American_Revolution for BtS 3.19

isenchine

Empress
American_Revolution: Civ4 Vanilla Mod now updated to Beyond the Sword 3.19

Download at CFC Database

Uploaded on 14 January 2016
(14 January 1784: American Revolutionary War: Ratification Day:
United States Congress ratifies the peace Treaty of Paris with Great Britain!)

Author: FIRAXIS Games (Jon Shafer)

Additional credits:
Flavor units: GeneralMatt (Cannons, German Mercenaries), Bakuel (Minuteman), C. Roland (Loyalist Irregular)
Platyping: Text Reader (CTRL-F12: displays the help text in a scrollable screen. Useful when encountering a huge army!)

Jon Shafer: in 1775, the 13 British Colonies in North America broke out in open revolution against the empire and sought to forge their own path alone as an independent nation.

Citing exploitive practices by the British Empire, the Colonists were angered over what they saw as unjust taxation, lack of representation in the British government and in the case of some, loss of potential fortunes which could be made trading with other parts of the world.

Following the Battles at Lexington, Concord and Bunker Hill, the British are bottled up in Boston by the newly formed Colonial Continental Army led by General George Washington.

However, the Colonies are fragile and have nowhere near the resources of a worldwide empire, so the situation is dangerous for both sides.

Shall you help lead the Colonies into freedom or fight to keep the Empire intact?

Multiplayer: you play as either the Colonists or the British

Installation:
Unzip in BtS/Mods folder (Charlemagne, etc). Load BtS, then the Mod or double-click directly on the file American_Revolution.CivBeyondSwordWBSave in the PrivateMaps folder.
Note: there is an underscore between the words American and Revolution.

PS (3 February 2016): there is now an alternative scenario proposed (American_Revolution_France) which allows to play as the French (with New Orleans and St Louis as French cities instead of Spanish). Special! :D

Enjoy! :)

Thanks, I might review this one day and expand it a bit. I'll remember to check your Empire of Liberty first! ;)

Hello, I think it's incredible that someone's converting Vanilla and Warlords mods to BtS format. :) Are you planning on working on the Genghis Khan or Chinese Unification mods anytime soon? I want to play them again with BtS mechanics, especially the latter one. Don't know whether you're planning on doing all them or not, but if so, I would love to see those two prioritized, if that's fine.

Anyway, thanks for all your work thus far!

You're welcome. :)

Genghis Khan and Chinese Unification are next on my list (with maybe the Barbarian Mod inserted in-between).

I will need that, Genghis Khan is a bit troublesome! :deadhorse:

Back to the topic: Testhero gave me the hint to make American Revolution also playable as French. Quite a challenge!

To make the French playable without changing the mod, I gave them back the cities of New Orleans and St Louis (Spanish possessions at the time). For that, I created an alternative scenario WBS file called "American_Revolution_France".

A little bit of history: La Nouvelle-Orléans (New Orleans) was founded in 1718 by the French. The city was ceded to the Spanish in 1763 at the end of the Seven Years' War. It was returned to the French briefly in 1802. In 1803, Napoleon sold Louisiana (including New Orleans and St Louis) to the United States in the Louisiana Purchase. So let's say it's plausible that the cities are French during the Revolutionnary War!

I took this opportunity to correct a bug that was preventing the display of the Civics' page in the Civilopedia.

For the download, see the link in the first post.

By odd coincidence I decided to look up this scenario again today (Jan 14), as I am getting back into scenarios and CivIV and the included desert war is a bit silly {naval vessels are too cheep} and needed some custom assets so I am not strafing Panzer IVs with stealth bombers

Isenchine I am making an exception to vanilla play and will be down-loading BtS to play this.
Thanks very much for the alternate French start now we can attempt victory from all sides of the conflict.
I can see why you left Desert War for last. It has a lot of events and is quite rough and ready compared to the other scenarios.

Top Bottom