HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 24 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to zbgayumn for the highest score of the update with a Huge, Marathon, Warlord, Domination game for 408104 points.

lymond was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.

yyeah was the most active player during this update, submitting 4 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Sun Tzu Wu - 505 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 170507 points
yyeah - 1220 AD, Large, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 97098 points
yyeah - 1730 AD, Small, Quick, Deity, Conquest game for 37376 points
yyeah - 2050 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Time game for 23092 points
yyeah - 2050 AD, Tiny, Quick, Deity, Time game for 23283 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 198 - Cultural, Prince, Ancient, Small, Normal, Medium and Small, (check options)
1st elitetroops 2280 BC
2nd lymond 2220 BC
3rd shulec1980 BC 1980 BC

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Major 143 - Diplomatic, Emperor, Ancient, Standard, Normal, Terra, (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
yyeah with a 1730 AD, Small, Quick, Deity, Conquest game for 37376 points.
yyeah with a 1220 AD, Large, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 97098 points.

elitetroops with a 2280 BC, Standard, Marathon, Immortal, Conquest game for 94277 points.

Dhoomstriker with a 1560 BC, Duel, Normal, Noble, Domination game for 34485 points.
Sir Drake with a 1448 AD, Duel, Marathon, Noble, Space Colony game for 141372 points.

Sir Drake with a 1440 AD, Large, Epic, Warlord, Space Colony game for 153312 points.
Sir Drake with a 1515 AD, Tiny, Epic, Warlord, Space Colony game for 110280 points.

NobleZarkon with a Jan 2050 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Chieftain, Time game for 31840 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
Sir Drake with a 1440 AD, Large, Epic, Warlord, game for 153312 points.

3.8 for this Future start game :cry:.
I think i need to be more carefull with my submisions.
Or leave Rock of Ages for the end until i figure out what is going on there. :undecide:

Congratulations to zbgayumn for the highest score of the update with a Huge, Marathon, Warlord, Domination game for 408104 points.
Wow, that game must have taken a long time to get through!

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Major 143 - Diplomatic, Emperor, Ancient, Standard, Normal, Terra, (check options)
Ahh, it's those kinds of links (directly linking to gauntlet=575, in this case) that are useful to have, and which would be nice to see mirrored over in the Gauntlet threads themselves. Over time, these similarly-named HOF Civ4 Update Discussion threads get lost amongst each other, but the Gauntlet threads themselves are often a source of good reading, and it would be nice to have the links to the relevant games listed in those threads.

Or leave Rock of Ages for the end until i figure out what is going on there. :undecide:
Are you suggesting that by submitting some games, you can reduce your overall ranking in some sort of table? I'm not totally sure how all of the rankings in the HOF work and am open to hearing info about how they work. As best as I can tell, for the QM and EQM rankings, it LOOKS as though only your top 2 best games in each category matter. But, maybe there's some other ranking where submitting an unimpressive game reduces some sort of ranking placement? Or, did I completely misunderstand your comment about getting a low value?

About the only way to get high scores on later starts is to pick a Time game and spam Sushi. (Lame, yup). If you look at my deity Rock of Ages, its awful because I have better things to do with my time. You will also need an ancient start time game for Machiavelli. (Uggh!)

Are you suggesting that by submitting some games, you can reduce your overall ranking in some sort of table? I'm not totally sure how all of the rankings in the HOF work and am open to hearing info about how they work As best as I can tell, for the QM and EQM rankings, it LOOKS as though only your top 2 best games in each category matter. But, maybe there's some other ranking where submitting an unimpressive game reduces some sort of ranking placement? Or, did I completely misunderstand your comment about getting a low value?

Yes You undestood me right Dhoomstriker.
Tbh i dont understand how this score counting formula works either.
But what iam think about it is ...
overall score for category = best score game (usually 100) + avarage of all other submited games in this category.
If that would be sume of 2 best games everybody would have 200 there.
If i submit for 50 and for 50 my avarage will be 50.
If i submit for 50 and 50 and 3 my avarage will be ~34.
Better just dont submit bad game
Offcourse assuming that iam able to play better game.
You know what i meen ?

Edited

Allright i was wrong i think i got this.
For sub category 2 best games counts.
And Category score is sum of scores for every subcategory / amount of subcategories.
I think.

I though that this 2nd value is avarage of all submited games in subcategory ... i was wrong.

About the only way to get high scores on later starts is to pick a Time game and spam Sushi. (Lame, yup). If you look at my deity Rock of Ages, its awful because I have better things to do with my time. You will also need an ancient start time game for Machiavelli. (Uggh!)

Yea this Rock of Ages games are lame, i dont know how i will manage to play time game with A start.
Thankfully i have a lot more fun stuff to play first.:)

Edit.
Btw 53 is not bad Shulec ! ;).
I started with 3.8 !, 53 is like a dream :lol:

3.8 is ok. I actually have a 0.0 in my EQM status. Not sure how that happened, but I'm sure it can be improved, just as your 3.8 game can be improved.

孫子武

The 1220 AD Diplomatic game is really very good as it's on Boreal on top. Congratiulations towards all players that submitted games in the current update though :) .

Top Bottom