manuel Candamo (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Labor Unrest
-Political Reform
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 10 (+20)
Manpower: 5/40
Supplies: 103 (-47)
Fuel: 46 (-7; +60)
Army Size: 4 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (5/20)
Projects:
Spoiler :

Port Enhancement Program:
-10 EP Invested
-Summary: To enhance and expand Peruvian ports and facilities to allow for a greater number of exports and imports.

United States of America: Immaculate
Constitutional Republic: President Theodore Roosevelt (Liberal)
Congress: Democratic Party (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Slavery in the CSA
-Border Tensions
-Labor Unrest
-Racial Tensions
Economic Points: 26 (+79)
Industrial Capacity: 37
Manpower: 17/550
Supplies: 341 (-419)
Fuel: 289 (-81; +240)
Army Size: 14 Infantry Divisions, 3 Cavalry Divisions (17/275)
Navy: 18 Destroyer Squadrons, 12 Cruiser Squadrons, 13 Capital Ships
Colonies: +2 EP
Spoiler :

Santo Domingo: 2 EP
-Governance: Military Rule
-Garrison: 3 Infantry Divisions, 2 Destroyer Squadrons, 1 Cruiser Squadron
-Colonial Issue: Independence
South American Naval Bases
-Governance: Military Rule
-Garrison: 6 Destroyer Squadrons, 2 Cruiser Squadrons
-Colonial Issue: Local economy factors

Venezuela:
Formal Name: Republic of Venezuela
Presidential Dictatorship: President Phillip Howard (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Confederate Economic/Political Domination
-Slavery
Economic Points: 61 (+8)
Manpower: 3/30
Supplies: 42 (-18)
Fuel: 520 (+1,080)
Army Size: 3 Infantry Divisions (3/15)

Africa and the Middle East

Spoiler :

Afghanistan:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Afghanistan
Absolute Monarchy: King Nasrullah Khan (Militarist)
Heir Apparent: Amanullah (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
-Tribal Unrest
Economic Points: 6 (+11)
Manpower: 5/54
Supplies: 53 (-22)
Army Size: 3 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (5/27)
Army Doctrine: Ottoman Army 1890

Boer Republic
Formal Name: United Republics of the Boer People
Parliamentary Republic: President Paul Kruger
Congress: Independence Coalition (Moderate)
Dominant Issues:
-War for Independence
Manpower: 4/10
Supplies: 100 (-38)
Alert: Full Mobilization
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (4/5)
Army Strength: 88%

Dervish State
Formal Name: United Dervish State of the Horn of Africa
Absolute Monarchy: King Mohammed Hassan (Militarist)
Heir Apparent: None
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
Economic Points: 2 (+4)
Manpower: 2/8
Supplies: 22 (-8)
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions (2/4)

Ethiopia: JohannaK
Formal Name: Ethiopian Empire
Absolute Monarchy: Emperor Menelik II of Solomon (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Iyasu V (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
-Foreign Business Intrusion
Economic Points: 0 (+25)
Manpower: 6/44
Supplies: 119 (-56)
Fuel: 30 (0)
Army Size: 4 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (6/22)
Projects:
Spoiler :

National Water and Irrigation Program
-Investment: 10 EP
-Summary: Construction of dams, wells, irrigation, and canals to help improve the regulation and distribution of water in Ethiopia

Liberia:
Formal Name: Republic of Liberia
Presidential Dictatorship: President Joseph Ross (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Tribal Unrest
Economic Points: 10 (+12)
Supplies: 24 (-6)
Army Size: 1 Infantry Division (1/3)

Morocco:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Morocco
Absolute Monarchy: Sultan Abdelaziz Alaoui (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Border Tensions
-European Intervention
-Tribal Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+23)
Manpower: 3/88
Supplies: 30 (-13)
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (3/44)

Oman:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Muscat and Oman
Absolute Monarchy: Sultan Faisal bin Turki al Said (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Taimur bin Feisal (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Tribal Unrest
-Religious Unrest
Supplies: 24 (-6)
Army Size: 1 Cavalry Division (1/3)

Ottoman Empire: Decamper
Absolute Monarchy: Sultan Abdul Hamid II Osman (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Mehmed V (Militarist)
Dominant Issues
-Ethnic Unrest
-Religious Unrest
-Political Reform
-Military Disloyalty
-Tribal Unrest
Economic Points: 0 (+92)
Manpower: 25/338
Supplies: 278 (-197)
Fuel: 61 (-29)
Army Size: 20 Infantry Divisions, 5 Cavalry Divisions (25/169)
Navy: 6 Destroyer Squadrons, 4 Cruiser Squadrons, 5 Capital Ships
Projects:
Spoiler :

Industrialization Program
-Investment: 12 EP
-Summary: The extensive construction of factories and shipyards along the Mediterranean coast, mostly concentrated in Anatolia.

Persia: SouthernKing
Formal Name: Kingdom of Persia
Absolute Monarchy: Shah Ahmad Qajar (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Reza Shah Pahlavi (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Ethnic Tensions
-Border Tensions
-Religious Unrest
-Foreign Control of Resources
Economic Points: 54 (+71)
Manpower: 12/100
Supplies: 150 (-72)
Fuel: 128 (-7; +200)
Army Size: 9 Infantry Divisions, 3 Cavalry Divisions (12/50)
Army Strength: 99%
Projects:
Spoiler :

Tehran/Baku Railroad
-Investment: 40/210 EP invested (IC can be used for this project, 1 IC =3 EP)
-Summary: A new and modern railroad traveling from the capital of Persia to the oilfields at Baku.

The Far East

Spoiler :

Anhui
Military Dictatorship: Duan Qirui (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-War in China
-Western Influences
Economic Points: 0 (+18)
Manpower: 24/760
Supplies: 0 (-48)
Army Size: 22 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (24/380)
Army Doctrine: Chinese Army 1890

Bhutan:
Theocracy: Druk Desi Sangye Dorji (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-British Dominance
-Tribal Unrest
Economic Points: 7 (+8)
Manpower: 1/4
Supplies: 8 (-2)
Army Size: 1 Infantry Division (1/2)

China: christos
Formal Name: The Qing Empire
Absolute Monarchy: Empress Xiaodingjing (Reactionary)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
-Western Influences
-Border Tensions
Manpower: 6/230
Supplies: 0 (-12)
Army Size: 5 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (6/115)

Fujian
Military Dictatorship: Zhang Zuolin (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
-Western Influences
Economic Points: 0 (+21)
Manpower: 16/660
Supplies: 0 (-32)
Army Size: 15 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (16/330)

Gansu
Military Dictatorship: Tan Haoming (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Economic Points: 0 (+8)
Manpower: 6/224
Supplies: 0 (-12)
Army Size: 6 Infantry Divisions (6/112)

Guangdong
Government Type: Chen Jiongming (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
-Western Influences
Economic Points: 0 (+23)
Manpower: 37/920
Supplies: 0 (-77)
Army Size: 34 Infantry Divisions, 3 Cavalry Divisions (37/460)

Guangxi
Military Dictatorship: Chen Bingkun (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Manpower: 12/360
Supplies: 0 (-24)
Army Size: 12 Infantry Divisions (12/180)

Guizhou
Military Dictatorship: Tien Dulun (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Manpower: 5/180
Supplies: 0 (-10)
Army Size: 5 Infantry Divisions (5/90)

Hubei
Military Dictatorship: Wang Zhanyuan (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Manpower: 11/230
Supplies: 0 (-23)
Army Size: 10 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (11/230)

Hunan
Government Type: Gao Zian (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Economic Points: Bank (Per Turn)
Manpower: 13/630
Supplies: 0 (-27)
Army Size: 12 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (13/315)

Japan: Shadowbound
Formal Name: Empire of Japan
Absolute Monarchy: Emperor Meiji (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Taish&#333; (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Imperial Growth
-Foreign Competition
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 20 (+60)
Industrial Capacity: 29
Manpower: 35/462
Supplies: 554 (-326)
Fuel: 46 (-54)
Army Size: 30 Infantry Divisions, 5 Cavalry Divisions (35/231)
Army Doctrine: Japanese Army 1890
Navy: 10 Destroyer Squadrons, 7 Cruiser Squadrons, 10 Capital Ships
Colonies: +4 EP
Spoiler :

Formosa: +3 EP
Japanese Pacific Islands (Not Including Home Islands): +1 EP
-Colonial Issue: Foreign Trade Competition

Jiangsu
Military Dictatorship: Yao Shan (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Economic Points: 0 (+14)
Manpower: 13/570
Supplies: 0 (-26)
Army Size: 13 Infantry Divisions (13/285)

Kiangsi
Military Dictatorship: Sang Tsun-chung (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Economic Points: 0 (+6)
Manpower: 7/340
Supplies: 0 (-14)
Army Size: 7 Infantry Divisions (7/170)

Korea: Blaze_Injun
Formal Name: Korean Empire
Absolute Monarchy: Emperor Gwangmu (Conservative)
Heir Apparent: Sunjong (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Anti-Western Tensions
-End of Slavery
Economic Points: 0 (+41)
Manpower: 15/132
Supplies: 208 (-92)
Army Size: 13 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (15/66)

Mongolia
Theocracy: The 8th Bogd Khan (Religious)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
-Border Tensions
Manpower: 5/110
Supplies: 0 (-15)
Army Size: 5 Cavalry Divisions (5/55)

Nepal:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Nepal
Absolute Monarchy: Prime Minister Prithvi Shaw (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-British Political/Economic Dominance
-Political Reform
-Labor Unrest
Economic Points: 2 (+8)
Manpower: 3/52
Supplies: 63 (-27)
Army Size: 3 Infantry Divisions (3/26)

Siam:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Siam
Absolute Monarchy: King Rama VII Chakri (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-British/French Rivalry
-Religious Unrest
Economic Points: 11 (+25)
Manpower: 7/80
Supplies: 149 (-71)
Army Size: 6 Infantry Divisions, 1 Cavalry Division (7/40)

Shaanxi
Military Dictatorship: Kau Yaochuan (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Economic Points: 0 (+3)
Manpower: 5/120
Army Size: 5 Infantry Divisions (5/60)

Sichuan
Military Dictatorship: Lung Longwei (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Manpower: 10/190
Supplies: 0 (-20)
Army Size: 10 Infantry Divisions (10/95)

Tibet
Theocracy: 13th Dalai Lama (Religious)
Dominant Issues
-Western Influences
-Instability in China
-Border Tensions
Manpower: 2/70
Supplies: 0 (-4)
Alert: Peace Time
Army Size: 2 Infantry Divisions (2/35)

Vietnam:
Formal Name: Kingdom of Vietnam
Absolute Monarchy: King Thành Thái Nguyen (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-British/French Rivalry
-Religious Unrest
-Provincial Separatism
-Foreign Control of Business
Economic Points: 25 (+31)
Manpower: 9/122
Supplies: 124 (-56)
Army Size: 7 Infantry Divisions, 2 Cavalry Divisions (9/61)

Yunnan
Military Dictatorship: Mak Xue (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
Manpower: 5/130
Army Size: 5 Infantry Divisions (5/65)

Zhejiang
Military Dictatorship: Hua Jian (Conservative)
Dominant Issues
-Instability in China
-Western Influences
Manpower: 8/460
Supplies: 0 (-16)
Army Size: 8 Infantry Divisions (8l/230)

I'm going to try to actually keep this thread relevant over time, so hurrah for holding posts.

All work and no play makes EQ a dull boy.
Spoiler :

Going to need one more.

As of after this post, you may now post. Just be aware that some of the proposed rules, maps, and stats have changed since the background thread discussion, because of said discussion. Shall we get this party started?

República Mexicana reporting in.

Almost forgot to mention, if anyone would like to contest any of the stats as they currently exist, the time to do it is before the first update. I will be far more open to stat changes in the next six days than I will be afterward. Make sure you can justify the changes you want made.

Nitpick: The entire Qajar dynasty never used the title "sultan." Shah is the correct title

edit: Also it might just be me but Persia and Ottomans' colours are rather difficult to tell apart on the map.

The USA is present.

From Philip Andrews, US Ambassador to the CSA,
To the administration of President Benjamin Tillman of the CSA (@Thomas.Berubeg)

We need to talk. (OOC: skype later?)

Poland objects heavily to its mighty Navy being classified as a "Coastal Defense Fleet" and demands this be rectified post-haste!

@JK: Yes you are still Confederation of the Rhine.

@TheLastJacobite: Nyet.

@TheLastJacobite: Nyet.

OOC: But that would mean that Prussia and myself would be the only European nations with colonies overseas and no High Seas Doctrine. This would be in spite of smaller nations (in terms of size, EP and/or IC)- namely Denmark, Portugal, Spain, Westphalia, the CSA ((which has no colonies)) and Japan- all possessing a high seas naval doctrine. It hardly seems fitting. Granted, the Polish and Prussian colonies are smaller and newer than most, but I can't imagine either nation would develop a navy that is unable to either defend or even reach their colonies

The navies of both Prussia and Poland are as you say new to the colonial empire bit, and their navies have always been oriented towards coastal defense. Due to the small size of the navies and colonies in question, both Prussia and Poland have had to acknowledge the fact that they can't really contest at sea either of the major powers should they decide to take the colonies over. Therefore, Coastal Defense is more suited of a doctrine in the waters of the Baltic, where naval conflict is far more likely to take place. of course if you disagree, feel free to adopt a relevant new doctrine.

Top Bottom