TSG 125 Results and Congratulations

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
A list of the submissions for this game is here for your viewing

The list is compiled by fastest turn victory and by score.

TSG 125 was Spain deity culture

Congratulations goes to:
Anakin.del with a turn 127 win 300 AD :trophy:
bc1 with a turn 224 win 1570 AD :trophy2nd:
tyfoonturk with a turn 232 win 1610 AD :trophy3rd:

High score awards goto:
kittenOFchaos with a score of 5514 and turn 319 win :trophy:
budweiser with a score of 3828 and turn 315 win :trophy2nd:
bc1 with a score of 3415 and turn 224 win :trophy3rd:

There were 230 downloads with 15 entries and 0 exclusions for this game.:goodjob:

Congratulations to the trophy winners and :thanx: to all who played this game and participated in the discussions. I would like to thank the players that submitted with a loss. Its a rare thing to do. As the map maker I appreciate the willingness to keep playing.
Special thanks to AlanH for keeping the submission system working. :goodjob:

Turn 127 SS possible on deity?

I knew it could be done with this map. With Spain, on a cooked map, you can do anything. I hope this Anakin.del person took a video and posted it somewhere, or comes back and explains how they did it. Pulling this off had to be epic, a mix of composite bow/xbow shenanigans and ICS right up to turn 127. Maybe even cities founded with Conquistadors? I must know how this was done.

300AD? I was barely getting warmed up at that point.

His save can be dl from the results list. He ends w 19 cities most very small final TPT was in the 50s. The map was cooked to yield this result if you found the GBR early. You start off with basically 4 free cities 3 from the UA 1 from liberty.
Then each city produces 1 more and youre at 10 repeat the process and you're at 20 settle on some luxs pagoda solves 2 happiness and adds to culture and faith. It snowballs fast. I got a 160s win, but didn't get the city production up fast enough. Persia took offense at my city growth and i wasted time trying to eliminate him rather than holding him off, and back filling.
Edit
Went back and checked he has mosques not monasteries so that helps a bit more in managing the happiness. Also it was 70tpt not 50s

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My favorite level is deity, my favorite victory is cultural and my favorite leader is Isabelle = it was really a GOTM for me…

It was not very difficult to win so early with a standard Sacred Sites strategy, the only thing to do (with spain) is to find a natural wonder early and after that, to choose the best pantheon for spain =
One with Nature: +4 faith from Natural Wonders. Although very situational, this can be a powerful faith generator. Its effects stack with the faith yield of a religious natural wonder, so, for example, Mt. Fuji and One with Nature will yield 7 faith from a single tile ( and 2 gold and 3 cultur). This is a particularly compelling pantheon belief for Spain, whose Unique Ability doubles yields from natural wonders, including the faith yield from One with Nature (e.g., Mt. Fuji and One With Nature would yield 14 faith from a single tile).
In this game 125 after find the Mt. Fuji use the gold bonus for Spain to buy a settler in capital, found your second city early near the Mt-Fuji, with 3 faith found a pantheon in a few turn and choose One with nature and after that the game is already win ( the last thing to do ist to build a dessent army to defend your territory and to aplic the SS strategy…).

Sorry for my bad english …I hope it is understanding…!

My favorite level is deity, my favorite victory is cultural and my favorite leader is Isabelle = it was really a GOTM for me…

It was not very difficult to win so early with a standard Sacred Sites strategy, the only thing to do (with spain) is to find a natural wonder early and after that, to choose the best pantheon for spain =
One with Nature: +4 faith from Natural Wonders. Although very situational, this can be a powerful faith generator. Its effects stack with the faith yield of a religious natural wonder, so, for example, Mt. Fuji and One with Nature will yield 7 faith from a single tile ( and 2 gold and 3 cultur). This is a particularly compelling pantheon belief for Spain, whose Unique Ability doubles yields from natural wonders, including the faith yield from One with Nature (e.g., Mt. Fuji and One With Nature would yield 14 faith from a single tile).
In this game 125 after find the Mt. Fuji use the gold bonus for Spain to buy a settler in capital, found your second city early near the Mt-Fuji, with 3 faith found a pantheon in a few turn and choose One with nature and after that the game is already win ( the last thing to do ist to build a dessent army to defend your territory and to aplic the SS strategy…).

No your English was fine, and thanks for coming back and letting us know how you did it. I checked the event log too, couldn't check the save but 19 cities is insane. Very good job, this was quite a task :goodjob:

Founding 15 cities from turn 30ish-the final round while beating back Persia, Indonesia, and Netherlands takes quite some skill. I didn't know we could download and open the saves though, I'll be trying that once I fix my computer. I didn't find the darn GBR until turn 50ish, shouldv'e learned to swim faster.

I tried to follow the same approach, but got my butt kicked by Rome + Japan + Persia all DoW'ing me after I founded my 5th city... I gave up after losing Madrid and one more city.

Great job there! Out of curiosity, did you advance Tradition or Liberty before going for SS?

The first 2 cities wont be a problem, hold off on getting to 5 cities until you can get an army. Turn 50 or so.
One thing he did that i didnt think of was to not build any thing. Cap only has shrine, temple, pagoda, mosque, and monument. Most of his cities are like that. Other than that im guessing it only produced units and settlers. Based off of the early founding im guessing he went piety first then liberty.
I tried to follow the same approach, but got my butt kicked by Rome + Japan + Persia all DoW'ing me after I founded my 5th city... I gave up after losing Madrid and one more city.

Great job there! Out of curiosity, did you advance Tradition or Liberty before going for SS?

That would make sense. Not sure if Anakin followed your advice, though. Check out his timeline:

10 Barcelona (#2)
35 Sevilla (#3)
36 Cordoba (#4)
44 Toledo (#5)
62 Santiago (#6)

He delayed #6, not #5, presumably to build an army. On the other hand, my memory span is like 30 min, I may have been hit after the 6th city, not the 5th.

Its relative to how many cities the other civs have. If they 4 you can go to 5. Or he may have built his army up by the time he settled toledo cap is doing nothin after turn 15 or so

The solution for me was to pay Japan to declare war to Rome, so I have only the persian in war with me and Madrid was easy to defend with mountain and water...in this time the rest of my cities are south and was not attacked...

I advance piety first and than liberty to have a free Great Musician to finish with the best cultural civ ( culture boost from mosques and pagoda help me to finish both SP )

Im not getting it. What is the strategy of all these cities ?

Dont you need to either kill a civ before its got 100 culture and then get back to it after cleaning the rest of the map or need a boat load of tech for tourism stuff in order to win culturally ?

Im not getting it. What is the strategy of all these cities ?

Dont you need to either kill a civ before its got 100 culture and then get back to it after cleaning the rest of the map or need a boat load of tech for tourism stuff in order to win culturally ?
The reformation belief Sacred Sites makes faith bought buildings provide 2 tourism each. 2 buildings per city is 4 per city 19 cities is 96 tpt. Most diety civs wont get above 3000 culture before turn 150. It only takes about 30 turns to overcome that at ~100tpt

The solution for me was to pay Japan to declare war to Rome, so I have only the persian in war with me and Madrid was easy to defend with mountain and water...in this time the rest of my cities are south and was not attacked...

I advance piety first and than liberty to have a free Great Musician to finish with the best cultural civ ( culture boost from mosques and pagoda help me to finish both SP )

Good to know, thanks for the info! Again, great job!

Top Bottom