Alien Nests and Resource Acquisition

Barathor

Emperor
There have been threads about this before, and it's existed since Vanilla, but I'm not sure if any have made their way here.

Personally, I would really like to see this addressed because I would like to see more things done with nests in the official version of the game, and because I have my own plans for them in mods.

But, right now, they're a bit too unstable and don't work correctly.

Here's a summary of the problem:

Aliens Neutral >> Acquire Nest >> Aliens Friendly

You don't get the resource upon acquirement.
You don't get the resource quantity when alien approach changes.

Example Total = 0
If you remove the Friendly nest, the quantity is subtracted from your total!
Total = -4
If a Friendly nest respawns, the quantity is set back to normal.
Total = 0

Aliens Friendly >> Acquire Nest >> Aliens Neutral

You get the resource quantity upon acquirement.
You keep the resource quantity when alien approach changes.

Example Total = 4
If you remove the Neutral nest, the quantity is not affected.
Total = 4
If a Neutral nest respawns, the quantity is not affected.
Total = 4
Though, if alien attitude changes, and a Friendly nest respawns, the quantity is added again!
Total = 8

Basically, quantities aren't dynamically updated upon alien attitude change. Instead, it relies on simple triggers for only Friendly Nest improvements when they're added or subtracted from your borders. A Friendly Nest will always add to your total when it first appears in your territory and it will always subtract from your total when it is removed. Though, because alien attitude isn't static, attitudes other than Friendly allow the triggers to be dodged when improvements are modified, causing wacky outcomes.

Simple Fix: Alien attitude doesn't affect resource acquisition. It always is added if present, it's always removed if destroyed.

BUT... have an extra XML tag or something that only allows this addition/subtraction with either a tech unlock or, more preferably, an affinity perk unlock (mid/late Harmony). :D Purity or Supremacy don't deserve to gain the resource anyway unless they hybridize towards Harmony... thematically, they would prefer to wipe the nest out.

Top Bottom